can Ocean View order the bar set ups

All of the post I have seen about bar set up have come from verandah and suite cruisers. Are bar set ups available for Oceanview cabins? Where would I find out what brands they have. Also do they have smoothies on the ship, I really like dark rum in a tropical smoothie.

Anyone in any category cabin can order bottles of alcohol for their cruise.

You can either order via HAL's gifts on their site or by calling Ship Services or order from room service once you are on the ship.

They do have smoothies but keep in mind they will use the house rum which may not be a dark rum. So if you order a specual dark rum, expect to pay more.

The Westerdam will also have the same set up.

You get a tiny bottle (they are like the airplane sizes) of vodka, one of gin, one of scotch, and 1 of whiskey -- price was $4.95 + 15% gratuity. Price may go up as everything else is going up. Once you use one of the bottles, a wine steard who checks your cabin each morning will check the refrigerator, replace anything you use and leave a bill for you.

There are also sodas, beer, bottled water, etc., that you can purchase.

The Westerdam will also have the same set up.

You get a tiny bottle (they are like the airplane sizes) of vodka, one of gin, one of scotch, and 1 of whiskey -- price was $4.95 + 15% gratuity. Price may go up as everything else is going up. Once you use one of the bottles, a wine steard who checks your cabin each morning will check the refrigerator, replace anything you use and leave a bill for you.

There are also sodas, beer, bottled water, etc., that you can purchase.

Is it possible to have the room steward remove the items him/herself so as to free up the space for other things? I realize it is not really a refrigerator, but a cooler. I have done this on other lines and it is better for us to use that space for our own things like water and soda that we bring. Thank you!

Is it possible to have the room steward remove the items him/herself so as to free up the space for other things? I realize it is not really a refrigerator, but a cooler. I have done this on other lines and it is better for us to use that space for our own things like water and soda that we bring. Thank you!

Absolutely! When on the Westerdam in March we had our fridge completely emptied and stocked it with bottles of water we brought on board with us. :)

Thanks to all who replied. I was looking for the prices for a whole bottle of alcohol, and thanks to Marle7 from another thread I was able to go to the HAL website and view the prices. Here are the instructons.

Choose the tab that says For Booked Guests, then choose On Board Gifts. You have to sign in first and have a booking number. Once you do that, select the guests you are shopping for, and click, choose gifts. The list comes up with pictures and there's a spirit and liqour section.

Thanks to all who replied. I was looking for the prices for a whole bottle of alcohol, and thanks to Marle7 from another thread I was able to go to the HAL website and view the prices. Here are the instructons.

Choose the tab that says For Booked Guests, then choose On Board Gifts. You have to sign in first and have a booking number. Once you do that, select the guests you are shopping for, and click, choose gifts. The list comes up with pictures and there's a spirit and liqour section.

Hi sail-a-bration, I'm also starting to order items for our cruise. I can't wait! :p I tried the On Board Gifts feature to order a couple special things for my husband to be delivered to our room on Embarkation Day. I haven't decided whether or not I want to do the rum and coke gift. He likes to drink a rum and coke in the evening but he uses diet coke. Does anyone know if they would supply diet coke instead of regular coke with this package?

thanks

diane

Archived