View from Royal Suite veranda

HeirBorne2008

Has anyone here ever stayed in one of the Royal Suites? I've seen pics of the veranda itself, but couldn't really tell what the view was. Also, what kind of wind is there when sailing? Anyone get blown down the hallway when opening the door when the veranda door was open? :D

Has anyone here ever stayed in one of the Royal Suites? I've seen pics of the veranda itself, but couldn't really tell what the view was. Also, what kind of wind is there when sailing? Anyone get blown down the hallway when opening the door when the veranda door was open? :D

All I can tell you is about the veranda door open...(as we don't run to Royal suite prices) I CAN tell you that in the regular rooms, you leave your veranda door open...you get the most awful caterwauling sound screaming , shrieking thru your cabin..Sounds like I'd imagine a Banshee would. If you open it just a little...it MOANS like a ghost??? Took awhile to realize that's what caused it...felt like we were in for a rough trip...never HAD a veranda, and wasn't sure what was causing that sound. It's to do with the air system I think When I got up and shut the door it ceased immediately! Those who say they always leave it open in good weather surprise me, plus RCCL ships do have problems with slamming doors injuring folk. Maybe those Celebrity ships don't shriek like this??? but there are rules against leaving them open .:eek: You don't break the rules do you??

When laying on a chaise there is actually no view as the lower half is metal and part of the structure of the Ship.

But sitting upright, there is no better place on the Ship, watching the wake.

The balcony actually gives you a small side view of the Ship as it curves round slightly.

We have never had a problem with any noises and it is a great place for entertaining friends.

Fo for it.

Brian

I am sorry cruisePRN but I totally disagree with you and have never had that problem.

Maybe if there is a strong wind blowing it may apply but in normal conditions I have no complaints.

Suffice to say I have booked 2 more cruises in the rear suites

Brian

I am sorry cruisePRN but I totally disagree with you and have never had that problem.

Maybe if there is a strong wind blowing it may apply but in normal conditions I have no complaints.

Suffice to say I have booked 2 more cruises in the rear suites

Brian

Brian, On Azamara the Royal Suites are the four in the front, you are in a Penthouse in the back..! They are windy and you hear the anchor..any movement is felt quote a lot in the boaw..

Jancruz1

Brian, On Azamara the Royal Suites are the four in the front... They are windy and you hear the anchor..any movement is felt quote a lot in the bow..

Jancruz1

I wasn't even thinking of the anchor! But the wind shouldn't be too bad when pulling into ports since we'll be slowing down! :)

The views when standing are absolutely beautiful especially when pulling into a scenic port. The space is wonderful inside and he balcony is also very roomy compared to a regular balcony.

The negative of these suites(which we have been in 5 times) is that the ship motion when there is any turbulence is very very bad. Secondly the suites on the 6th level are right over the lounge from which you get a great deal of thumping and noise. If we could not get a back suite, Penthouse, we would consider the ones on the 7th level. Enjoy!:)

Lucky for us, we're on the 7th Deck. And the motion won't bother me at all; I love it! ;) I'm traveling with my friend, another single mom. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be traveling! And no one else I know that is single wants to or has time to travel, or doesn't want to try a cruise. Diane has done about every ship and every type of cabin, but this is a first for her, too! Finally, something she doesn't have experience over me on! :D

Do these ships ever back in at the ports?

I prefer the aft section-- in the past cruises we sometimes pull in and other times back in--which gives me on the aft a fabulous view

Lucky for us, we're on the 7th Deck. And the motion won't bother me at all; I love it! ;) I'm traveling with my friend, another single mom. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be traveling! And no one else I know that is single wants to or has time to travel, or doesn't want to try a cruise. Diane has done about every ship and every type of cabin, but this is a first for her, too! Finally, something she doesn't have experience over me on! :D

Hi, What cruise are you on??

Jancruz1

Archived