If you cruise CArnival you must be....???

You're absolutely correct! Stay away from Carnival and all the other lines on par with them, ie RCCL, NCL, X, Princess... Horrible Cruises! All of them

Bad food, horrible decor! Aweful I tell you!:rolleyes:

-Your TA must be real proud of herself, comparing CCL to the Volkswagen-The Fuehrers gift to the masses... How cute of her to make that analogy:rolleyes: (NOT)

She is not my TA.:) And I doubt that her analogy has anything to do with **** Germany .:rolleyes: An ignorant analogy.

People were wondering just how Carnival got the rep it seems to have. I gave my opinion. And I'm not sure how someone would go from "party" to mean "drunk and stupid"?? But many think that's what it means to sail Carnival.

There is a reason that Carnival has the reputation it does. When they find out what it is maybe they can change it.

She is not my TA.:) And I doubt that her analogy has anything to do with **** Germany .:rolleyes: An ignorant analogy.

People were wondering just how Carnival got the rep it seems to have. I gave my opinion. And I'm not sure how someone would go from "party" to mean "drunk and stupid"?? But many think that's what it means to sail Carnival.

There is a reason that Carnival has the reputation it does. When they find out what it is maybe they can change it.

People who make these judgements without any firsthand experience is what is ignorant to me- ( and I am not CCL Cheerleader)

If you think my statement about her Volkswagen analogy is ignorant-then perhaps you should you should become aquainted with the introduction of the Volkswagen and then you may get the ignorance of her photo collage-as she is likening Carnival to the Volkswagen.

You brought up the Volkswagen photo next to the Carnival ad..perhaps you didnt know the relevance..delivering a cheap affordable car to the masses.. generally what most people who have never sailed Carnival, think of it as a cheap cruise for the masses..;)

"The Volkswagen was a centerpiece of N---ism's claims to benefit ordinary Germans. Hitler proposed to build a cheap car that almost anyone could afford. He gave it the name "KdF Wagen," which we know as the Volkswagen. KdF was the abbreviation for "Kraft durch Freude" (Strength through Joy), a subsidiary of the Deutsche Arbeitsfront (German Labor Front), headed by Robert Ley. This chapter on the beginnings of the Volkswagen is taken from a book celebrating the achievements of "Kraft durch Freude." As it turned out, not many people got their cars until after the war. As the chapter notes, the first deliveries were planned for early 1940, at which point the factory had been turned over to war production."

The reputation only exists among those who have never sailed Carnival..Why would they, the most successful cruise line in the industry change what works? There is no need to address this 'reputation' because obviously it is not hurting sales....and only exists in the minds of those who never tried CCL;)

People who make these judgements without any firsthand experience is what is ignorant to me- ( and I am not CCL Cheerleader)

If you think my statement about her Volkswagen analogy is ignorant-then perhaps you should you should become aquainted with the introduction of the Volkswagen and then you may get the ignorance of her photo collage-as she is likening Carnival to the Volkswagen.

You brought up the Volkswagen photo next to the Carnival ad..perhaps you didnt know the relevance..delivering a cheap affordable car to the masses.. generally what most people who have never sailed Carnival, think of it as a cheap cruise for the masses..;)

"The Volkswagen was a centerpiece of N---ism's claims to benefit ordinary Germans. Hitler proposed to build a cheap car that almost anyone could afford. He gave it the name "KdF Wagen," which we know as the Volkswagen. KdF was the abbreviation for "Kraft durch Freude" (Strength through Joy), a subsidiary of the Deutsche Arbeitsfront (German Labor Front), headed by Robert Ley. This chapter on the beginnings of the Volkswagen is taken from a book celebrating the achievements of "Kraft durch Freude." As it turned out, not many people got their cars until after the war. As the chapter notes, the first deliveries were planned for early 1940, at which point the factory had been turned over to war production."

The reputation only exists among those who have never sailed Carnival..Why would they, the most successful cruise line in the industry change what works? There is no need to address this 'reputation' because obviously it is not hurting sales....and only exists in the minds of those who never tried CCL;)

I said I sailed Carnival twice. Wasn't my cup of tea so have moved on. I've heard alot of people who have sailed Carnival say they wouldn't go back. I didn't question all of them to find out why, mainly because I didn't care. There is a reason there are so many cruiselines.

I'm happy that Carnival is so successful and meets the needs of so many.:)

I doubt the TA even thought about the "history" of the Volkswagon when she decided to liken a Carnival cruise to that model of car. I'll be sure to let her know next time I speak to her.:D

I said I sailed Carnival twice. Wasn't my cup of tea so have moved on. I've heard alot of people who have sailed Carnival say they wouldn't go back. I didn't question all of them to find out why, mainly because I didn't care. There is a reason there are so many cruiselines.

I'm happy that Carnival is so successful and meets the needs of so many.:)

I doubt the TA even thought about the "history" of the Volkswagon when she decided to liken a Carnival cruise to that model of car. I'll be sure to let her know next time I speak to her.:D

No its not for everyone.. different folks have different perspectives.. My first CCL was a disaster (more so about the staff than the guests) and I swore I would never go back, but others convinced me to try a different ship and I was quite pleased.. so much I am going back.

Perhaps the TA did not think about the correlation but there really is no other reason.. It's not like a Volkswagen is a Yugo (If $$ was her point) :p

Happy Sailings

T

If you cruise Carnival you must be .......... is the question right? Well my answer is quite simple. I cruise Carnival because it offers me what I'm looking for in a cruise. Honestly I could care less what the perceptions of other people are. I do not judge people based on their choices of cruise lines, cars they drive or homes they live in, jobs they hold etc. On the other hand I don't care what other people perceptions of me are as none of the material things in life matters. You can be the nicest person in the world and cruise on the top lines and people will respect you because of how you treat others. You can be the most arrogant and self centered person and cruise the top of the lines cruises and still not be respected nor liked. I can't tell you which cruise line I'd consider top of the line because I honestly don't care. The one I currently sail on is the one that meets my needs and I'm happy to be able to sail on it. I look forward to meeting many people wethere they be die hard fans of another line or fellow Carnival lovers. The only reason these debates about stereotypes exist is that people keep playing into them. People are going to think what they want and I much prefer to treat people for who they are not what choices they make for vacations.

DH and I were on our first cruise and on Magen's Bay, St. Thomas. It was March and it basically was just us from RCCL's Nordic Empress and a group of about 6 young 60 somethings from a Carnival ship (I believe Destiny). There were having such a good time, singing, etc. and told us they were having a wonderful cruise. Not that we weren't, but that was our first interaction with Carnival. Looked as if they really WERE having more fun! So that is why we cruise Carnival now - we feel the people are more friendly - like say hello in the hallways, strike up conversations in food lines, etc. On RCCL, we just don't experience that.

Archived