CB July 1,2008 Itinerary change ?

dance4fun

Just downloaded my documents and the trip changed.

ITINERARY FOR THIS BOOKING

Jul 01

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

04:00PM

CHECK IN FM 1:00PM-3:00PM

ARRIVE AFTER 2:00PM

FOR A FASTER CHECK IN

Jul 02

AT SEA

Jul 03

AT SEA

Jul 04

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

11:00PM

Jul 05

ST. THOMAS, U.S.V.I.

07:00AM

10:00PM

Jul 06

TORTOLA, B.V.I.

01:00PM

Jul 07

GRAND TURK, CAICOS ISLANDS

06:00PM

Jul 08

AT SEA

Jul 09

AT SEA

Jul 10

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

07:15AM

DATE

DESTINATION

ARRIVE

DEPART

COMMENTS

Tortola is now on the list instead of St Maarten

Anyone else seeing this?

I just called Princess and they said that for "Operational Reasons" the itinerary has indeed changed. That's all they could say at this time. We're now in ports much later ... 11pm instead of 7pm in San Juan and 10pm instead of 4pm in St. Thomas. It's now Tortola instead of St. Martin. I've been to St. Martin many times but never Tortola. Any recommendations????

Just downloaded my documents and the trip changed.

ITINERARY FOR THIS BOOKING

Jul 01

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

CHECK IN FM 1:00PM-3:00PM

ARRIVE AFTER 2:00PM

FOR A FASTER CHECK IN

Jul 02

AT SEA

Jul 03

AT SEA

Jul 04

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

11:00PM

Jul 05

ST. THOMAS, U.S.V.I.

10:00PM

Jul 06

TORTOLA, B.V.I.

Jul 07

GRAND TURK, CAICOS ISLANDS

06:00PM

Jul 08

AT SEA

Jul 09

AT SEA

Jul 10

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

07:15AM

DATE

DESTINATION

ARRIVE

DEPART

COMMENTS

Tortola is now on the list instead of St Maarten

Anyone else seeing this?

Please translate. :eek:

It's now Tortola instead of St. Martin. I've been to St. Martin many times but never Tortola. Any recommendations????

I don't know if you prefer land based excursions or like to get wet but when we were in Tortola, we jumped on a ferry and took a ride over to Virgin Gorda and went to the Baths. We had a blast over there exploring the caves and then spending the day on the beach and snorkeling. The beach on the other side of the boulder formations is just beautiful and the water is perfect. - SF

Baths.jpg.1c8541ec96a96d934e5212dff79d8a77.jpg

Baths2.jpg.5661b8a13a16ffb50ec677fbda3194c1.jpg

Baths3.jpg.d0c1dcd3b173b95233a88cec72f82e95.jpg

I just called Princess and they said that for "Operational Reasons" the itinerary has indeed changed. That's all they could say at this time. We're now in ports much later ... 11pm instead of 7pm in San Juan and 10pm instead of 4pm in St. Thomas. It's now Tortola instead of St. Martin. I've been to St. Martin many times but never Tortola. Any recommendations????

That sounds like a great change in your favor!! I would trade st. martin for tortola and longer time in ports any day!

That sounds like a great change in your favor!! I would trade st. martin for tortola and longer time in ports any day!

I agree! I just hadn't seen this happen except when ships are trying to avoid storms etc. It's a bit early to be predicting the weather. So, it's obviously for some other reason.

Please translate. :eek:

most of what you see are html tags. important item is that st maarten is replaced by tortola and times changed for ports for july 1 sailing

both excursions we had planned are now not possible. who wants to go to rain forrest after dark? other port cancelled

most of what you see are html tags. important item is that st maarten is replaced by tortola and times changed for ports for july 1 sailing

both excursions we had planned are now not possible. who wants to go to rain forrest after dark? other port cancelled

Thanks.

A dark rainforest would be tricky. :eek:

Also, the order of ports has changed. We're now in St Thomas a day earlier than what was on the original itinerary. I'm pretty sure that's going to mess up the day-sail we've got chartered. I can't imagine he'll be available a day earlier at this late date. I've sent him and email ... now I wait for the answer.

I chose this cruise because of St. Martin. :( I'm not happy that we're not going there. But DH will be. He loved Tortola. I feel that when you have to leave by 1PM, there's not enough time.

I must say that the beach we went to was beautiful, the water was beautiful. A lounge chair under a palm tree and a drink in my hand, :rolleyes: I would be happy to go there again, just not on this trip.

I chose this cruise because of St. Martin. :( I'm not happy that we're not going there. But DH will be. He loved Tortola. I feel that when you have to leave by 1PM, there's not enough time.

I must say that the beach we went to was beautiful, the water was beautiful. A lounge chair under a palm tree and a drink in my hand, :rolleyes: I would be happy to go there again, just not on this trip.

Lynn, I too, chose this cruise to do St Maarten. But have never been to Tortola. What beach did you do there?

I second that! Tortola is beautiful. Cane Garden Bay Beach is the best beach on the island...if you can stomach the ride there.:eek:

Congrats on the itinerary change!

Lynn, I too, chose this cruise to do St Maarten. But have never been to Tortola. What beach did you do there?

We did an excursion through Carnival. It was to a beach at a hotel with a buffet lunch. It was really nice. I don't remember the name right now, but I'll look it up tomorrow and if I find it I'll post it. I think I read that it was closed for renovations. Lots of people on that cruise went to Cane Garden Bay/Beach? and remarked how beautiful it was.

Tortola is a beautiful island and the Baths are wonderful! Unfortunately we've been there twice and never to St Maarten and we specifically chose this cruise because this and Grand Turk would be new ports for us. I'm quite disappointed with this change in itinerary. Too bad we've already paid in full, otherwise we probably would cancel.

Tortola is a beautiful island and the Baths are wonderful! Unfortunately we've been there twice and never to St Maarten and we specifically chose this cruise because this and Grand Turk would be new ports for us. I'm quite disappointed with this change in itinerary. Too bad we've already paid in full, otherwise we probably would cancel.

Waiting to get an email from Princess with an explanation. Hope the reason is not just that they will save about 200 miles of travel and thus, the fuel expenses. Oil did spike yesterday. But the have already hit us with a fuel surcharge.

If anyone gets an email from Princes or their TA, please let us know what it says.

Not sure if there is enough time for a Bath excursion. We only have 5 hours in Tortola if you leave 30 minutes on each end to be safe. Looks like beach might be only option. Also did they change the hours of Grand Turk?

Alan

So how do you remove some excursion you booked for 1pm when the boat wont arrive in san juan till 4pm? I dont see any remove options in the personalizer! Also I dont see an excursions options for Tortola, so how would you book anything for it? I dont see a change for St thomas though.

Thanks

Jul 28 2008 NEW YORK, NEW YORK 04:00PM

Jul 29 2008 AT SEA

Jul 30 2008 AT SEA

Jul 31 2008 SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 04:00PM 11:00PM

Aug 01 2008 ST. THOMAS, U.S.V.I. 07:00AM 10:00PM

Aug 02 2008 TORTOLA, B.V.I. 07:00AM 01:00PM

Aug 03 2008 GRAND TURK, CAICOS ISLANDS 01:00PM 06:00PM

Aug 04 2008 AT SEA

Aug 05 2008 AT SEA

Aug 06 2008 NEW YORK, NEW YORK 07:15AM

The June 2009 sailings have also changed a bit. Every sailing has the 2 sea days at the beginning of the cruise and GT is the 1st port of call and BD is last. Also port times in BD, GT and STT have been reduced by 1 hour.

I know this because I was interested in the June 11, 2009 sailing and considering putting a deposit down. Now I am rethinking this. I really enjoyed my 2 sea days at the end of my cruise and I didn't think there was enough port time in STT as it was and now it's even shorter for next year.

That's a real bummer for me.

Archived