Carib. weather-Jan. or Feb?

HAM

THE WIFE and I are trying to decide between a 1.23.09 or a 2.13.09

Constellation cruise to the Caribbean.Does anyone have experience cruising during these times, and if so, is there any great weather difference between

Jan. and Feb. Thanks.

I, too, am sailing in late Jan 09 to the E Caribbean. It is not hurricane season, and the rainy season is over therefore. The weather should be perfect and not as hot as it would be in summer. I lived in St Thomas for 7 years. There's very little fluctuation in temperature year round, just slightly cooler in Nov & Dec with something they call the Christmas winds!

I have two bits of information concerning those two dates. In terms of the temperatures in the Caribbean, sailing on Jan 23rd or Feb 13th, would be hardly noticeable, if at all. However, sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, you might have a cool day in January more often than in February, so in this regard I give Feb 13th one small plus over Jan 23rd. But WAIT! February 13th is during the President's Week school vacations. Generally a 10 day cruise doesn't attract families, so I don't think you would encounter a more crowded Constellation, but the 7-day cruises heading to the Caribbean will make the ports more crowded. So for this reason, I give two small pluses to Jan 23rd. I hope this helps in making your decision.

Steve

THE WIFE and I are trying to decide between a 1.23.09 or a 2.13.09

Constellation cruise to the Caribbean.Does anyone have experience cruising during these times, and if so, is there any great weather difference between

Jan. and Feb. Thanks.

Personally, I like the Feb. 13 date. Kids shouldn't be a problem since it's a 10 day cruise. You will be onboard for Valentine's Day (it's nice to have dinner in the specialty restaurant that night). Plus, it breaks up the winter more than the January date.

We did this same cruise last February on the Constellation and loved it. You're going to have a great time!

Jo-Ann

We have done 2 cruises in the Caribbean in Feb. One left 2/1 and the other 2/7. The one that left 2/7 was considerably cooler in Florida than the other. All depends on how far down the cold is pushing from the north.

As for the actual Caribbean, it is PERFECT! The second day of both cruises was 80 degrees, sunny with smooth waters. In fact, my future SIL was so impressed with the weather, he & DD are postponing their honeymoon until next February so they can take advantage of escaping Chicago's winter. We will probably never take a cruise again in the spring or fall.

All the OP asked about was weather and the kid haters all talk about children!! Nights will be longer in February!:)

I think that's very presumptious of you to say that we're "kid haters" because we mentioned the issue of kids. Yes, the OP was asking about weather, but sometimes people forget about school holidays and how many children may be onboard. I don't see where anybody said they hate children; we were merely pointing out the difference in demographics depending on different dates.

We booked the Solstice for next February 8. We considered doing a B2B the following week, but when we booked (while onboard Constellation this past winter), the Future Cruise Booking reservationist onboard Constellation warned us that the ship was already heavily booked with lots of families. I appreciated her mentioning that because I forgot that it ran into President's Week. We love kids (have four grown kids of our own), but I don't especially want to be on a ship overrun with kids. Did that once before on Carnival during Passover week and it was a nightmare.

Jo-Ann

Archived