More Oasis info from Vicki Freed

Kathy - that is what we did for my Mariner group before I rescheduled. We all booked individually just to get on the ship and get the cabins we wanted. And then rolled them all over to the group TA.

Makes sense to me..........

I guess you all can book individually, then transfer the booking over to the agent in charge of your group,couldnt you??

Hi Kathy :D

Yes that was what we planned to do anyway so this news tonight is confusing me :confused:

What am I missing here? :o

Hi Kathy :D

Yes that was what we planned to do anyway so this news tonight is confusing me :confused:

What am I missing here? :o

I think it just means your TA cant book a block of cabins for the group.........but like I said,doesnt stop you from booking individually and turning the ressie over the TA after..

The Inaugural is Dec 12th not 19th :)

Okay, where is my brain tonight. I knew that, and that's why I didn't remember the holiday sailings, my mind just tricked me.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

Okay, where is my brain tonight. I knew that, and that's why I didn't remember the holiday sailings, my mind just tricked me.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

My brain is in bed...its just my body sat here at laptop :D I have to read everything I type 3 times before I post tonight or should I say this morning :eek: :D

Top Stories & Trends

Royal Caribbean's Freed Shares More Details on Oasis

Published on: June 27, 2008

Royal Caribbean International's Vicki Freed shared more details on the 220,000-ton, 5,400-passenger Oasis of the Seas, due out in December 2009. Freed, senior vice president-sales and trade support & services, held a conference call with more than 300 travel agents Thursday afternoon. In providing an outline of the new ship and responding to questions, Freed revealed that the sales will open on Sept. 3, although there will be advance booking available to Diamond-plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society. "We anticipate the lines will be very, very busy on Sept. 3, so please use CruiseMatch," Freed told agents. "There is so much built-up demand for this ship." Agents also will be able to book groups starting Sept. 3. She said the exact dates bookings will open to loyal past passengers will be announced in a few weeks. Deck plans will be available online in August at www.oasisoftheseas.com/trade, although banner ads for use on agent websites are available now, as is a paper brochure. Freed also said there will be travel agent functions onboard Oasis before it enters service with its inaugural voyage on Dec. 12, 2009. The ship will not visit Northeast ports because the cold weather could kill the real grass lawn in the Central Park neighborhood on the ship.

In addition to Central Park, an open-air park area with trees and flowers, Oasis also will have neighborhood areas called Royal Promenade and Boardwalk, which will have a carousel and a zipline at no charge. Although the line has been revealing details of the ship at carefully orchestrated events, Freed said the four other neighborhood areas on Oasis will be centered on entertainment, youth, pool and sports, and spa and fitness. She also said Oasis will have a FlowRider surf attraction found on Freedom-class ships, as well as two rock-climbing walls.

Freed said Oasis will dock at each port of call to avoid tendering passengers to shore. The ship will also have two embarkation points at Port Everglades to allow for faster boarding, she added. The ship will have 37 categories of suites and staterooms, including 28 loft suites, which Freed said will be the highest above the waterline in the industry; they'll have double-height windows. However, she noted that many less-expensive cabins will also be available, along with wheelchair-accessible accommodations in every category. The ship also will have more elevator banks and stairwells for ease of navigating the huge vessel, which will be just 100 feet longer than the Freedom-class ships but much taller and wider. For more information, visit www.oasisoftheseas.com/trade.

I was waiting to see if there was going to be extra charges for the carousel or zip line, but she just answered that. And I'm glad about the extra elevator and stairwell banks, even the Freedom needs more of those sometimes.

And when the price of fuel gets so high that RCCL can't afford to fill 'er up they can just dock this baby somewhere as a floating resort. :D

I just spoke with Vicki Freed and she confirmed that TAs cannot block group space for the first three sailings of the Oasis (Dec 2009). Starting Sept 3 though TAs can block group space for Jan 2010 and forward. She did not confirm how far out, so I'm not sure if June 2010 will be loaded into the system yet for booking or now.

I wonder if I will have trouble booking a standard balcony on Oasis' Inagural when we get on Rhapsody Sept 5th

Since crown and anchor members will be able to book the inaugural and other Oasis sailings prior to the Sept. 3rd date when bookings open to the general public, and given the obvious interest of so many people in booking the inaugural sailing of this fantastic ship, I would not be surprised if the inaugural sailing is all sold out by the time you board the Rhapsody on Sept. 5th. If I were you I would make a serious attempt to book this cruise as early as it becomes available. There is a possibility that some rooms may still be availableon the 5th but I think that possibility is fairly slim. While there will be a lot of interest in booking the balcony rooms overlooking Central Park and the boardwalk and the loft suites and the cabins with a view of the AquaTheater, there are many people whose primary interest will be to sail on the inaugural cruise and they will take those standard balconies and even inside rooms if that is all that they can get.:) Price may not be a significant factor.:rolleyes:

I just listened to the entire telephone conference call session that Vicki Freed hosted last Thursday and while she initially stated that "diamond plus" members would be able to book Oasis prior to the September 3rd date for opening of the books to the general public, she added the phrase "and very loyal members". Later on in the same conference call she stated that "all Crown and Anchor members" will be able to book prior to September 3rd, although perhaps on different dates, which would seem to imply that the books might open first for Diamond plus and later on for each of the other levels of C&A membership.

I just received an email from Vicki Freed and what Bill describes above is exactly how they are going to handle the bookings for Oasis. It will be done in "tiers".

Archived