Princess Plat on Carnival and PVP question

happy cruzer

Hi, when I booked my 5 day cruise on the Ecstacy. The PVP I used mentioned that by cruise time my Princess platinum status might matter on Carnival.

Any ideas if this has happened or will happen?

Also I am thinking of booking another cruise on Carnival. Is there a reason to wait and do it on board the Ecstacy? Is there even a way to do it onboard?

Last question, do any of the PVPs offer any extras for booking? An OBC or bottle of wine? Can they match a TAs offer?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

Carnival doesnt allow advertising of a lower rate, however some TAs will discount over the phone, so you wouldnt see a lower rate. The TA I used used to offer a bottle of wine for a new booking, but not my PVP.

Ecstasy isnt one of the ships trying out the new booking on board program. unfortunately. Im in Texas and have Conquest and Ecstasy booked myself.

The only thing you could get as a past cruiser right now is a free upgrade if you are picking your cabin, doesnt help with a guarantee. So far none of the past guest specials have worked out for my bookings. Even for a past Carnival cruiser specials dont always apply when you book and by the time they do prices have gone up or whatever.

Hi, when I booked my 5 day cruise on the Ecstacy. The PVP I used mentioned that by cruise time my Princess platinum status might matter on Carnival.

Any ideas if this has happened or will happen?

Also I am thinking of booking another cruise on Carnival. Is there a reason to wait and do it on board the Ecstacy? Is there even a way to do it onboard?

Last question, do any of the PVPs offer any extras for booking? An OBC or bottle of wine? Can they match a TAs offer?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!

Being Platinum on Princess (for sailing on Carnival) only means that you will get the Past Cruiser's Discount but nothing more. Carnival and Princess do not reciprocate perks between sister cruise lines. Princess and Cunard do.

We have 30+ cruises on Carnival but would not get anything if we sailed on Princess except the Past Cruiser's Discount.

We have used the same PVP for 4 years and he used to send us t-shirts, wine etc. But over the years, I told him not to send us anything that costs him money. What he does for me is watch for price reductions and automatically reduces our final payment (or gives OBC if after the final payment). That is what is important to me.

TA's can cut their commission if they choose to. I do not believe PVPs will match that.

Archived