If you cruise CArnival you must be....???

I recently had another person tell me how they much prefer to cruise RCI than Carnival. Each to their own. I myself have never been on RCI but do intend to one day. Some of my friends that have been on RCI, Carnival, Princess and Celebrity like them all. What's funny is I said to them how some friends have told me they prefer RCI but some other friends have told me they didn't have as much fun on RCI as Carnival and likes Carnival better. Automatically when I said that the person I was talking to said, 'well we're not big party people'.....I wonder why if someone likes Carnival better people automatically assume you must be the town drunk !:rolleyes: ......or in the case of some people lower class

I recently had another person tell me how they much prefer to cruise RCI than Carnival. Each to their own. I myself have never been on RCI but do intend to one day. Some of my friends that have been on RCI, Carnival, Princess and Celebrity like them all. What's funny is I said to them how some friends have told me they prefer RCI but some other friends have told me they didn't have as much fun on RCI as Carnival and likes Carnival better. Automatically when I said that the person I was talking to said, 'well we're not big party people'.....I wonder why if someone likes Carnival better people automatically assume you must be the town drunk !:rolleyes: ......or in the case of some people lower class

How does one equate big party people to town drunk or lower class for that matter:confused:

You did say they said they were not big party people right?

I've had people say similar things to me. I say don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm definitely not a party person but prefer Carnival because the food is great, the service is great, & you can have as much, or little, fun as you want! Carnival gives you a great cruise for your money.

Our first cruise was on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas...we had a great time, loved every minute of it.

Our second cruise will be on Carnival Splendor...and i'm sure we'll love every minute of it as well.

I'll be very interested in seeing both the differences and the similarities of the two cruise lines.

How does one equate big party people to town drunk or lower class for that matter:confused:

You did say they said they were not big party people right?

Well I guess I should have said also that comments were made about drinking and 'drunks' on Carnival as well in some of these conversations, and also comments from a different set of people saying about Carnival being lower class. I always say that I have always have had great experiences on Carnival and would imagine that there are definitely people who drink and get drunk on all cruise lines, but I would also like to try other cruise lines some day. Sorry I missed out that part.

Guest carlogesualdo

I think Carnival does have a bigger "party" reputation than RCCL. That's why we went with RCCL last time. We regretted that decision and won't be sailing with them again, although not because of the "party" thing.

Recently having been on our first cruise I did not know what to expect. I can see why some people think Carnival is a party cruise line. The guest on carnival certainly know how to have a good time. We are not party people by no means but that did not deter us from having a good time. There were some that had a few too many and was acting like fools but we just laughed and went on our way. These ships are plenty big enough for all kinds. You just have to know where to go. If you let something like that bother you, you should just stay home.:p

Recently having been on our first cruise I did not know what to expect. I can see why some people think Carnival is a party cruise line. The guest on carnival certainly know how to have a good time. We are not party people by no means but that did not deter us from having a good time. There were some that had a few too many and was acting like fools but we just laughed and went on our way. These ships are plenty big enough for all kinds. You just have to know where to go. If you let something like that bother you, you should just stay home.:p

I agree with you. I go on vacation to have a good time, and if someone is a little too rowdy or partying too loudly, we can always find some where else to go. Like you said- big ship! But personally I have never encountered a problem so far. Just thought it was funny how some people say these comments sometimes.

Look, an RCI person defending CCL! Believe me, you get the same foolish drunks on RCI ships. And from my experience, on NCL and Princess too. I don't get that whole mentality of denigrating Carnival. I may prefer RCI, but I certainly have nothing against Carnvial.

Unfortunately those opinions about Carnival are still around.

We are getting ready to take our granddaughter on her first cruise with Disney (4 day). Yesterday I was over on the Disney boards and someone asked about Glory vs Magic as she had found a good deal but had never sailed on Carnival. OMG, you would have thought she asked about sailing on a ship with a bunch of lepers!

Some of the people had never sailed with Carnival at all and they were only going by "what they had heard" and some had only taken 3 or 4 day cruises, so of course they "assumed" all Carnival ships had the same atmosphere.

There were several of us that had our opinions, but as I told them, everyone has a right to spent their money where they are most comfortable. But it does bother me to make rash judgements.

Dianne

I guess I must be such a trouble maker because I love Carnival. I went on my first RCCL cruise this year, and there were just as many drunks on this ship then on any other cruise we have been on. I would think RCCL was had worst drunks because my hubby was talking to drunk guy on the deck as they were smoking and the drunk guy, being the drunk guy that he is, admitted to a total stranger than he was there because he was meeting some woman he met on the ship to hook up with her while his wife was in their room asleep! Talk about troublemakers!!! And we caught people having some "intimate fun" (if you know what i mean) on one of the decks at night not one...but TWICE!!!

I have had people look at me weird when I tell them I love Carnival but I tell them, look, I may drink on the boat, but I am on vacation. I love to people watch so watching drunk people dance is the greatest thing ever!!! And I look good dancing next to them because most people are watching them and not my rhythmless-ness!

Those are my two-cents...now excuse me while I take my 4th shot of tequilla of the hour and go cause some raucous in the streets!

Ok yall, I'm soooooooo happy to hear people that cruise Carnival have more fun than the average ol' cruiser! We are planning our first Carnival cruise this Dec and after the boring, Never, Ever, Never again will we cruise with NCL, Carnival sounds wonderful!;)

What are we still in the 80's? Been on 4 RC cruises and 1 Carnival, not that it matters to me but believe me that plenty of drinking goes on during RC cruises. I think RC pushes drinks a lot more than Carnival.

I have had a great time on my Norwegian cruises and my Carnival cruises.

Some better than others of course.

I just got off the Sensation last week, and I really wish I had the $$ go on another cruise between now and the one I have booked in Sep. I am a sick sick person I think.

Although the Sensation was pretty much the long weekend trip to load up on cheapo booze and drink the weekend away.

It was seriously the first time that I saw someone bring their own bottle on to a "party boat" And then drink the whole thing.

(yes, it is true. A large bottle of grey goose was consumed and even added to the free rum punches)

I have had a great time on my Norwegian cruises and my Carnival cruises

It was seriously the first time that I saw someone bring their own bottle on to a "party boat" And then drink the whole thing.

(yes, it is true. A large bottle of grey goose was consumed and even added to the free rum punches)

Which only goes to show that there can be way too much of a good thing.

Actually I think that I would be happy on any boat that is clean, friendly and has semi decent food.

Well after hearing Samatha Brown last night on the Travel Channel say something to the effect that while on the Inspiration she would not be able to be sloppy drunk because to many people are going to be watching her just feeds that theory of low life drunks on Carnival Cruise Ships. How stupid can someone be.

I think I like Rcc because I,am older. Daughter loves Carnival because she likes to party. Thats her story not mine!

I wonder what ship because I have been on both Miracle and Victory and neither were 'party' atmospheres... nothing at all like this reputation Carnival has...

I wonder what ship because I have been on both Miracle and Victory and neither were 'party' atmospheres... nothing at all like this reputation Carnival has...

Maybe the shorter cruises are more party atmospheres, but I was on the 2 night CTN aboard the Legend and it certainly wasn't a party ship. Some people like to make it out that Carnival is one big frat party. :rolleyes: When it's actually not like that at all. I know I wouldn't cruise on it if it were.

20 years of cruising on Carnival and have yet to hit a party ship.

They are the fun ships, and the FUN is contagious.

It is lacking on the other lines I have sailed, and is one of the reasons I always come back.

Plus the food, service, entertainment, rooms, both private and public, the slide.......

Archived