Wyngate Inn Good or bad?

larry_s_taco

We are booked at the Wyngate. We are hearing some concerning info about this hotel. We were not impressed with Bina Patel's people skills. Does anyone have any 1st hand experience? We are trying to find her immediate supervisor or the regional directors name without any luck. Any input would be appreciated. We can certainly rebook without any problems.
Larry & Art

Costa 1972; Nordic Prince 1983; Fairwind 1984; Sovereign of the Seas 1992; Statendam 1997; Ryndam 1998; Crown Princess 2000; Summit 2001; Millennium 2002; Galaxy 2003; Zenith 2004

Hi, I have met Bina many times...I guess we all have our opinions. She is one of the kindest people I have ever encountered.

I had spoken with her on the phone prior and during the Zenith cruises that have been taking place.

We met a few months ago and have seen her a few times since October.
She comped me a room while one of the group of Zenith sailings was here. I went to dinner with them and she was kind enough to do that for me.
Last week when I sailed on the Mercury and had to fly to CALIF she let me leave my car on the property at NC.....and even had their driver drop me at the airport.
I am sorry if your dealings have not been pleasant. Maybe you caught her on a bad day?
She has always been kind to me.
I would recommend their hotel in a heartbeat.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

Lois,
My problem is that I can not get her to respond to voice mail messages or emails. I had booked the hotel through the internet asking for an email assuring me that they could supply port transport. When nothing came from them, I called and spoke to Michelle who told me no mgr was on duty (strange) and that I had to talk to Bina as 'no transportation is allowed with internet reservations'. I have since left her two voice mails and an email to no avail. She has not answered either one. Needless to say, I am getting nervous as we sail 4/11. Any suggestions?

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Tuggers, That sounds really odd. The transportation is there no matter how you booked. Our experience with Bina was awful and we won't stay there next year but others have had wonderful experiences at the Wyngate. Hard to figure.

Zenith from Jacksonville
Feb. 13 05

Tuggers...so sorry..not sure what to say...If you want..my email is on here......send me an email...I will try to call her for you.....

Lois,
There have been some people who posted on our roll call who have had very bad experiences with Bina. They ALL describe her as rude. There are reportings of unauthorized charges on credit cards and instances where she has actually followed people out into the parking lot to try to make them do what she wants. I also was concerned that when I called I was told by Michelle that there was no management on duty at the hotel at all - just her! Strange.
And still no contact from Bina. I think the best thing I can do is cancel my internet reservation and just not get involved with her.
If she is a great person, then she needs to work on her people skills 'cause she has ticked off a whole bunch of people on this board!

Briggittom,
I thought that was very strange myself. I have never been in a hotel and been denied use of a shuttle because of the rate I paid.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Tuggers, not sure what you would like me to say....I feel bad you were treated poorly...and the others as well.

I guess we are in a "agree to disagree" mode.

Oh I know Lois. Didn't expect anything of you! Just wanted you to know that you may have just 'hit it off' with Bina and the rest of us haven't been so lucky! And I did want you to know what others are saying. Just something to file away! I read your posts a lot and I value your opinions so I thought maybe a heads up was in order. Also wanted you to know why I wasn't going to stay there when I said I was. Nothing personal for you and I, just kind of strange!

Hi everyone,
We stayed at the Wingate Inn before our Feb. 29 cruise and everyone, especially Bina, was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Bina welcomed us when we arrived at the hotel and explained that if we wanted to go sightseeing while we were there we could use the shuttle, which we did. We also used the shuttle to and from the airport. It was on a first come first served basis. Everyone signed up and was given tickets with the time of departure to the port. The van only holds so many people and some had a later departure time, but you could stay in your room until you left for the port even if it was after checkout time. It was very efficient and it worked very well for us. When we got back, it was great. A person was waiting right outside the entrance to the pier with a Wingate Inn sign and we just told them that we stayed there and our car was parked there. They took our return tickets that were given to us when we got our tickets to the port before the cruise. They loaded our bags into the van and 15 minutes later, we were back at our car and the driver even offered to load our bags into our car for us. But we had to rearrange our trunk, so he sat them right by our car.
Bina also returned two or three phone calls to us and even called my in-laws with answers to questions before we left on our trip. My in-laws cruised with us, but they drove from PA and we drove from NC.
Please don't get upset with me. I'm not disputing what anyone says happened to them. I'm just telling you our experince with Bina and the other employees of the Wingate Inn. We were very pleased and would not hesitate to stay at the Wingate again if we cruise from Jacksonville.
I hope everyone who stays there in the future has as pleasant an experience as we did.
Carol

carlyshenk, That's what's so odd. I know for a fact others had an excellent experience at the Wingate including people on our cruise that we spent time with in the lobby. Maybe she just doesn't handle pressure well. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Zenith from Jacksonville
Feb. 13 05

Maybe this will clear up a few problems or maybe not. There is no free shuttle to the pier UNLESS you book the "park'n cruise" or"fly and cruise" PACKAGE. Therefore the cheaper? internet bookings are not getting you a shuttle to the pier.

If you spend the night there (normal rate, weekend rate, etc. probably even internet rate,) you will get a free airport shuttle, free breakfast). Parking free for 2 weeks and free shuttle to the pier is NOT included unless stated in the package.

I will also say that Bina has been more fair with me during my 2 night stay last Nov. Not going to argue with others and their experience, just stating my experience.

Good luck! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I agree with what Deb C. said. We stayed two nights. Friday night was cheaper than Saturday night (the night before our cruise left), but the rate Saturaday night was less expensive than the $140.00 for parking at the terminal for the duration of the cruise and we had wonderful breakfast Sunday morning at the hotel before we left for the pier. It's really a good deal.

Carol

Just my 2 cents. Deb C is correct that unless you book the park and cruise package the hotel shuttle will not take and pick you up from the pier. I stayed there Nov. 2003 and had first booked over the internet and Bina called to let me know that if I wanted transportation to the pier I would need to book directly with her (she alone handled the park and cruise package) I did not drive there nor did I have a rental car but I did need shuttle to and from pier, the package was worth it. Hope this and above comments by Deb C. will help. Virginia (Ginnylou)

05/29/04 Oosterdam 7-Night Alaska
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;12;05;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Larry and Art,

What did you decide? Are you staying at the Wyngate? Did you ever speak to Bina? I still have had no contact from her despite leaving 2 voice and 3 email messages.

Archived