S Suites

RosieR

Hi everyone

Thinking about returning to Hal in a S suite again. I last cruised on one this past Nov.03. I have been searching the boards and find that a lot of perks have been dropped. I really enjoyed the chilled champage, fresh flowers lunch with the Captain and the esp. the free laundry. Are these still in effect?

Please someone tell me how it has changed. Looking forward to returning. Thanks Rose

All amenities you last experienced are still in place. The Lunch with the Captain and Hotel Manager is now a brunch but still exists. Champagne is still chilled in our cabin when we board and dry cleaning and laundry are still included in the fare of an "S" or "PS" cabin. There are now Neptune Lounges on all the ships except Zaandam.....she gets hers in January.

Thank you all for your quick answers. Each cruise I swear I am going to pack light but it never seems to happen. If I book the s suite maybe this time my suitcases will be lighter. Thanks again. Rose

Thank you all for your quick answers. Each cruise I swear I am going to pack light but it never seems to happen. If I book the s suite maybe this time my suitcases will be lighter. Thanks again. Rose

With all that wardrobe space - Who needs to pack light in an S???

Bring on the steamer trunks!

;)

I understand breakfast and lunch in the Pinnacle is no longer offered :mad:

I'm going, anyway, in 22 days!

What is funny is that when we are in an S Suite we take less clothing (free laundry) and the closets are alot bigger!

It is true that once you sail in a suite you never want to go back to a regular cabin!

DaveOKC

I hear ya - after the first cruise in an SS, this past one in a D outside just wasn't nearly as fabulous (at least we were on Deck 7, and I wasn't paying!)

Definately looking forward to my aft-corner S next year - now if I can only find a roommate...

Just returned from a 15 day Hawaii on the Statendam in an S suite. They no longer serve breakfast or lunch for suite guests in the Pinnacle (Pinnacle now does a gourmet lunch menu for $10 and several special menus. It was excellent and I had lunch there several times). The only sit down service for S suite guests is in the main dinning room. I was lucky, one of the Pinnacle waiters I had last year was working in the dinning room (on the Statendam the Pinnacle staff in now Hungarian). The Maitre'D made arrangements so that he was able to serve me each morning and lunch so it was almost as good as last year.

On the longer cruises they still do a captin's dinner (ellegant affair in the Half Moon room) and a sit down lunch in the Rotterdam as well as a suite reception in the Neptune.

Rosie.....Yes, you may.

We found something new in the "S" on Zuiderdam that we have never seen/heard of before and if we haven't had it in an "S", it has to be new. We've been in that cabin well over a year of our lives.

When they delivered the dinner menu each morning, they always included the dessert menu AND they sent along the lunch menu of what would be served in the dining room. I thought that was great in the event you wished to go only on days they had a favorite you always enjoy but did not wish to go to the dining room every lunchtime.

Archived