Dream- toned down?

marinearchit

I have to say, I did laugh at the few Oasis jokes above.;)

But, in all seriousness, I think Oasis and Allure will both be avoiding ports where they can't dock. Which is why Royal is working with different ports to develop new port facilities to accomodate the ships. Basically, they know that tendering on these ships would be a nightmare (well, a bigger nightmare than it already is)

Hey, even if you don't like these bohemoths, now in certain ports there's a better chance that you won't have to tender!:D

LOL, but the bohemoth haters will poo-poo that idea too. I mean after all, it's not like anyone ever stands on a line to get off a carnival ship to visit an island ;)

The lines to get off the oasis will probably be shorter anyway. Take a wrong turn at the second tree in central park and land up by the aqua theater. By the time you figure out the way off the ship, it will be time to get back on :D

So out of 6,000 people you have to figure 1,000 of them will be trying to program their gps-esss ( is that a word???LOL) to find their way off. 1700won't want to get off. 300 will try and zipline off via the dock lines and land up in the hospital.

And that leaves the average amount of passengers on a carnival ship trying to get off the "barge" so it should go pretty smoothly :p

LOL, but the bohemoth haters will poo-poo that idea too. I mean after all, it's not like anyone ever stands on a line to get off a carnival ship to visit an island ;)

The lines to get off the oasis will probably be shorter anyway. Take a wrong turn at the second tree in central park and land up by the aqua theater. By the time you figure out the way off the ship, it will be time to get back on :D

So out of 6,000 people you have to figure 1,000 of them will be trying to program their gps-esss ( is that a word???LOL) to find their way off. 1700won't want to get off. 300 will try and zipline off via the dock lines and land up in the hospital.

And that leaves the average amount of passengers on a carnival ship trying to get off the "barge" so it should go pretty smoothly :p

The only way 6000 will be able to egress in any given port would be to purchase overpriced ship excursions assuring priority disembarkation (The bend over line begins there).

Many will abandon all hope, stay on board, and decide to feed the pigeons in the park, increasing the production of RCCL guano.

Take a wrong turn at the second tree in central park and land up by the aqua theater. By the time you figure out the way off the ship, it will be time to get back on :D

I'd still rather take a wrong turn at a tree on a cruise than take a wrong turn at a tree on land.:D

It's one way to look at it!

For me, I love the looks and "offerings" of both ships. It will depend a lot on the cruise directors which one I love more. If the activities, bands, shows etc suck (as on a couple of ships I have been on) then the cruise will not live up to my expectations. I will be excited to see reviews for both ships and make my decisions from there. Not to mention WHERE the ships go. I would like to go to new places.

One thing I did notice on the dream is that the deluxe oceanview cabins look to be the biggest, and best. I however like balconies. The regular balconies are the same ol, same ol's. So I guess I will be waiting to hear from all of you before I make plans for 2010.

Grand Cayman makes up for it. Maybe Oasis will be able to tender from Haiti ?
Old (Feb 16) news, but....

"After months of negotiations, the Haitian government and the Miami-based cruise line have signed an agreement to build an 800-foot long, $27 million pier that will allow cruise passengers easier access to the secluded beach."

Full story: http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1105674/

It's amazing how these discussions can get so territorial. I love the gaudy decor of Carnival but then I do shop at Wal-Mart and we all know that Carnival attracts the people that like "cheap".

Personally, I don't care for the "Oasis" because I want to know I am on a cruise and not out shopping. Shopping is what you do in port. Cruise ships are for lounging near the pool or reading on the balcony. And if you read late enough at night you get sprayed from the guys cleaning the upper decks. Lot's of fun. And the ice-rink is not something I would look for in a cruise line. But, that's me and everyone marches to a different drummer.

Linda

I'll march with you. :)

The only way 6000 will be able to egress in any given port would be to purchase overpriced ship excursions assuring priority disembarkation (The bend over line begins there).

Many will abandon all hope, stay on board, and decide to feed the pigeons in the park, increasing the production of RCCL guano.

You should lighten up. It's a ship. Nobody is forcing you to sail on it.

Your berating is sounding like sour grapes....as in like a kid who just got a purple ball but the other kid in the park got a bigger better yellow ball and your mommy won't buy you one of those.

Variety is the spice of life.

You should lighten up. It's a ship. Nobody is forcing you to sail on it.

Your berating is sounding like sour grapes....as in like a kid who just got a purple ball but the other kid in the park got a bigger better yellow ball and your mommy won't buy you one of those.

Variety is the spice of life.

It's not a Carnival ship and this is the Carnival board. The RCCL sandbox is next door.

• 7 months later...

I choose the Carnival Dream as opposed to Oasis of the Seas :

1. I have been on a Fantasy class to Conquest class and I feel like I was treated like a queen regardless of the class. (I like the personal attention and I just like the familiarity of a proven wonderful experience.)

2. In my opinion the Carnival food was the delicious and presented with many options with out having to pay lots of extra's.

3. After much price comparison, affordability won me over. I still have 2 kids that I have to take with me. (They think that I own a money tree)

4. I will sail on the Oasis after the price goes down or the kids move out. Which ever comes first. You can't beat the Carnival price !!!!!!

Archived