Problems with Next Cruise-wonderful customer service

abhb

Last night I tried to book my cruise directly through RCCL using my Next Cruise certificates. I was told that I was not allowed to book directly with them because on the cruise that I has purchased them on, I had used a TA:confused: . The loyalty person listed that travel agency with my NC reservations. She never told us that she was going to do this. If hse had told me I would have told her no.

I told the woman and she e-mail 4 or 5 different people to find out what to do. After about 25 minutes speaking with this agent (she was very nice) she told me that I need to talk to customer service in the morning because they were closed.

I called them earlier today and explained that I didn't want to use the TA (they weren't very good) I wanted to book directly with RCCL. It took almost another hour to figre out what to do. I had to speak with someone in the resolution department. She made several phone calls while I was on hold. She finally told me that I had to fax them a Transfer to Travel Agent form only backwards. I had to change the wording to read "from" a TA instead of "to" a TA on put "open" for reservation number.

I told her that I was afraid that I would lose the cabins I wanted since I was booking 3 cabins for my family. She said that she wasn't supposed to but she blacked out the cabins so no one could reserve them until this finally gets resolved in about 48 hours. I need to call her back directly on Friday. She gave me her direct line.

The reason I am posting this is that many people complain about customer service. I think this was exceptional service above and beyond.

The second reason is to let you know that if you don't want a TA attached to your, if you used one, let them know before they charge your seapass.

The exact thing happened to me on our last TA. When we got home I went to book the Canal only to find out it had been assigned to the travel agent that sold me the cruise I was on when I purchased it and I was not happy with that agent as she did nothing special for me. (no obc or welcome gift as so many past agents have done).What started out to be a pain ended up ok due to the fact the loyalty ambassader made a mistake and put in an agents number who neither booked my last trip or I have ever heard of somewhere in North Carolina. RCCL was able to switch it back to me after several calls to the resolution dept. I had already got my bump cabin on the Canal and was afraid to lose it but we made the switch and everything worded out.They explained to me there system was so out of date that once they released the cabin if someone else had my bump cabin on backup I would lose it and they won't know until I canceled and rebooked.It was like playing russian roulette and they really should fix this glitch in the system. Good luck in keeping your first choice

Just a note on another mix up with the NC system.

While on the JOS last summer in the Baltics, I booked a NC. When I went to my TA to book the Jewel Repo for Oct 09, RCI had no record of my NC still being available. Turns out it was marked as cancelled(?).

The good news is RCI honored the $200 OBC we would have received, so I was very happy as one would expect.

Dennis

Last night I tried to book my cruise directly through RCCL using my Next Cruise certificates. I was told that I was not allowed to book directly with them because on the cruise that I has purchased them on, I had used a TA:confused: . The loyalty person listed that travel agency with my NC reservations. She never told us that she was going to do this. If hse had told me I would have told her no.

I told the woman and she e-mail 4 or 5 different people to find out what to do. After about 25 minutes speaking with this agent (she was very nice) she told me that I need to talk to customer service in the morning because they were closed.

I called them earlier today and explained that I didn't want to use the TA (they weren't very good) I wanted to book directly with RCCL. It took almost another hour to figre out what to do. I had to speak with someone in the resolution department. She made several phone calls while I was on hold. She finally told me that I had to fax them a Transfer to Travel Agent form only backwards. I had to change the wording to read "from" a TA instead of "to" a TA on put "open" for reservation number.

I told her that I was afraid that I would lose the cabins I wanted since I was booking 3 cabins for my family. She said that she wasn't supposed to but she blacked out the cabins so no one could reserve them until this finally gets resolved in about 48 hours. I need to call her back directly on Friday. She gave me her direct line.

The reason I am posting this is that many people complain about customer service. I think this was exceptional service above and beyond.

The second reason is to let you know that if you don't want a TA attached to your, if you used one, let them know before they charge your seapass.

This exact thing happened to us on Wednesday night...it is still hanging in the balance. The customer service was horrible. They were rude, refused to allow us to removed the TA and now we are waiting for the TA that we will not be using again to fax that form into Royal so we can book the dang cruise.

They kept us on hold Wednesday 1 1/2 hours and transfered us to 5 (YES 5) different PVPs, supervisors and customer reps. We were then told to call back in the morning (Thursday morning) to speak to someone else.

Still won't take our deposit for the cruise we want because the Next Cruise certificate still has the TA's name on it from the last cruise. Now, come on guys, why would you expect a TA that you are not using (and who will get no commission for this booking) to be so kind as to fax something into Royal telling them to remove their name from that certificate???

Believe me, this is not good customer service. We are not happy campers at all right now.....think I will stick with Carnival/Princess/HAL ---anyone else and tell them to give me my $200 paid for the Next Cruise back!!!

Did you all check your confirmation letter or booking recap that you received on board after making your NextCruise booking?

On that sheet it should show "CONTACT" and the name of either your TA that you used for the cruise you are on........or just RCI.

Always do NextCruise bookings early on in your cruise and always check the confirmation letter that is delivered to your cabin. It's much easier to get problems resolved while onboard and saves you the time and frustration of having to fill out the Transfer Form once you get home.

Did you all check your confirmation letter or booking recap that you received on board after making your NextCruise booking?

On that sheet it should show "CONTACT" and the name of either your TA that you used for the cruise you are on........or just RCI.

Always do NextCruise bookings early on in your cruise and always check the confirmation letter that is delivered to your cabin. It's much easier to get problems resolved while onboard and saves you the time and frustration of having to fill out the Transfer Form once you get home.

We never noticed that the TA was listed on the Next Cruise paperwork. This was the 1st one we had done. Live, Learn, get smart.....next time we will know to check that area!

Well, I want to know what happened when the OP called back today. I would be very surprised if RCI changed to an open booking just on the customer's request because the agency is supposed to have to agree to it. Once their name is on the booking, they "own" it and the passenger basically has no relationship with RCI. I think all the lines operate that way, and I think it's ridiculous.

Perhaps because it's a NextCruise they make an exception. Let's hope so!

My NextCruise booking information that I received via e-mail (in a PDF attachment) after my last cruise includes this relevant information:

7. To apply your NextCruise account balance against a specific ship and sailing date contact a certified vacation planner at 1-877-476-2592.

The OP should check their NextCruise sheet to see if it has this same clause.

Still haven't been able to book. I have spent 3 hours over speaking with different reps because each one has different answers and most don't know what they are talking about. The person that was so helpful hasn't been in since Thursday. I called today and asked to speak directly with her (as she had told me to do) it took almost an hour before someone one connect me:( . Everyone wanted to try to help. After I explained the story for the umpteenth time, I would get run around and put on hold. One time they connected me to Celebrity:eek: .

Finally got in touch with the original person who appologized for not being there Friday (she had an emergency) She told me to re-fax my info (Transfer from TA) directly to her and she would take care of it. She called me after she got it and told me she would hand walk it over to the person to transfer it.

What I don't understand is why it is so difficult to speak to a specific person even when they tell you to ask for them directly.

I was so agravated I broke down and started to cry while speaking with one rep who wouldn't connect me. I said "I have never had such a difficult time trying to give my money away." Her reply was she was following the rules.

Hopefully I will be able to book tomorrow. I have been trying for over a week to book before the fuel supplement went up today since I am paying for 6 people in 3 cabins. No such luck:o

Still haven't been able to book. I have spent 3 hours over speaking with different reps because each one has different answers and most don't know what they are talking about. The person that was so helpful hasn't been in since Thursday. I called today and asked to speak directly with her (as she had told me to do) it took almost an hour before someone one connect me:( . Everyone wanted to try to help. After I explained the story for the umpteenth time, I would get run around and put on hold. One time they connected me to Celebrity:eek: .

Finally got in touch with the original person who appologized for not being there Friday (she had an emergency) She told me to re-fax my info (Transfer from TA) directly to her and she would take care of it. She called me after she got it and told me she would hand walk it over to the person to transfer it.

What I don't understand is why it is so difficult to speak to a specific person even when they tell you to ask for them directly.

I was so agravated I broke down and started to cry while speaking with one rep who wouldn't connect me. I said "I have never had such a difficult time trying to give my money away." Her reply was she was following the rules.

Hopefully I will be able to book tomorrow. I have been trying for over a week to book before the fuel supplement went up today since I am paying for 6 people in 3 cabins. No such luck:o

Glad to hear that things may be finally getting straightened out for you.

Archived