5 day questions

Avril

Quick question here. I normally sail itineraries that are at least 7 days. This August, I'm sailing on a 5 day on the Carnival Victory (just a quicky to hold me over until October). :D I was just wondering, what should I take with me? How many casual clothes? Semi Casual/formal (for evenings)? Formal (if any)? Also, are the activities the same as a 7 day? I'm going on a 5 day Canada to St. John and Halifax with 2 sea days if that makes a difference.

Thanks!! :D

Well, if you're a seasoned 7-day cruiser, then you know pretty much what goes on, only fewer days' worth!

So fewer clothes will be needed, although something warmer than for a Caribbean cruise, I would think.

Check for recent reviews for the ship you're sailing.

One formal night on 5-day cruises.

Well, if you're a seasoned 7-day cruiser, then you know pretty much what goes on, only fewer days' worth!

So fewer clothes will be needed, although something warmer than for a Caribbean cruise, I would think.

Check for recent reviews for the ship you're sailing.

One formal night on 5-day cruises.

Thanks!! :D I guess I was just wondering if they have the same activities/entertainment (or kinds of) on a 5 day that they have on a 7 day (or longer). It should be pretty warm that time of year. :D I'm from Canada (just outside of Toronto) but I don't know if it is cooler there then here so I'm not sure what to pack. :confused: Only one formal night? Awwwwwwwwww, they're my favourite nights on a cruise!! :(Someone who has been on a cruise like this, please help!! I'm confused!! :confused:

Also, what are the must sees in our ports of call (St. John and Halifax)?

Thanks!! :D

Hello Avril, For what it's worth, we did the FOUR day Victory to Halifax a couple summers ago. We had one formal night, all the rest casual. You will probably have the same with only five days. (only now they do the "cruise elegant" instead of the formal night)

Our cruise was in July. We encountered very foggy weather while cruising, so it was a bit chilly. I wore capri pants in port and onboard most days, but shorts would have been OK too, unless you get cold easily. I don't.

It was only warm enough to swim in the ship's pools in the mid afternoon though. Evenings were definitely sweater weather. Perhaps August will be warmer for you.

Activites on the ship were just the same as you encounter on the seven day Caribbean cruises.

Basically

1st night Welcome Aboard show at 10:30pm

2nd night Formal night and Production show

3rd night Usually a comedy act

4th night Production show

5th night Farewell show

Dave

the production shows are my favorite and you still get two on the 5 day cruises. One of the best things about a 5 day, they have the best shows. you get to skip the magician or the guy who hypnotises folks from the audience which seems fake or whatever.... good to me :)

They also have all the "regular" daytime activities like the hairy chest contest, newlywed/not-so-newlywed, etc. I haven't seen horse racing on a five-day. Sometimes the activities will need to be moved due to weather - the first time we sailed to Canada, the hairy chest competition was in the main lounge. As for clothes, definitely bring along a jacket or sweater - we needed them last year in mid-August. The first sea day was very warm, though. In short, bring a little of everything.;)

There's lots to do in Halifax, depending on your interests; we've visited the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, took a boat tour (the Harbour Hopper city/harbor tour is a lot of fun), and taken a tour to Peggy's Cove. Lots of walking around - most of the waterfront activities are an easy walk from the ship. We've never booked a ship's tour.

In Saint John, we've done a lot of walking around the downtown area (parks, the City Market) and walked the Harbour Passage. This year I'm hoping to finally visit the Reversing Rapids.

Archived