formal nights?

bobgail

Has Azamara done away with formal nights, as has Oceania? Hope so, much simplerr to pack, especially with weight and baggage restrictions being what they are today. We are on Azamara Quest, Jan 3 - Southeast Asia.

Has Azamara done away with formal nights, as has Oceania? Hope so, much simplerr to pack, especially with weight and baggage restrictions being what they are today. We are on Azamara Quest, Jan 3 - Southeast Asia.

There are no formal nights on Azamara. It is Country Club casual.

Shari

As a note it's been announced on the Celebrity forum that they have done away with everything but the Formal nights as of Aug 1..on all their cruises...all else will be "County Club casual" As is Azamara and Oceania. Of course the stuffy types there are sure everyone will be showing up in shorts, tanktops and flip-flops. They keep referring to it as the "dumbing down" of Celebrity. I tried to explain to these folks that Dumbing down is a far more serious problem than what to wear on a cruise ship!! They had someone go so far as to say "If someone appears on Formal night inappropriately dressed (Not sure if that means Tux as some have insinuated)they would just walk away from the table and refuse to eat with them!!! Hooray for Casual!..now if we could only get open dining!!

On our Quest cruise most everyone wore very nice clothing in the dining room, but just about what you'd wear at home for the rest of the time onboard (No not the ripped sweats!!). (I'd worry more about the guy with the Thong swimsuit..no not speedo that boggled my mind..where were the fashion police then???)

Be back to Azamara or Oceania as soon as I can! But will have to do the 3 Formal nts on Millennium to see Aust/NZ and dine at exactly 6:30 I guess!:eek:

Hi Bobgail !

As some additional information, Azamara has never had formal nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived