March Break dilemma

Folks:

I've tentatively booked a cruise on Independance for the March Break. But I'm concerned about a few things, particularly since the one other cruise we took was in early May at a time when the ship was filled with a primarily older clientele and fewer than 200 kids under 18. If you've been on a March Break cruise before (especially if you brought kids), could you please help ...

1. I understand there will be a lot of kids. No problem there since I'm bringing a couple of my own. Question is, how insane are certain parts of the ship because of the numbers? Which areas are busy all the time?

2. I assume with that many kids, everyone wants the early seating. Did you hear of many people griping because they got bounced to second?

3. My son is an avid athlete who enjoyed spending a lot of time on the mini-putt course and basketball court. Is it your experience that there will be huge lineups there all the time?

I just don't know whether to go for it or change it to another week ... except that would mean pulling them out of school again.

Your help is appreciated.

We always sail during spring (which is a "spring break" somewhere!!!) and have never been unduly bothered by the kids. RCI does a great job of keeping them entertained and oout of your hair! The pool area will have more kids than usual, but if you go up a deck to sun, they won't bother you!

Archived