Bean Bag Toss Game

Corn Hole is the preferred and recognized name around here, though I must admit it certainly threw me when I moved to this area.

They had it on the Miracle and it was played right in the middle of the main lobby. I do believe they called it Bean Bag Toss though...:D

ok...somebody please give me a brief description of this game...I have heard about it and that it's a popular game on board...when I think "bean bag toss," I think of the kiddie carnival game

When we were on the Liberty last year it was called "cornhole" and the whole family, including a 9 and 14 yr old, loved it. If you google cornhole you will find the game.

It is played with two teams of 2 players. There are two slanted boards approx 30 feet apart with a small hole cut out in the upper middle of each board. There are three bean bags per team, and each player from opposite teams will alternate throwing the bean bags until they are all on the other side. Then the other players will do the same. You get 3 points for making it in the hole an 1 point for making it on the board. Depending how many teams have signed up to play determines how many points you need to win. The winners advance and the losers are done.

At first there were few teams so you would play for a long time, but it became very popular and caused the games to be shorter.

I guess it's just now getting to some areas. Cornhole has been around in Indiana for years, big at tailgate parties. It's basically horseshoes with bags and boards.The official bags have corn in them instead of beans, silicone balls, etc, hence the name cornhole. I was actually surprised to see it as a feature event on Glory last week. http://www.americancornhole.org/

Archived