Booze in your bag(i know beat a dead horse)

emt9898

I know this has been brought up alot... but i was wondering...

If you all can just leave a short note..did you bring on board and did they take it from you... That is all i need.. Just trying to see what the odds of getting it to my room is!!!

THANK YOU

I bought the plastic bottles (2)....Packed in my checked luggage. No problems!!! All of us in a group of 11 did it. I would have been scared the glass bottles would have broken...but I'm sure some folks do that too. And remember you can carry on one bottle of wine with you, per person in your carry on bag. Have a great time!!

If by some <slight> chance they found booze you had repacked into another container, water bottles, mouthwash bottles, whatever, they would discard it. If its still sealed they would just keep it and give it back at the end of the cruise.

Carnival seems to be very lenient, so I would say not much chance, I wouldnt worry.

Took the large sizes of the following: Maker's Mark, Grey Goose, Bailey's, and Captain Morgan. All were glass and wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in the large zip bags. All arrived to our cabin unbroken.

We take beer. The cans we repack into a soda box and reseal the end. Plastic bottles (Miller Lite) we've just packed in ziploc bags. Never had it taken.

Oh yeah, first time we took beer I packed it in a box and wrapped it as a gift. Boy was my husband surprized. I was petrified until we received our luggage. That was before I found Cruise Critic and realized that others smuggled also.

If you all can just leave a short note..did you bring on board and did they take it from you... That is all i need.. Just trying to see what the odds of getting it to my room is!!!

THANK YOU

Always do, never taken. Be careful of some of the glass bottles, some are thiner and break easier than others. Plastic bottles are a safe bet.

THANK YOU

It's a crap-shoot. If they find it - they'll confiscate it. If they don't find it, it's yours.

did you bring on board yes

did they take it from you no

Just trying to see what the odds of getting it to my room is!!! pretty darn good, just remember - in the checked luggage

See. That horse still has some life left in her :)

I had three cans of beer taken from my back pack , that was left over from our pre cruise night.

There was three security guards with there tongue hanging out, so I asked if we could pick it up at the end of the cruise just to piss them off and we were told no, so you know why they were taken.

Cruising out of San Juan you can carry it on, yes and they sell it at the port, go figure. Sailing out of florida I have packed it (plastic bottles) in my checked luggage and did not have a problem. Now before I get flamed I only took 2 small bottles so I could enjoy a drink in the cabin, when at the pool or around on the ship I always order from the bar.

One more tip when returning from the ship at various ports I have also carried a bottle or a 6 pack onto the ship. One time they told me I had to check the bottle but I just proceeded to the elevator and no one said a word. Again I am not bringing on a full bar just something to enjoy in the cabin. Good luck

My first cruise was on disney and you are allowed to take on your own alcohol, so when I cruised on Celebration I never through anything about it and put it all in carry on. DH likes a Canadian beer called Alexander Keiths and it really looks like the can of Canada Dry Ginger ale so when security opened the suitcase, he asked DH what this is, (holding up the can) DH was about to tell him beer and the sercuity guys says oh is this Canadian ginger ale, DH just said yes grabbed the suitcase and moved on:eek: :D Now we put it in our checked luggage.

I always bring a little something and never had a problem, even on NCL, which are really strict. WIth NCL, I bought a qt carton of juice with a pour spout and refilled it with Mango Rum and wrapped it in a ziplock. No problems at all. I think when they xray, they are looking for liqour shaped bottles and yes, also, mouthwash bottles.

I hear the rumrunner flasks work well.

On my next Carnival cruise, I plan on using water bottles, which I have used with success in the past.

Never had a problem with breakage or detection.

I wouldnt be so sure it wasnt detected. I know they can see the stuff. My guess is on Carnival, they just dont say anything, they know.

My prediction for the future is at some point they will start cracking down so they can up the profit on what they sell.... like RCL does. If RCL can see the stuff, so can Carnival lines.

RCL on my last cruise also waited until the last morning at 6:30 am to give it back, instead of the night before. To prevent you from drinking it the night before. Someone said we had a large percentage of underage teens on board is the reason given.

In San Juan, just bought a few bottles (Banana Rum, Raspberry Rum and Vodka) at the terminal and put it in my carry on bag. Walked on the ship with it over my shoulder and right to the room. No Problem.:o

It's a crap-shoot. If they find it - they'll confiscate it. If they don't find it' date=' it's yours.[/quote']

Nope not true. They found ours and gladly helped us with a hand cart to take back to our car;)

OP we have smuggled for the last 10 years only to be caught one time (see above) in San Diego. But have not had any problems since. I believe we were caught because this was the first time we brought the 16 oz aluminum cans and I'm sure they looked unusual during the x ray;)

Just bubble wrap, zip lock and stick in your checked luggage.......

My wife and I were thinking of packing an entire suitcase with two 12-packs of Sprite/Soda and a 12 pack of bottled water or Propel.

Will they open and look through baggage? And if so, will they confiscate soda or water?

My wife and I were thinking of packing an entire suitcase with two 12-packs of Sprite/Soda and a 12 pack of bottled water or Propel.

Will they open and look through baggage? And if so, will they confiscate soda or water?

Soda and water are allowed at this time to be brought on board. I always bring some along with my Arizona diet tea, and a few other things;) . I have never had any one question my luggage or its content.

I have brought a bottle of Captain Morgan and a bottle of Malibu on each of our 4 (so far) cruises.

They have always made it to our cabin. On one sailing we did a Cabin Crawl and ran into the CD. One of the people in our party was carrying his bottle of smuggled booze...when he showed it to the CD, the CD laughed and just said "You should see what I have in MY cabin!" LOL

We are not generally drinkers but my husband wants to bring vodka for bloody mary's on the balcony. I don't particularly like bloody mary's so I guess I will just bring a couple bottles of dessert wine and enjoy that in the evening on the balcony. I have also read on some threads that people bring their own mixers and/or magic bullets for frozen drinks. I guess if people can get away with doing that, a couple bottles of alcohol in your checked luggage aren't going to bring the law banging at your door.

THANK YOU

I brought 5 bottles of wine and 4 of booze. All made it.

Archived