Liberty - Cabin move?

A question about OV and Promenade Rooms.

I'm currently booked for a full forward OV overlooking the heliopad, though the stateroom (6206) is a little right of center on Deck 6. On the cruise date we are sailing, a couple Promenade rooms have opened up on Deck 8. Two (8555, 8559) are near the front elevators, two (8625, 8627) are near the elevators at the other end of the promenade mall, and one (8577) is almost square in the middle of the promenade mall rooms.

I've never sailed on Royal Caribbean (this will be my first) so should I keep the forward OV room or change to one of the promenade rooms?---then which one of those for the best views for the parades, people watching?

I know I could go to the cabin selection forum, but I thought I would have more response from those who actually sailed on Royal Caribbean on this forum.

Any help and infomation will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

My first inclination was to recommend switching to 8577 because it is midship. However, it is a connecting cabin (and so are all the other promenade cabins you mentioned). While some people have had no issues with connecting cabins, others have reported hearing noises or smelling cigarette smoke coming through or under the connecting door. I'm not so sure I'd risk booking one, to avoid even the possibility of these issues. If that doesn't bother you, then I'd say 8577 is the best of all the cabins you listed. The cabins on the far ends of the Promenade have a bit of a restricted vision of the entire stretch. If another cabin opens that's non-connecting, also mid-ship, or on a lower deck, I'd say grab it. (Just be aware that on Deck 6, some Promenade Cabins are over the bar/lounge, and some people report hearing the beat of the music into the wee hours of the morning- so if you choose one, make sure it is over a shop, the cafe or some other more quiet venue).

We happen to like Deck 6 because it's just a quick dash down the stairs to the Promenade, where you can grab a quick snack or cup of coffee. You're all the way forward though, so it's quite a long walk. (We've only been all the way aft, on Voyager class ships with are shorter, and didn't mind the walk at all).

All things considered, I'd say keep 6206!

:)Just returned from LOS 6/14 had a promenade room 6329 two doors from elevator excellent location one flight down to Royal Promenade one minute to

get coffee or any other things you might need.. would book this room again yes small but was ok for the two of us,,,you are to busy to stay in room.:)

Archived