guaranteed category cabin assignment-when?

tinaqiu

We booked out guarentee in early May for the Tahitian - July 24th sailing. We got our cabin assignment last weekend - about 1 month before sailing.

Paul, lucky you. I am sailing in 13 days but still waiting and praying....

If you don't receive your cabin assignment until checkin inside the terminal, how do you give your luggage to the porters outside the terminal??? You won't be ale to write your cabin number on the luggage slips until you actually check in.

If you haven't received a cabin assignment by July 1, you won't be able to check on My Princess. You could always call your TA and have them check but chances are that you'll be assigned a cabin at the pier. This is not something to worry about; when you hand over your luggage, explain that you dont' have a cabin assignment and the porter will look up your assignment and fill out a tag. You are guaranteed a cabin so there will be one for you.

lol guess they will be assigning mine at the pier. We sail Jun 30th and now when I check my Princess Personalizer if directs me to print my boarding pass..lol..since we leave for Vancouver Sat looks like I will be suprised at the port. This is my first time ever doing a guarantee...but I am sure it will be fantastic

Mel

C225 on the Caribe deck of Star Princess. Not sure if it is an upgrade or not...but I am happy that I have a cabin now.
C225 is a Cat. J cabin, so assuming you booked a Cat. M GTY, that is three grades higher (within category) than what you paid for. Some folks consider any higher room an upgrade, purists prefer to limit upgrades to category changes ( inside->outside, for example). Whichever you prefer, I am sure you will enjoy it...your cabin should be very quiet as it is surrounded by other cabins and no public spaces. Enjoy!

lol guess they will be assigning mine at the pier. We sail Jun 30th and now when I check my Princess Personalizer if directs me to print my boarding pass..lol..since we leave for Vancouver Sat looks like I will be suprised at the port. This is my first time ever doing a guarantee...but I am sure it will be fantastic

Mel

Good luck, Mel. Happy sailing~

C225 is a Cat. J cabin, so assuming you booked a Cat. M GTY, that is three grades higher (within category) than what you paid for. Some folks consider any higher room an upgrade, purists prefer to limit upgrades to category changes ( inside->outside, for example). Whichever you prefer, I am sure you will enjoy it...your cabin should be very quiet as it is surrounded by other cabins and no public spaces. Enjoy!

Many thanks! I am very happy to get a quiet room.

Good luck, Mel. Happy sailing~

thanks the cabin as assigned today and we got B410, on the Baja deck of the Island Princess. We are very excited!!

Bon Voyage to you also,you will be leaving just as I return

Mel

Archived