Back on Carnival after 10 yrs!

kimala

No bad reflection on Carnival at all. Just a fact that this will be my hubby and Is 1st time back on a Carnival Ship since our Honeymoon 10 years ago! We just booked Carnival Glory for our 10th anniversary Oct 18th sailing. Mostly we just got used to sailing with RCL & became "platinum" members. This year has been tough financially though and so I was bargain hunting and also thought it would be kind of romantic to go on Carnival again for our anniversary! I just had a few questions since its been so long....

1) I read Carnival gives robes in the cabins? Do they do so for all cabins inside as well as balcony?

2) Is it true you can get capachino for free after dinner in the dining room?

3) We are booked mid ship inside room Verandah deck. Will it be noisy just below the Lido?

4) Can you get them to cook the burgers on the outside grill medium rare? I know they are not big into outside grilling on Royal but Ncl was & they insisted for health reasons to cook the burgers like hocky pucks. Just wondering about Carnivals rules.

5) I like to wake up before my hubby and go to the spa but Im directionally challenged, will I get lost going from Verandah deck to the Spa?

No bad reflection on Carnival at all. Just a fact that this will be my hubby and Is 1st time back on a Carnival Ship since our Honeymoon 10 years ago! We just booked Carnival Glory for our 10th anniversary Oct 18th sailing. Mostly we just got used to sailing with RCL & became "platinum" members. This year has been tough financially though and so I was bargain hunting and also thought it would be kind of romantic to go on Carnival again for our anniversary! I just had a few questions since its been so long....

1) I read Carnival gives robes in the cabins? Do they do so for all cabins inside as well as balcony?

3) We are booked mid ship inside room Verandah deck. Will it be noisy just below the Lido?

4) Can you get them to cook the burgers on the outside grill medium rare? I know they are not big into outside grilling on Royal but Ncl was & they insisted for health reasons to cook the burgers like hocky pucks. Just wondering about Carnivals rules.

5) I like to wake up before my hubby and go to the spa but Im directionally challenged, will I get lost going from Verandah deck to the Spa?

1. There have been reports that inside staterooms do not get robes, but then I have read where they have been provided by asking the stateroom attendant. Perhaps someonelse can verify this answer ?

2. We have been able to get free cappucino after a meal in the dining room in recent sailings. At least we were never asked to sign for it and never appeared on our final bill !

3. Don't think noises will be an issue when trying to sleep at all.

4. I have not seen any burgers cooked to order, but dont see why they wouldnt when they sure do provide a rare or medium rare piece of Prime Rib in the dining room when asking for well done ! But I can understand the concern of undercooked products from a possible health risk and liability point of view.

5. Once you get accustomed to the ship, you will be fine... they also have small deck plans you can carry with you and the staff will guide you if you lose your way to or from the spa !

Have a GREAT CRUISE !

Carnival Rules, er well in my opinion...

Robes-each cabin has two robes

Capuccino--not sure, but likey you can

Inside Deck 8-depends on the time of day, you might hear something, but I had a balcony on Deck 8 right below the main pool area and didn't hear a thing.

Burgers-I don't think they will for health reasons. They will cook it well done.

The spa is easy to find as long as you can get to the central atrium--get on the elevators at the Central atrium and then when you get off on Spa Deck you have no other place to go but the spa......

Have fun, and I hope you see that Carnival is just as good or better than RCI!

If the robes are not in your cabin, just ask your cabin steward for them. they always say they will get them by the next morning, usually earlier.

Seems some say yes and some say they didnt get them. I hope so.

I hope you did not book below the pool area. This is the worst area and why most say they wouldnt book a guarantee. There is no carpeting and you will hear chair scaping from about 3 a.m. on. Any other place is ok.

Not sure. I think there might be a fish and chips place on Glory since its a sister to Conquest who has sur mer for fish. also try the reubans, they are to die for, there is a sandwich place with hand made deli sandwiches to order.

I dont think so. You can ask for a little card map at the purser's deak. We do.

check out the sushi too, its only open around early dinner time though.

sur mer opens at noon.

you should love the glory.

1) I read Carnival gives robes in the cabins? Do they do so for all cabins inside as well as balcony? Yes they do...Even IS rooms

2) Is it true you can get capachino for free after dinner in the dining room? Yes you can !

3) We are booked mid ship inside room Verandah deck. Will it be noisy just below the Lido? Not sure!

4) Can you get them to cook the burgers on the outside grill medium rare? I know they are not big into outside grilling on Royal but Ncl was & they insisted for health reasons to cook the burgers like hocky pucks. Just wondering about Carnivals rules.I asked for (pink on the inside) Last cruise they said ok...but it was cooked Well, but it was fresh and good.( i had to wait for it)..but atleast they did not jump on me for it.

5) I like to wake up before my hubby and go to the spa but Im directionally challenged, will I get lost going from Verandah deck to the Spa? Find it once and i am sure you will be ok

Enjoy your Cruise Carnival has a great product and great prices !

Archived