Carnival Freedom: What to Do, Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

SayingIDo

Getting married on 1/17/09 aboard the Freedom. We are looking into excursions. Any suggestions? Were hitting Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Panama. Also, staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale the night previous and would love suggestions on hotel arrangements:) Thanks in advance!

Getting married on 1/17/09 aboard the Freedom. We are looking into excursions. Any suggestions? Were hitting Cozumel, Costa Rica, and Panama. Also, staying overnight in Ft. Lauderdale the night previous and would love suggestions on hotel arrangements:) Thanks in advance!

Congrats...make sure you attend the Newly Wed Not So Newly Wed game in the main theater on your cruise. They always select the "most recently wed" folks for the game. Those married on the ship are usually the "most recent"!

We are doing this same route in Nov.

Cozumel is easily done on your own to avoid the more expensive ship excursions. (unless you want to see the ruins which means you must leave the island...I would only do a ship tour on that one) Cozumel is very tourist friendly and easy to get around. There are more taxis than sand. There is almost to much to mention. It depends on what you want to do.

If you want usually an all-inclusive adult only beach for relaxation, I would recommend Nachi. It is $49.00 a person.

If you are like me and can't eat/drink that much and you like water toys....Paradise Beach is a fun place. It is a free beach resort and no entrance fees and no charges for lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, clean restrooms, changing rooms and even Internet at the bar. You purchase a $10 wristband IF you want to partake in all the water and land toys. This is optional. The boys always do...we don't. (snorkeling, kayaks, etc)

If you want to snorkel, there is Chank. Park. There is a $16 entrance fee, but it has the best "beach snorkeling". Chank Park is also where they swim with the Dolphins. Depending on how many ships are in port, you may want to go through the ship to do this only to insure you get a spot.

Of course, there is always the ever popular CarlosNCharlies or Margaritaville!

All the beach resorts are $12-15 one way for a taxi of 4 folks.

We have not been to Costa or Panana before.

Embassy Suites is nice with cocktail and breakfast the next moring. Also lots of restaurants around. The water taxi is fun. Go to the Eastern Departure Board and click on Florida Dep. All kinds of hotels to look at. Also to to each port and click on there. People let you know where they go and where not to go. Congrats on your honeymoon!;)

First, congrats on your upcoming wedding. We have been fortunate to have been on the Freedom 2x, though not on the itinerary you are on. (we did your itinerary on Liberty) We have been to Coz (loved Paradise Beach) Panama (did the rainforest ariel tram - don't waste your money- we did hear the locks thru Carnival were great) and Costa Rica (did white water rafting thru Carnival - had a blast - one of the best excursions so far) Enjoy the Freedom - she is a great ship! Embassy Suites on 17th St. is a great hotel for the $.

Well ask us in our roll call. DW & I are staying at the Days Inn Cruise port/Airport the night before. It's not on the beach but It's 1/2 the price of the hotel we stayed in, in '07, $90.00(ish) a night. + airport to hotel shuttle and to port.

If you want usually an all-inclusive adult only beach for relaxation, I would recommend Nachi. It is $49.00 a person.

I will second the recommendation for Nachi Cocum.....

Great romantic beach.

My Wife and I have no kids and were looking for a beach that was quiet, yet beautiful.

The day we went to Nachi Cocum, it was the two of us and another group of 3 from our ship.

That was it.

We had half of a couple hundred yard beach to ourselves and the other group took the far half.

The pool was huge and we had it to ourselves all day.(and the hotub)

The food they served was great and everytime we turned around our waiter was bringing us fresh drinks to our palapas on the beach.

For $49 per person it was a steal.

Everytime we stop in Cozumel, I know we will probably be stopping at Nachi.

Bill

Archived