More Oasis info from Vicki Freed

I just spoke to someone at C&A. They are aware that this post in on the board and I was told not to worry about the bookings only being open to D+. I was told that they are still working out the specifics and when the dates would be announced.

I just listened to the entire telephone conference call session that Vicki Freed hosted last Thursday and while she initially stated that "diamond plus" members would be able to book Oasis prior to the September 3rd date for opening of the books to the general public, she added the phrase "and very loyal members". Later on in the same conference call she stated that "all Crown and Anchor members" will be able to book prior to September 3rd, although perhaps on different dates, which would seem to imply that the books might open first for Diamond plus and later on for each of the other levels of C&A membership. This makes more sense than the initial reports that pre-booking would be limited to DiamondPlus members only. She also stated that there would be two lounges onboard similar to the arrangements on Freedom class ships, a concierge lounge and a Diamond lounge. However, she also said that access to the concierge lounge would be restricted to suite guests and Diamond Plus members, while Diamond members would have access to the Diamond lounge. Hard to say whether she was being accurate in her statement so we will have to wait and see if she is correct. -Frankly, if the Concierge lounge is another interior room such as what they offer on Voyager and Freedom class ships, I will be envious of my Diamond class friends who will be in the more attractive Diamond lounge.

I think that while it is important to share this type of information when it is made available, it is necessary to understand that sometimes comments made off the cuff in such situations, even by persons in prestigious positions may not accurately reflect reality or what the speaker is trying to convey at that moment.:)

I just spoke to someone at C&A. They are aware that this post in on the board and I was told not to worry about the bookings only being open to D+. I was told that they are still working out the specifics and when the dates would be announced.

Thanks Gordon. You just saved me alot of bribe money. :D

I just listened to the entire telephone conference call session that Vicki Freed hosted last Thursday and while she initially stated that "diamond plus" members would be able to book Oasis prior to the September 3rd date for opening of the books to the general public, she added the phrase "and very loyal members". Later on in the same conference call she stated that "all Crown and Anchor members" will be able to book prior to September 3rd, although perhaps on different dates, which would seem to imply that the books might open first for Diamond plus and later on for each of the other levels of C&A membership. This makes more sense than the initial reports that pre-booking would be limited to DiamondPlus members only. She also stated that there would be two lounges onboard similar to the arrangements on Freedom class ships, a concierge lounge and a Diamond lounge. However, she also said that access to the concierge lounge would be restricted to suite guests and Diamond Plus members, while Diamond members would have access to the Diamond lounge. Hard to say whether she was being accurate in her statement so we will have to wait and see if she is correct. -Frankly, if the Concierge lounge is another interior room such as what they offer on Voyager and Freedom class ships, I will be envious of my Diamond class friends who will be in the more attractive Diamond lounge.

I think that while it is important to share this type of information when it is made available, it is necessary to understand that sometimes comments made off the cuff in such situations, even by persons in prestigious positions may not accurately reflect reality or what the speaker is trying to convey at that moment.:)

Thanks Bill. That makes more sense.

PH - Did somebody just cost us a lot of money?
Yea,but G I wOnt menRtion hiDs name ON here.;) .....

Paul, Is there enough out there for me as well!!!;) :eek:

John

Not anymore........:(

Thank you Bill for this info :D

Very strange or maybe should I say freeky but tonight on our CC group forum for Oasis we have had two strangers to the forum say they heard there wouldnt be any group space on the first 4 sailings :confused:

It has been clearly stated in many of the press releases that group booking will start on Sept 3rd. :D

Hi John: How are you doing. Like PH said, somebody cost us by finding out the truth. When are you coming across to here?

We booked the Jewel for 2 Sept 2009 from Harwich to Boston. One of the ports is Reyjkvic, Iceland and Judy's always wanted to go there.

Bill & Rita will be on it, too.

Very strange or maybe should I say freeky but tonight on our CC group forum for Oasis we have had two strangers to the forum say they heard there wouldnt be any group space on the first 4 sailings :confused:

It has been clearly stated in many of the press releases that group booking will start on Sept 3rd. :D

Make that THREE now. It's spreading like an infection...lol. :eek:

So for those that HEARD the cruisingpower broadcast, did they mention ANYTHING about not "allowing TA's to book groups" on all of Oasis December sailings?

They are correct, Liz. They will begin booking groups on September 3rd but not for any of the December cruises. The earliest cruises that they will book group space for are in January. This is yet another piece of information that was given out during Vicki's conference call.:) If you want to cruise on any of the first four sailings, you will have to make individual bookings - no group rates.

I tried to listen to the Vicki Freed call again, and it wouldn't load, and since other posters have told us about it, I guess I don't need to, but that bothers me. I guess it's just my computer.

Thanks to the others who have listened and reported!

They are correct, Liz. They will begin booking groups on September 3rd but not for any of the December cruises. The earliest cruises that they will book group space for are in January. This is yet another piece of information that was given out during Vicki's conference call.:) If you want to cruise on any of the first four sailings, you will have to make individual bookings - no group rates.

Ok either I am losing the plot or having a nightmare..forgive me here Bill...but you are saying that in that conference call Vicki said no group space until January? So no group space for the Inaugural? :confused:

This is totally wierd as Adam Goldstein and many of the other Executives at RCCL are well aware of our CC group,infact Adam & I email quite often and there has been nothing said with regard to no group space for Dec sailings.

But wait...RCCL dont do group rates!!! :confused: :confused:

Ok either I am losing the plot or having a nightmare..forgive me here Bill...but you are saying that in that conference call Vicki said no group space until January? So no group space for the Inaugural? :confused:

This is totally wierd as Adam Goldstein and many of the other Executives at RCCL are well aware of our CC group,infact Adam & I email quite often and there has been nothing said with regard to no group space for Dec sailings.

But wait...RCCL dont do group rates!!! :confused: :confused:

That is what she said - but as with everything there might be exceptions that she is unaware of, or didn't want to mention to avoid complaints from others who frequently book group space. I'm sure that if Adam Goldstein wants to make an exception for the CC group he can do so, but as far as what Vicki said on Thursday, there will be no group space sold for any of the cruises in December. Of course part of the reason could be that the December 19th and 26th cruises are holiday cruises and are traditionally offered at higher costs than cruises in January and they certainly won't be depending on selling space to groups to insure full sailings.

That is what she said - but as with everything there might be exceptions that she is unaware of, or didn't want to mention to avoid complaints from others who frequently book group space. I'm sure that if Adam Goldstein wants to make an exception for the CC group he can do so, but as far as what Vicki said on Thursday, there will be no group space sold for any of the cruises in December. Of course part of the reason could be that the December 19th and 26th cruises are holiday cruises and are traditionally offered at higher costs than cruises in January and they certainly won't be depending on selling space to groups to insure full sailings.

Oh, I totally missed that the first two sailings would be holiday sailings, I mean I knew the inaugural was Dec. 19, but I forgot about Christmas, and then the next sailing New Years.

Good Point!

I know RCCL wouldnt make exceptions for CC group and I wouldnt expect them to do that,it would be unfair.

What I meant was I find it strange that RCCL know what we are planning but no-one has ever said to us that there wouldnt be group space on the Inaugural.

Am I being duh here (it is 2.30am)but RCCL doesnt do group rates so how can they stop groups booking the Inaugural etc?

I know RCCL wouldnt make exceptions for CC group and I wouldnt expect them to do that,it would be unfair.

What I meant was I find it strange that RCCL know what we are planning but no-one has ever said to us that there wouldnt be group space on the Inaugural.

Am I being duh here (it is 2.30am)but RCCL doesnt do group rates so how can they stop groups booking the Inaugural etc?

I guess you all can book individually, then transfer the booking over to the agent in charge of your group,couldnt you??

I guess you all can book individually, then transfer the booking over to the agent in charge of your group,couldnt you??

Kathy - that is what we did for my Mariner group before I rescheduled. We all booked individually just to get on the ship and get the cabins we wanted. And then rolled them all over to the group TA.

Archived