Menu - Chef's Table, Star Princess

geejay

Here is the menu for the Chef's Table from June 5th sailing on the Star Princess:

Alaskan Crab Cocktail with Avocada and Mango

Strasbourg Duck Liver Pate on Toast

Petite Bouche of Osetra Caviar

Golden Fried Breaded Shrimps

Moet Et Chandon, Brut

Atlantic Lobster and Fresh Asparagus Risotto

Lomon and Wild Berries Sorbet

Glazed Roast Veal Shank and Tenderloin Flambeed

Served with Chateau Potatoes and Fresh Market Vegetables

Potted Stilton with Walnuts and Port Wine

Rosemary Biscotti

Tracy Arm Iced Amaretto Parfait

Coffee or Tea with Executive Chef Mario Rotti

Homemade Biscotti and Petite Fours

We very much enjoyed the galley tour and the meal, which was made even better by great tablemates! We enjoyed the chocolate tuxedo strawberries sent to our cabin the next evening. That was a surprise and a nice touch!

Gloria

Thank you very much for the menu. We will be on the Star this Oct. I am just curious if they change menus depending on the ship or will it be the same. It really does not matter since we plan to sign up for it anyway.

Marilyn

Thank you very much for the menu. We will be on the Star this Oct. I am just curious if they change menus depending on the ship or will it be the same. It really does not matter since we plan to sign up for it anyway.

Marilyn

I've seen several different menus posted for CB Chef's Table dinners, so I'm guessing nothing is set in stone. May depend on what the chef feels like making that night, or what looks particularly fresh or is in season.

Here is the menu for the Chef's Table from June 5th sailing on the Star Princess:

Moet Et Chandon, Brut

Rosemary Biscotti

We very much enjoyed the galley tour and the meal, which was made even better by great tablemates! We enjoyed the chocolate tuxedo strawberries sent to our cabin the next evening. That was a surprise and a nice touch!

Gloria

Thanks for posting the menu. Do you recall which night(s) the Chef's Table was offered?

Sailing to Alaska on the Star in 90 days!

Chris

did you have to answer any food questions prior to this? I think I would like to do it, but the menu shown is pretty heavy on the shellfish, and I am allergic. Did they have any alternatives?

any info would be appreciated!

Moet Et Chandon, Brut

Rosemary Biscotti

Gloria

Gloria, thanks for the Chef's Table posting, we truly enjoyed the company and Chef's Table experience on the Star's, June 1st sailing. It was truly an experience to remember.

In addition to the above menu we also enjoyed the free flowing Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio, and the Kenwood "Jack London" Cabernet served with our courses. I would recommend the Chef's Table experience to anyone who enjoys food and wine.

The Chef's Table was held on June 5th as posted by Carol, this was a "Smart Casual" night after Skagway.

...In addition to the above menu we also enjoyed the free flowing Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio, and the Kenwood "Jack London" Cabernet served with our courses. I would recommend the Chef's Table experience to anyone who enjoys food and wine.

The Chef's Table was held on June 5th as posted by Carol, this was a "Smart Casual" night after Skagway.[/quote]

Thanks for the additional information.

The wines are two of our Princess favorites ;)

According to some recent reviews, the Chef's Alaskan Dinner is on the evening after Skagway. That menu looks awesome, and it would be a tough choice between the two. Can you confirm this?

Chris

According to some recent reviews, the Chef's Alaskan Dinner is on the evening after Skagway. That menu looks awesome, and it would be a tough choice between the two. Can you confirm this?

Chris

Sorry, I can't confirm this, we were in port all day and never had a chance to view that evenings menu.

did you have to answer any food questions prior to this? I think I would like to do it, but the menu shown is pretty heavy on the shellfish, and I am allergic. Did they have any alternatives?

any info would be appreciated!

At the meeting with the maitre d' on the day before, he did ask about food allergies. However, I got the feeling it was more along the lines of a warning rather than that they would change the menu around.....

No way of knowing for sure because no one in our group fessed up to having any.

Thanks for the menu posting. My mouth is watering right now. I'm going on the Star in November and I'd like to know how I sign up for Chef's Table. I am a solo traveler. Do they take solo travelers for this meal?

They do take solos. I just did this on Caribbean Princess on my own as DS had no interest in a gourmet meal.

You sign up by calling the Dining line on board OR seeking out the maitre d' on the day of boarding. I did the latter as I wanted to be sure he got my name down.

You cannot make a reservation in advance of the cruise.

I have shellfish allergies and when Gary called to make the reservations he told them that. We didn't hear anything back and I called twice before someone finally (reluctantly) told me that we were included and after I told them not to worry about my allergies, I would just enjoy the foods that I could eat. I wonder if they would rather not deal with the allergies?

I was surprised (and pleased!) to find that they had prepared different foods for me when they served the shellfish. :)

Gloria

PS -- Watch the champagne and wine! They keep filling your glasses. I had too much champagne so didn't drink any of the white, red, or dessert wines. Gary enjoyed all of them, maybe a bit too much! ;)

How much do the charge for this?
The charge is $75 per person Each lady received an autographed Princess cookbook and a long stem red rose.

Some answers based on our Chef's Table on the Crown in May and two others the same cruise.

It is up to the Chef what he prepares. Each of the 3 held within a week of each other were different.

People were denied being included in the Chef's Table if they had allergies - a couple were denied when interviewed the first day. Apparently the Chef did not want to worry about what he was preparing.

Depending on the itinerary and how many sea days and the length of port days there can be more than one Chef's Table if enough people are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did the Chef's Table on the CB and it was an exceptional experience. Typically 10 or 12 per seating. It has gottrn so popular that many of the ships now have multiple Chef's Tables per cruise. They primarily rotate though 3 primary menues, with some creativity and substitutions per meal.

A TRULY EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE and thr best $150 we spent on this cruise, bar none.

Archived