Viking River Cruises

GrannyLala

I have read a thread about Amadeus giving out bottled water, does Viking do that? :confused:

Yes, when we toured with Viking to China, we were provided with water daily, (one bottle for each person) in both ship cabins and hotel rooms.

We ordered ice daily to the cabin for our soft drinks, saved the ice water from it (purified so we were told) and used it in the water boiler for tea, coffee etc. the following morning.

Bottled water was available for purchase on the tour busses, two bottles for 1 US dollar.

Enjoy,

Jerry

I recently was on the Viking Sun. Bottles of water were for sale as we exited the boat for an excursion. Bottles also were available for sale in the cabins.

Pink

Why you should by the water, the quality of drinkwater in West Europe have high standard, ships bunker regulary the common drinkwater from the shore and will be controlled frequently.

Why you should by the water, the quality of drinkwater in West Europe have high standard, ships bunker regulary the common drinkwater from the shore and will be controlled frequently.
I've taken Viking cruises to Russia and China, and there's no way I'd drink the local water. Thankfully, Viking provides plenty of water with a large bottle in the cabin per person every day. Also, the bus drivers almost always have a box of bottled water that they sell for $1/bottle. We usually bought 2 a day in China on our full-day excursions.

Viking operates in European and Chinese markets, whereas Amadeus presently does Europe. I've cruised with Viking in China and Amadeus in Eastern and Western Europe.

Tap water in Western Europe whether on your boat or in a town is safe to drink. We also consumed boat tap water while going East on the Danube but stuck with bottled water on the bus trip through Bulgaria and Turkey. In China you should also use bottled water to brush your teeth as well as to drink.

It is always prudent to only drink from bottles that you personally have broken the seal.

WIT

I've been drinking tap water all over western Europe for years and never had any problem.I have many times filled my water bottle from the hotel taps and public drinking fountains. I have not traveled to Russia or China but I have heard that you should use ony bottled water in those locations. The water in WESTERN Europe is safe to drink.

I have read a thread about Amadeus giving out bottled water, does Viking do that? :confused:

Went on Viking China in June this year. A bottle of water per person was put in the cabin each day, any more was available for purchase. Bottles of water were available every day on the bus - free of charge.

We travel to Europe quite often and always drink bottled water but drink tap water in the UK.:) I am sure the water is safe in most of Europe but I personally will not risk it and ruin my holiday!

We were on the Sky the first week of April and not only did they have complimentary water, there was alway juice available in the lobby. A simply wonderful vacation!

We travel to Europe quite often and always drink bottled water but drink tap water in the UK.:) I am sure the water is safe in most of Europe but I personally will not risk it and ruin my holiday!

As another member suggesteid, tap water in Western Europe is safe. Bottled water may or may not be safe (there's an ongoing health debate about leaching of toxic chemicals and metals from plastic bottles), but even if it *is* safe, you might be in for a surprise if you swig a liter of mineral water from a spring that's noted for its laxative effects. :-)

Just returned from a cruise on Viking Seine from Le Havre to Paris. A free bottle of water was in our room upon arrival, new bottles were for sale. Bottled water was for sale at the start of each excursion. Tea, water and coffee was freely available all day from dispensers. By the way, the food was a disaster! Anyone had a similar experience?

Archived