Wyndahm vs. BCH

Cruise Passenger

a rough estimate of the cab fare to the Wyndham from the cruise port?

I sent a link to my DH of those great Nassau pics (forget who posted them but THANKS!) and he has a few questions...

1. for the bars/meals, how do you pay for them? Do you need to have cash/credit card on you at all times (not convenient for the swim up bar!) or do you get a room key or something similar and you can charge to that?

2. Snorkeling from the beach? Those great pics look like there is some coral/grassy areas but some look like they are beyond the swimming line.

3. Ease of getting cab back to port?

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures. Pictures do tell alot of the story.

The bars and meals take credit cards and US cash. You can walk up to the bar also.

I don't know about much snorkeling from the beach. The water was too cold in January when we went.

You can take a jitney or a cab back to port with ease. Plenty of cabs and the jitneys run ever 20 minutes.

Michael

I emailed Wyndham about the daypasses for Cable beach and pools and this is their response...sounds good to us :D

Dear Michele,

Thank you for contacting Wyndam Customer Care. The hotel does offer day passes at a cost of $15 per person which gives you access of the beach and pool. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards

Here is the link to see the properties...

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/NASBS/main.wnt

I emailed Wyndham about the daypasses for Cable beach and pools and this is their response...sounds good to us :D

Dear Michele,

Thank you for contacting Wyndam Customer Care. The hotel does offer day passes at a cost of $15 per person which gives you access of the beach and pool. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards

Here is the link to see the properties...

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/NASBS/main.wnt

Look at the thread up top. They say price is now $40 for day pass and includes lunch. There is not a option for not getting a lunch.

• 4 weeks later...

:) Paradise08,

Thanks for posting the link to your pictures. I think we will purchase the day pass at Wyndam & try to go next door to Sheraton. Your pictures of their pool areas looks great.

The 2 times I have been in Nassau it was very windy, is this the norm for the Bahamas?

Thanks...

Sheraton is $100 ($50pp) for the day and this includes a room, this what they told me when i called, Wyndham is $40pp for the day this includes a meal. I think its a toss-up, i guess it depends on which resort is really better? Please help!!!

Sheraton is $100 ($50pp) for the day and this includes a room, this what they told me when i called, Wyndham is $40pp for the day this includes a meal. I think its a toss-up, i guess it depends on which resort is really better? Please help!!!

Another thread says $90 for the room and children are included.

Anyone contemplating going to the sheraton should make sure they are correct in their assumptions.

I've been hearing that the Sheraton's pass is $90 pp based on double occupancy. (this means $180 per room) which allows children for free.

This is because the pass is for the all inclusive. (food / drink)..

Better check and be sure before you go.

If you just want to wander over and use the beach.. you can use the Wyndham pass.

BTW.. you should always call the property directly.. calling an 800# is not going to get the correct answer.

Anyone contemplating going to the sheraton should make sure they are correct in their assumptions.

I've been hearing that the Sheraton's pass is $90 pp based on double occupancy. (this means $180 per room) which allows children for free.

This is because the pass is for the all inclusive. (food / drink)..

Better check and be sure before you go.

If you just want to wander over and use the beach.. you can use the Wyndham pass.

BTW.. you should always call the property directly.. calling an 800# is not going to get the correct answer.

If on the Sensation that stays all day/night the Sheraton's all-inclusive might be a great deal with a room with private bath. I could drink/eat a lot in a day at the beach... with a bed to take a nap... hmmmm might have to try it next time. That was my problem with Breezes - no room.

TanIslandGirl- We've been in Nassau in the Spring- it was breezy, but not windy. What time of year were you there?

:) Hi, We have been there in February & March. One of the times that we were there it was about 60 degrees but very very windy. Us NY'ers

went ahead on our excursion (stingray swim) while the locals were in winter coats and knit hats. The locals must have thought we were crazy.

I had read that it was very quiet and deserted, and the swimming pool was very warm. I was wondering if this is still the case now that we are in the summer. We are going August 22nd. It is DH's b-day, so I do want some type of nice atmosphere and some fellow beach goers.

I had read that it was very quiet and deserted, and the swimming pool was very warm. I was wondering if this is still the case now that we are in the summer. We are going August 22nd. It is DH's b-day, so I do want some type of nice atmosphere and some fellow beach goers.

I don't think you're gonna get more guests than usually.. There's maybe 30 or so people on the beach and a couple dozen (maybe) at the pool. The pool will be very warm in August.

Like it's been said. it's quiet and serene.. it's a great "read a good book" or take a nap kinda beach. Hammocks on the lawn are relaxing.

You'll find 2 kayaks for use. (you have to stay inside the ropes).

If you need more entertainment... go elsewhere..

Folks that routinely go to this beach like it this way.. noone is looking for whiney kids, bingo or beach games. It's a business hotel.. not a resort.

That sounds ideal to me. Only problem is we'll be there in mid-December and they may have started the dredging by then. Even if they have, the pool sounds nice.

Of course, the pool and food are already paid for on the ship, aren't they?

If the dredging has started, I'll probably finish my walking tour from December and just head back to the ship. I'd rather spend the day at the BCH. Still, our only other stop on this cruise is Half Moon Cay, so that's a beach day already. And two days at sea. It's going to be SO relaxing! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed at the Cryslal Palace 10 years ago and we didnt like ther beach we used the beach next to it it was a larger beach and ther was alot more sand It was behind the Nassau beach Hotel where Jonny Canoe restraunt is.It looked like a bublic beach to us

Archived