Spirit - Deck 11 Balcony

yogimax

I'm in the process of booking a balcony on the Spirit. With the free upgrades, a BA is available for the same price.

I think I read somewhere, however, that Deck 11 balconies tend to be noisy with the moving of the chairs on Deck 12.

Has anyone had experience with this? Is it really a problem?

Thanks!

I can't say from personal experience, but I had the same question several weeks ago. We actually had booked a balcony cabin on deck 11. After reading replies, I changed it to deck 10. One poster, who had had a deck 11 cabin, said that being under Raffles was noisy at night due to cleaning and carts transferring food to serving stations. Of course, if you were far enough forward, you could be under very quiet areas. I think it depends on where the cabin is.

We just changed to a BC cabin on the Spirit on Deck 11. We had a BA, but we saved by moving back several cabins with no difference in view or cabin layout and size.

I would be interested to know about the noise factor. We have been in an aft balcony on a Carnival ship and didn't really hear the typical deck chair noise that others have talked about. I agree that location will be a big factor as well...

just double check the deck plans above you...being under the fitness center is the biggest complaint. they clean the buffet area about midnight...some people have reported being bothered by the sounds, some aren't bothered.

on the spirit, there isn't a realy advantage to most of the balcony cabins...they are laid out the same where...only more money for higher decks.

We just got off the Spirit on Sunday and we were in a balcony room on deck 11 (Room 11068). We had no problems at all with noise in our room. I would also recommend trying to get a room around the area I was in because our balcony had a small roof over it. It rained a few times while we were on the cruise and that roof came in handy! I could see the people in the balcony a few rooms down and they had no roof and were getting soaked!

• 2 months later...

Just came back from the spirit and we stayed in 11156 for 3 nights of terrible noise- basketball court and raffles above us. They moved us to 11060 for the next 3 nights because it was under the library. Yeah right it was really under the pool deck :mad: and the pressure washers at 3:30am we no more fun than the basketballs. Deck 11 sucks... where we were anyway. FWIW we brought an iPod with speakers loaded with white noise (sounds of waves) opened the balcony door (real sounds of real waves) and wore earplugs. Didn't help me at all but my wife's sleep was only interrupted half the times.

it must have been really loud for you to think the basketball courts were over you...they are a deck above galaxy of the stars..forward on the top deck above the pool, not any where near the buffet area.

you were on deck 11, buffet is on deck 12 and basketball court is on deck 13.

another area to watch out for is under the spa/fitness center. people drop the weights during work-outs.

no only request in a cabin is under other cabins....much quieter

1696450372_Deck13Basketballcourt.jpg.d861d5c49c9ecc1320b81cc67fac3726.jpg

This is a case where the pricing makes no sense to me. If the cabins on deck 10 are EXACTLY the same other than the level, why not take those, at less cost?

It must all be in the marketing I guess. Some people think if you pay more, you will get more.

We actually were in a BA on one cruise and moved to a BC because it had passenger cabins above and below us.

Really, though

that's why i booked by BD...got the same service and cabin as a BA for a lot less money. with a great location on a very quiet deck. some ships it may make a difference, since i haven't been on all of them...but on the spirit, it makes no difference other then a high location.

Maybe it's just the right side (starboard, I think) of deck 11 that is noisy? Looks like rooms starting with "110" & "111" are on the right where basketball court and power washer stations for pool are located. Rooms that start with only "115" & "116" are on the port side and they have the golf net above them (instead of the basketball court).

Archived