Carnival Glory Miami sailing depart on Sundays

DGP1111

OK, this was a surprise to me, but it's what was posted on the CCL web site earlier tonight. Those who wish to stay with Glory will not only have a change of departure port, but date as well. . . not to mention also an itinerary change. Yowza!

Strike that. I was wrong.

Seems you don't have the ability to keep your own cabin and move to the Miami port departure. Those cabins that were already booked (i.e. the one I had) are now re-opened for selling brand new.

Looks like if you were previously booked, they've either moved us to Carnival Dream, or it's just been cancelled outright.

Ooooooo, this is gonna be interesting to watch. :p

Yes, but I just looked at those new Glory itineraries and they look pretty darn good. I especially like the almost full day in San Juan on the Eastern itinerary. All I've seen before in San Juan is a few hours at night unless you embark there.

Seems you don't have the ability to keep your own cabin and move to the Miami port departure. Those cabins that were already booked (i.e. the one I had) are now re-opened for selling brand new.

Looks like if you were previously booked, they've either moved us to Carnival Dream, or it's just been cancelled outright.

I hope you are right about the transfer. I haven't heard anything from CCL yet. My PVP is on vacation until 6/30

Carnival Glory Miami sailing depart on Sundays

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, this was a surprise to me, but it's what was posted on the CCL web site earlier tonight. Those who wish to stay with Glory will not only have a change of departure port, but date as well. . . not to mention also an itinerary change. Yowza!

http://carnival-news.com/2008/06/23/design-itinerary-details-unveiled-for-new-130000-ton-carnival-dream-largest-fun-ship-ever-constructed/

From New York, Carnival Dream will operate two eight-day Bahamas/Florida cruises departing Nov. 15 and 23, 2009. These voyages include a call at Port Canaveral (in proximity to Orlando-area attractions), followed by a visit to Nassau and Freeport in The Bahamas.

Year-Round Cruising From Port Canaveral

Following its New York departures, Carnival Dream will reposition to Port Canaveral, Fla., where it will launch year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises Dec. 5, 2009. On its new Port Canaveral-based program, Carnival Dream will depart every Saturday on alternating weeklong cruises to the Eastern and Western Caribbean. Eastern Caribbean cruises will call at Nassau; St. Thomas/St. John, U.S.V.I.; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles; while exotic Western Caribbean voyages will visit Cozumel; Belize; Costa Maya; and Nassau. Carnival Dream will assume this route from the Carnival Glory, which will be redeployed to Miami to operate year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises beginning October 3, 2009.

Oct 3rd 2009 is a Saturday, so the 1st sailing must be an 8 day, followed by 7 day trips

I think the whole thing stinks...I was booked on the Glory for the 10/17/09 cruise and had cabin 2465 as a 1a since I had booked it months and months ago. I thought that they would allow one to just transfer to the new port and date and keep the same cabin, but NOOOOOOOO, now that same cabin is a 6b......doesn't seem fair....also, I assume the fuel surcharge which was 7/day, when I booked would be the new 9/day...Looks like I'm losing all around..any thoughts????

It looks like Glory has taken over Valor's western It. Is Valor still doing it? (I am at a work computer, and it won't let me access the info) We booked the Legend in 2009 for that itinerary, but I think I would rather sail from Miami (warmer than Tampa) on Glory, if it is sailing the western route the week of 12/27/09.

I agree it totally stinks! We were told we would get a $50 OBC for the entire cabin (3 people), we can keep the $7 per day fuel supplement but we have to find a new cruise and pay whatever price it has. We had an awesome military price on a balcony cabin on Nov 21 and now we are going to have to pay about $400 more to go in August because the new dates out of Miami don't work with our schedule. :mad:

I agree it totally stinks! We were told we would get a $50 OBC for the entire cabin (3 people), we can keep the $7 per day fuel supplement but we have to find a new cruise and pay whatever price it has. We had an awesome military price on a balcony cabin on Nov 21 and now we are going to have to pay about $400 more to go in August because the new dates out of Miami don't work with our schedule. :mad:

Will they let you switch to a different ship? Then maybe you could go the week you had intended.

Don, I think you're right; go pop some corn and stay tuned. There will be lots of questions and I'm betting that you'll be a great source of information for lots of people.

Cheers!

Mary Lou

Will they let you switch to a different ship? Then maybe you could go the week you had intended.

Yes we can switch to a different ship, but which one? The dates for the Miracle and the Glory in Miami cut it too close for my DH to be back to school to teach after our thanksgiving/fall break. I don't want to drive all the way to Miami anyway! LOL

The RCI and Disney cruises that week are MUCH more expensive, heck their inside cabins are more expensive than our balcony was! Unless they bring a ship to New Orleans before this time period we will just have to go in August and pay the extra.

Archived