Peace & Quiet at Coco Cay?

Hi Folks --

I'm looking for some help from some of you who are veterans of Coco Cay. We'll be visiting there on the July 4th Sovereign cruise.

I would like to "set up camp" at a location there where:

(a) It won't be near a children's area,

(b) It won't be near a lot of noisy wave-runners, etc.

© There WILL be a bar nearby.

Any thoughts regarding where on Coco Cay we should head for?

Thanks much for your advice,

AG

Hi Folks --

I'm looking for some help from some of you who are veterans of Coco Cay. We'll be visiting there on the July 4th Sovereign cruise.

AG

As you get off the tender, head off to the right...you'll go thru/past the straw market...keep going right. After about a three minute walk you'll see a tiki like bar, has stools and decent selections...there is a small beach area directly to the left of the bar that we have always found to be quiet and kid free. There are usually lots of available loungers since most of the families tend to head to the left as they get to the island. Have a great time...oh and by the way, they have hammocks!! We'll be there on Monday July 7th...can't wait!!

What a great question and great response!!!! Coco Cay will be our first stop for our Honeymoon on the Mariner in August. We are looking forward to that day for sleeping on the beach! We are going to have a crazy few days before this with the wedding and getting to the port so we'll love a good drink, a quiet spot and a little alone time!

I went three years ago... we walked to a beach off to the right as well. Very quiet. We were the only ones there for awhile, and then a couple other people showed up. There was a waiter that always made sure we had a drink in our hand so no need to get up and walk to the bar.

Hi Folks --

AG

Head towards Coconut Willy's Bar. Go past the big inflatable slide, past the "water park". It is quiet, the bar is right there, there are washrooms close at hand.

The water is warm and kind of shallow (so no Wave Riders). There are hammocks set up, which are delightful.

<sigh.....>

I found a map online at: http://members.csolutions.net/morrica/images/cocomap2.jpg

(The children's playground is not as close as it looks on this map. Didn't hear a peep.)

Mike

Thanks for the link to the map, ottawapuppy, I appreciate that. I printed it off and will keep it in my cruise folder for future reference. :)

I, too, would like to know how long of a walk it is to Lands End and if there is anything worth seeing there.

What a great question and great response!!!! Coco Cay will be our first stop for our Honeymoon on the Mariner in August. We are looking forward to that day for sleeping on the beach! We are going to have a crazy few days before this with the wedding and getting to the port so we'll love a good drink, a quiet spot and a little alone time!

Be very careful on the beach as the sun rays are very hot there and you can burn veary quickly.

Check out the hammocks! PARADISE!!!! :D

I walk beyond the bar area and keep on going until I reach what my son calls "Hammock City" which is the most peaceful area on Coco Cay that I know of. The hammocks hang between palm trees and there are many Australian pines too, so the area has wonderful dappled sunlight.

There are also plenty of lounge chairs there if you prefer them to hammocks. You can see the lovely beach and gorgeous water in front of you. Ttis area tends to be breezy and cooler than others on Coco Cay.

The bar is not close to this area, but bar men come around on a little tractor and offer drinks for sale. There may be some children in this area, but for the most part, families tend to reamin closer to the areas that are closer in.

Head towards Coconut Willy's Bar. Go past the big inflatable slide, past the "water park". It is quiet, the bar is right there, there are washrooms close at hand.

The water is warm and kind of shallow (so no Wave Riders). There are hammocks set up, which are delightful.

<sigh.....>

I found a map online at: http://members.csolutions.net/morrica/images/cocomap2.jpg

(The children's playground is not as close as it looks on this map. Didn't hear a peep.)

Mike

This is pretty much where we went recently too. There is a small bar right there and a lot of hammocks. Not as many people venture that far down either.

Its a shame they dont have a bar at the end of the island, but then everyone would head there. Was glad we did even without the bar (before settling back where above...)

There is a great shady place with white curtains and wicker chairs near a small tower . Just walk straight from the tender to the water. It is left of the first beach area.You can't see it until you go around a building. There is a bar next to it.Very relaxing and great place to watch water crashing on rocks.You get a great breeze going through the patio.

Archived