luggage after cruise on land tour

silverjoe

Hi:

I have seen many posts about sending ahead the luggage for your cruise when you do a princess cruise tour, starting with the land portion first. Does anyone who has been on a north bound cruise know if you also can send the luggage you no longer need after the cruise up to the hotel in anchorage which is the last stop on our cruise tour after denali.

It would be great to not have to have all those cruise clothes follow you around to the princess lodges.

Thanks

Joe

Yes, we did the northbound cruise last summer followed by a five day cruisetour that ended in Fairbanks. We consolidated our bags so that we weren't dragging around our cruise clothes and the bags we didn't need were waiting for us upon arrival in our hotel in Fairbanks for the trip home. In fact, I believe there was a limitation on the amount of luggage that could be taken on the cruise tour.

Yes, your luggage can be stored and delivered when you arrive at your final destination. On the ship you'll get some "Join Me in Anchorage" or "Joim Me in Fairbanks" tags.
This is exactly how it works. At every stop you will be given your room key and the tags for the next leg of the journey for your luggage. It is a very efficient process.

• 1 year later...

My mom and a party of 3 others are on The Island Princess right now. They did the land portion first then cruise to AK. My mom who has been on 12+ Princess cruises but not land tours had to consolidate down from 2 checked bags to 1 and Princess would deliver the bag to the ship for her.(have not heard if this showed up)

So if you are on a land tour and cruise CHECK with Princess first before packing 2 bags.

Archived