Can not get the Canon S5 IS Camera

I have ordered at least 4 or 5 times online to try and get the Canon S5 IS camera but so far with NO success. I wanted to order online since I can get the BEST price. I really do not want to pay over $300 for the camera, I even tried our local Walmart and Target (really if they did have it, was high) with NO success. Too high at Best Buy and Circuit City. I do not want to pay $300-350 for that camera, if I was going to fork that much out I rather go ahead and add some more and get an DSLR camera. I have found I can get one with one standard lense and the camera for around $509 online.

For all of the photographers at that that knows a lot about cameras. Since so far I had NO luck with Canon S5, how about the Panasonic DMC-FZ18K? I do not know nothing about Panasonic cameras but I would love to stick with Canon but not really have too.

So, what camera would be the same as far as quality and features as the Canon S5 IS camera???

Any Help is appreciated:D

David

I have ordered at least 4 or 5 times online to try and get the Canon S5 IS camera but so far with NO success. I wanted to order online since I can get the BEST price. I really do not want to pay over $300 for the camera, I even tried our local Walmart and Target (really if they did have it, was high) with NO success. Too high at Best Buy and Circuit City. I do not want to pay $300-350 for that camera, if I was going to fork that much out I rather go ahead and add some more and get an DSLR camera. I have found I can get one with one standard lense and the camera for around $509 online.

For all of the photographers at that that knows a lot about cameras. Since so far I had NO luck with Canon S5, how about the Panasonic DMC-FZ18K? I do not know nothing about Panasonic cameras but I would love to stick with Canon but not really have too.

So, what camera would be the same as far as quality and features as the Canon S5 IS camera???

Any Help is appreciated:D

David

Did you consider the now discontinued S3. I saw this at Bestbuy and office depot or was it office max for really really cheap just a little while ago. If I didn't already have a capable DSLR and telephoto combo I would have bought this and been done and saved lots of money too!

The changes were very small between the two 6 to 8 meg, 800 to 1600 ISO and some other small bell and whistle upgrades.

In stock at Amazon for $299:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000Q3043Y/interactiveda666-20

Most places selling it for significantly cheaper are like Photo Dynasty and are rip-off artists. They will take your order, but never intend to ship it unless they can load you up with $200 worth of worthless accessories or a $70 1GB SD card.

Dave

I haven't checked, but Ritz Camera on-line is great. No tax and no shipping...might help with the overall price...:confused:

Ritz is a great company, but he will have to pay tax since they do business locally here in NC, we have their stores!:)

MAC

Archived