If you cruise CArnival you must be....???

I think it all depends on when you cruise and definitely the shorter cruises.

We have been on some party hardy cruises on Carnival. So I know why they get that reputation.

The ships are big enough to get away from it. We just look at it as extra entertainment;)

I was talking to someone recently who sails other lines but no Carnival. I asked him why and he said it was because he heard there were a lot of drunk people that end up in fist fights!

He heard, not actually experienced, because he has never been on a Carnival cruise.

Speaking solely from my personal experience.. We were on the Miracle last September and will be going back this September.. I have to say it was not a big "party" atmosphere. IF you wanted a more lively atmosphere you could find it but if you didn't you had plenty to do and see. We are not big drinkers.. a few foo foo drinks for me a bucket of beer one afternoon for him. We did not see anyone falling down drunk ect.. We had the best vacation ever and can't wait to go back.. I think people who have not sailed Carnival base their opinions on old stereotypes or something because I found the entire experience to be wonderful and would recommend this line to anyone !!!

We are booked on Royal Caribbean as well as Carnival. We have sailed both lines many times. I think a lot of the problems see with Carnival, especially those not having sailed Carnival, is that many people talk about how drunk they were and don't remember a thing about the cruise.

If you doubt me, look at some Carnival posts. Rarely, if ever, do you see where someone said "I must have had a good time because I don't remember any of it" or " My wife said I had a good time." I am not saying that doesn't happen on other lines, but it seems to me that Carnival cruisers brag about it.

Also, and I know this is going to get me in trouble, Carnival has younger passengers and a lot of them don't know how to spell. Look at the posts and you will see that spelling or words are mis-spelled, phonetically spelled, whatever. I am NOT putting these people down, but you don't see the same things on other lines as frequently.

No matter, we all cruise on various lines for different reasons. I am happy to be going on Glory in January. I'm sure there are others who wouldn't go on Glory or some of the other cruises we have been on. To each his own.

The posting above is JMO and I hope no one takes offense. If so, I apologize in advance.

Sailed on the Grand Princess in January 2007---we witnessed all kinds of people participating in all kinds of experiences. If you wanted to "party"--you could find it. We met lots of wonderful people from all corners of the world and most of them were just glad they were on vacation!!!!

I've been on RCI the most and love it. I've been on Carnival (2 times and have one booked) and had a great time. I've been on Holland America and I must say the food was the best I've had so far on a ship but there were a lot of older people and it was really a quiet cruise. I've been on Princess (2 times) and loved that too. The food was good and the service was great. There were many activities going on all the time. Those 2 cruises were 15 days and 14 days.

Since I've given up flying for the time being I'll cruise with whoever goes out of Baltimore and/or Norfolk, ports I can easily drive to. I don't care where I go just so I'm going on a ship:D .

I was talking to someone recently who sails other lines but no Carnival. I asked him why and he said it was because he heard there were a lot of drunk people that end up in fist fights!

He heard' date=' not actually experienced, because he has never been on a Carnival cruise.[/quote']

Maybe they read cc:D

We are booked on Royal Caribbean as well as Carnival. We have sailed both lines many times. I think a lot of the problems see with Carnival, especially those not having sailed Carnival, is that many people talk about how drunk they were and don't remember a thing about the cruise.

If you doubt me, look at some Carnival posts. Rarely, if ever, do you see where someone said "I must have had a good time because I don't remember any of it" or " My wife said I had a good time." I am not saying that doesn't happen on other lines, but it seems to me that Carnival cruisers brag about it.

Also, and I know this is going to get me in trouble, Carnival has younger passengers and a lot of them don't know how to spell. Look at the posts and you will see that spelling or words are mis-spelled, phonetically spelled, whatever. I am NOT putting these people down, but you don't see the same things on other lines as frequently.

No matter, we all cruise on various lines for different reasons. I am happy to be going on Glory in January. I'm sure there are others who wouldn't go on Glory or some of the other cruises we have been on. To each his own.

The posting above is JMO and I hope no one takes offense. If so, I apologize in advance.

No offense here. I read the cc too;)

"Also, and I know this is going to get me in trouble, Carnival has younger passengers and a lot of them don't know how to spell. Look at the posts and you will see that spelling or words are mis-spelled, phonetically spelled, whatever. I am NOT putting these people down, but you don't see the same things on other lines as frequently."

Gee I didn't know RCCL has spelling bees on board! Is that on the activities list?!:rolleyes:

Some posters just don't type as well as they speak or spell...Similar to leaving out words in your post (See your first paragraph).. It means nothing

Unbelievable!

I would imagine that there would be drunkenness on any cruise line. Some people just buy into those fixed faulty beliefs. I don't recall anyone on the 2 cruises I've been on being falling down drunk. Good grief, you can go to any club in the DFW area & see people in that condition. Wouldn't it be the same for any cruise line?

I know you aren't downing Carnival but how is it that the "Mariner's Boozers" cruise (in you signature) is different from a Carnival cruiser talking about drinking? :p

What are we still in the 80's? Been on 4 RC cruises and 1 Carnival, not that it matters to me but believe me that plenty of drinking goes on during RC cruises. I think RC pushes drinks a lot more than Carnival.

You hit the nail on the head. At the pools, they are around constantly pushing drinks. The bars around the pool are also nice and more convenient than Carnival's. That has its pluses and its minuses. I found the service near the Carnival pools to be slow.

I think you find more differences in people who post on CC than you will of people on the ships.

Why post something like that, if you think that offense will be taken?

I really don't think there is a correlation between Carnival cruisers and people who can't spell. Being young also has nothing to do with not being able to spell.

Also, I see in your sig that you are going on a Mariner of the Seas Boozer cruise.;)

I know all of this is your opinion, but I still think you are misinformed. Just my 2 cents.

A tactfully stated opinion, kudos to you.

Please help me understand what your third sentence means:confused:

I'm sorry but I didn't know that a requirement for posting on CC was that you had to be an English major fresh out of college.

I guess I had better make sure all my T's are crossed and "I's" dotted or I will be considered something less desirable because I am 1) a CCL cruiser and 2) an iliterate.

I guess I should have read the rules first. Okay, time to do a spell and grammer check now.........

I'm sorry but I didn't know that a requirement for posting on CC was that you had to be an English major fresh out of college.

I guess I had better make sure all my T's are crossed and "I's" dotted or I will be considered something less desirable because I am 1) a CCL cruiser and 2) an iliterate.

I guess I should have read the rules first. Okay, time to do a spell and grammer check now.........

Right on Rockee:cool:

Right on Rockee:cool:

Thanks Posh

I would love for that poster to send me something. I would give it to my DS who is an English major. He corrects me all the time...I kind of think it's funny. When I finally get it right he says "there you go dad, now you got it". :rolleyes:

Grammer :confused:

:D Couldn't resist :D

Okay pete...you got me on that one!! :) I guess I'll maintain my status of a CC iliterate....:rolleyes:

Pete - I still want that design...I love it. Doing RCCL in 6/09 and want to wear it on their ship....:eek:

Thanks Posh

I would love for that poster to send me something. I would give it to my DS who is an English major. He corrects me all the time...I kind of think it's funny. When I finally get it right he says "there you go dad, now you got it". :rolleyes:

Yep, my grammer is not always correct here on the boards. This is a place to relax and let one's hair down. IMO. I can get corrected elsewhere:D

Yep, my grammer is not always correct here on the boards. This is a place to relax and let one's hair down. IMO. I can get corrected elsewhere:D

Heck Posh, I have to be proper at work. I have to watch everything I say and how I say it especially in e-mail. You know the corporate world!!!

Here I just type and let it fly. I do go back and edit at time but sometime i just say "ah, let it go, they'll know what I mean".

Archived