Can a solo cruiser book a suite?

Sundagger

I've heard that Carnival has changed since I cruised them back in 2000. Am thinking about trying them again, somewhat due to the former-military discount available.

I've read on CC (but couldn't find any current threads) that a couple can't book a cabin that is set up for 3 or 4 people. Or that they might get moved out of it if a larger group wants a cabin that size.:(

I like to spread out, so I'd probably be looking at a Cat. 8, 9, or 11. Can I book one of these as a solo cruiser? Without taking a chance on having my cabin assignment changed?

I've heard that Carnival has changed since I cruised them back in 2000. Am thinking about trying them again, somewhat due to the former-military discount available.

I've read on CC (but couldn't find any current threads) that a couple can't book a cabin that is set up for 3 or 4 people. Or that they might get moved out of it if a larger group wants a cabin that size.:(

I like to spread out, so I'd probably be looking at a Cat. 8, 9, or 11. Can I book one of these as a solo cruiser? Without taking a chance on having my cabin assignment changed?

I had a Cat 12 on the Inspiration in April and I was solo... so... I guess the answer is yes!

:)

Hey, if you can AFFORD it, go for it!:D

A solo passenger in one of those cabins would be charged exactly TWICE the amount. 200% of the normal rate.

Solo's pay 150% for 1A cabins.

Solo's pay 200% for anything above 1A.

Hi! I sail solo often and glad to help!!

Yes you can book a suite,even the penthouse!! But be prepared to pay! You can expect to pay 200% for a suite!! What I don't like is if there are specials on suites, the discounts won't apply to solo cruisers!!

May I suggest that you check out the solo cruiser board on this website. They have a thread where solo cruisers post about great rates!

Happy sailing!

There are some 1As with port holes that you are charged 150% instead of 200% like you will pay if you book a suite and they have a lot of space on Conquest class, 220 s.f. and some a little less.

Our friend has 2216 which is right next to a 5A, so you know its about the same size.

i.e. yes you can book a suite, but you will be paying for two people.

I've had a Cat 11 and 12 on Fascination several times....solo....no problemo.... but expensive. I've also had Veranda suites on this ship solo with no problem. Last time was in February this year.

I believe that they wouldn't move you from your current cabin unless the ship is filling up and they might need it. As an example, if you are in a handicapped cabin (and you have no disabilities), and a family with a wheelchair calls to reserve. If there are no open handicapped cabins, they may call to ask if they can move you to another cabin. It is usually an upgrade when this happens.

I'd think the same might apply if you are in a cabin that holds 4 - and the ship is almost full - they might ask you to move......

They wouldn't move you unless they had no other choice, for sure. At least on Carnival and RCCL.. I don't know about the other mass-market lines.

My own experience is that I have cruised solo for the last 24 years...and have never been moved except for a nice upgrade......

Archived