Entertainment in lounges

Momma Mojito

I haven't asked for sometime but would still like to know how all of you feel about the entertainment in the lounges on your cruise? Did you have any favorites and if so who are they and what ship did you see them on? What kind of music did they play and did you see a lot of dancing?

One of the best I have seen is Robert Symons on the Golden Princess in October 2001. He is a fantastic steel panist who played alone with pre-recorded background music. I don't think he's cruising with Princess anymore. There were plenty of dancers whenever he performed.

http://www.tropicanasteelpan.com/home.html

The worst? No question about it - Legacy. We suffered through their amateurish "performances" last November on the Royal Princess. I didn't want to listen to them, but the lounge was next to the internet cafe so it was impossible to avoid them.

On the Star in April, we enjoyed the band in the Wheelhouse Bar. We sopped in several times before dinner. Sorry, I don't remember their name. They played mostly slow R&R. There were a good number of people dancing.

Archived