how to tell which dock?

monlyba

I'm sailing on 12/6 on Splendor and docking in St. Thomas on 12/9. I'm getting married there and my wedding planner, who's local to the island, has asked me if I know which dock the ship will be using - Crown Bay or Havensite - so she can plan the transportation for us from dock to beach and back. I was told by a cruise sales agent that there's no way to tell for sure until much closer to the sailing, but I was wondering how far in advance I could find out and also how I would even go about finding out...? if you have a clue for me and could give advice, I'd appreciate it!

There are currently 6 major ships scheduled for St. Thomas that day. Normally Carnival docks at Havensight, and will probably dock there. With six ships in port one of the is going to have to tender. There are two HAL ships and they have first rights at Crown Bay, three Carnival ships and one NCL, all of which usually dock at Havensight.

With the size of the Splendor, my best guess would be Havensight. (I also think I've seen 4 ships docked there but I could be wrong...I spent 2 weeks there about 5 years ago) Your PVP is correct though, it's probably too early to have that information confirmed. I know it's frustrating to have this sort of detail 'hanging' but I don't think there is anything you can do at this time.

thanks... I hope it is indeed Havensight (the coordinator also said Carnival usually docks there) b/c it's closer to where we need to be anyway... so I guess I'll just wait. thanks, I just wanted more confirmation that there's no way to tell this early.

When I sailed on Liberty a couple of years ago we used Crown Bay. As you get closer to your cruise you can use this site http://cruiseclues.com/portschedules.htm

The scroll down to USVI Cruise Ship Schedules USVI _**********

I would post the exact link, but CC blocks it.

I believe you have to subscribe to this site. Do you know of any free sites with this information?

There are currently 6 major ships scheduled for St. Thomas that day. Normally Carnival docks at Havensight, and will probably dock there. With six ships in port one of the is going to have to tender. There are two HAL ships and they have first rights at Crown Bay, three Carnival ships and one NCL, all of which usually dock at Havensight.

Where did you get this information? Do you have to subscribe for the information?

Thanks,

I believe you have to subscribe to this site. Do you know of any free sites with this information?
Nope...cruiseclues is a free sight and have used it for years. Everything from ports of calls to menu to daiy programs and more. It's a very useful site.....

The site I listed is St Thomas specific, its a monthly calendar of ship arrivals and which pier they use. If you followed the links it takes you right to the site.

I just posted the workaround since this is what you get when posting the direct link

http://www.**********/general_usvi/cruiseship/

Archived