Venice airport to City

I know there are a lot of posts on this subject but if I wanted to go boat to San Marco (or alternatively, boat to Piazza Roma -although bus is faster), I am assuming I can get the tickets at the airport dock (not in the airport), is that correct? Might want to take the scenic ride in to San Marco.

I know there are a lot of posts on this subject but if I wanted to go boat to San Marco (or alternatively, boat to Piazza Roma -although bus is faster), I am assuming I can get the tickets at the airport dock (not in the airport), is that correct? Might want to take the scenic ride in to San Marco.

We bought our (Alilaguna) tix to San Marco at a desk in the airport, then walked to the dock to catch the boat.

Lisa

Hi! Don't want to sound repetitive, but I'm new on here and we're taking our first cruise in Europe in August. What is the easiest way to go from the airport in Venice to the Cruise ship? (Celebrity Summit). Do they speak english at the airport? Suppose I should have it all planned out before we land. Our ship leaves the next day, but we can board the ship earlier..

Thanks..

Pat in Minnesota

there are many posts with directions, but you can take either a bus to Piazalle Roma from the airport (20 mins) or waterbus. the waterbus either goes to the port directly (not sure) or Piazalle Roma which is 5 minutes from the port (actually next door). you can also take a taxi which I understand could be 30-50 euro. Here is one thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=764243&highlight=venice+airport

We spent one night post cruise at the Courtyard near the Airport. Took a cab from the port to the hotel. The cab was metered and we paid 30 euro, including a tip. We got off the ship at 9 and were in our room by 10.

Rich

Archived