6WBMO Anyone?

I had done the 6 Week Body Makeover plan once before with GREAT results. Stopped due to a number of stupid reasons - and now have to basically start all over again.

It's a relatively strict diet - but one that is easy for me to follow.

I cruise in December and want to be down from a 14 (current) to an 8/10 (haven't been below an 8 since kids and not sure my hips can do it! LOL)

Anyone else out there cruising with 6WBMO?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey me too!

I had to have had the most damaged metabolism in the world as I was able to gain weight on far less food than I'm eating now. It really is working well for me.

I'm still what they consider a "slower looser" (not at all like the reports of many many pounds a week)- BUT - I feel so much better now that I'm actually eating more than once or twice a day and I honestly feel like I'm doing something to take care of myself.

I wonder though about what I'm going to do when cruising...I can't imagine trying to stay on this plan while on vacation! It's not that hard for me at home.

It's kind of scary cause I have heard from so many people that when you stop eating this way the weight/water/etc just piles on. I've worked too hard for that, but the cruise food, drinks etc......what to do, what to do!

What part of northern Michigan are you from U.P. or L.P. are from? My mom grew up in the U.P. That is why am waiting to reach goal even before booking my next cruise. I figure eat what I want during the cruise. Make sure I get my water and excercise in.

I was on the diet plan also!! it worked for me but like you for some stupid reason I went off of it!! i had lost 12lbs in a week and a half. The only thing that I couldn't get use to was eating all the food. Also I have no imagination when it come to making something that is in my food list. I woiuld stick to the menu card. I too a B. Maybe we need to all be buddies and get this weight off since we are B bodies!

Ok, but I'm a "D", so I guess its really not all that different, except I get steak:D

ANyway, I Know what you mean about the food prep, but I love to cook so I got really creative right away. I am always whipping up something in the kitchen or on the grill these days. I keep little 1/2 cup containers and fill them with my cooking creations for the week. When I get ready to eat I can grab a serving of this or that a dig in! I eat something gourmet-ish nearly every day, rarely I just do the basics from the card. I was so sick of egg whites so I had to get creative.

And I LOVE oatmeal so that's always a plus for me. I do the steel cut oats and love the crunchiness.

The hardest thing for me was eating every 2.5 to 3 hrs. I work in a very busy high risk maternity department and we often times go hours and hours without getting a break. I absolutely needed to find portable, non perishable tasty food I could eat in a hurry.

I found the recipes on the Provida web pages very helpful. And thank heavens I found a "granola" recipe! It is equivalent to a protein serving and a carb serving for me. It saved me - honestly I would not have been able to get to food often enough on a normal shift. I make a double batch and it makes four servings for a type D. I bag it in little food bags and can munch it right out of my scrub pocket! Wash it down with tons of water and away I go.

I don't always get my veggies in when I'm working unless I get a "REAL "lunch break, then I head to the cafeteria, whip a salad together out off the salad bar, add some balsamic vinegar, seasonings and away I go.

I also make the breakfast bars recipe from the website, which a perfect for me, they are equivalent to 2 egg whites and 1/2 cup carb and taste great. I can eat on the run as 0600 is way too early to eat for me.

I use the latte recipe alot, I was missing my lattes from starbucks! Now I have one all the time.

I have no trouble coming up with creative ways to make the plan work, I even made my own ketchup and BBQ sauce that I keep on hand in the fridge for changing up the proteins!

BTW I've tried some receipes that were just plain gross off the website too. Gotta be willing to take a chance with some of them, my dog usually will eat whatever I give her ;)

Jan

What part of northern Michigan are you from U.P. or L.P. are from? My mom grew up in the U.P. That is why am waiting to reach goal even before booking my next cruise. I figure eat what I want during the cruise. Make sure I get my water and excercise in.

I'm from the Northern lower, about three hours from the bridge near Traverse City, she'll know that place! Home of the National Cherry Festival. So, where in dah UP is she from eh? LOL

Jan

I'm a B too! I am slowly but surely getting back OP - - I've actually decided to start training for next years marathon .. and have been following a walking/jogging training plan for that.

The one thing that I have found though, is that I need about 3 oz of protein per meal rather than the 2 that is suggested. It's just something that works better for my body for some reason.

- - As far as the cruise... and eating out, etc. -- I think that as long as I try to keep the GENERAL protein/carb/veggie combos in place, and drink drink drink all that water - - that it won't be too bad.

Lots and lots of walking -- and taking the stairs instead of the elevators.

:)

I've got just a few days shy of 6 months to go from a 14 to a 10. My goal cruise size is 10... so it's water, walking, and cooking up a storm for me!

Hey - did anyone ever do the NBU on the provida boards? I was a "dorm teacher" there back when I was first on the plan and it really was awesome. I'm thinking of joining again, as a "student" just to get more motivation.

Thats ok if your a D!!! At least you know what this plan is all about. Maybe I will need e-mail you about cooking the different foods instead of staying with the card plan!! YUCK I know what you mean but it did work! Oh to have steak:(

Hi My mom was from Iron Mountain. But she has past. I grew up on pasties. But they of course are not on the menu right now. I was on this plan a few years ago and was mildly sucessful. I am doing better this time. My boss says I have lost enough. But I tell her she should see me in my underwear. I am looking good most places but my mid section. I also have a tough time getting myself to exercise. I have lost about 15 lbs. so far. I would like to do another 20-30 lbs. Oh well just keep trying.

Hi My mom was from Iron Mountain. But she has past. I grew up on pasties. But they of course are not on the menu right now. I was on this plan a few years ago and was mildly sucessful. I am doing better this time. My boss says I have lost enough. But I tell her she should see me in my underwear. I am looking good most places but my mid section. I also have a tough time getting myself to exercise. I have lost about 15 lbs. so far. I would like to do another 20-30 lbs. Oh well just keep trying.

Been to Iron Mountain several times. And those pasties, yummy! They actually have several restaurants in this town that specialize in them, that's all there is on the menu, and yes totally off limits now!

I totally know what you mean about the midsection, me TOO! I just can never get that the way I want it to look. I don't think it has looked even half way decent since pre-childbirth years!

I can usually hide it in most clothing (except swim wear) , but these tops this season all remind me of the maternity tops I wore in the 80's, the only thing missing is the word "baby" and an arrow pointing down to my belly:eek: I can NOT wear those tops, I just can't. They are made for skinny tall juniors and not middle aged short thick waisted women.

Had a great OP dinner tonight, marinated tuna steak on the grill. I marinated it in fresh garlic, fresh lemon juice and cracked pepper all day and then threw it on the grill. I tossed up a salad of baby greens and all the salad fixin's including some fresh basil, green onions and parsley from the garden market. I made a balsamic vinaigrette dressing, again with fresh garlic, a splash of pear infused vinegar, balsamic vinegar, splenda and cracked pepper. Instead of having my carb on the side, I whipped up an egg white and then beat in some mashed sweet potato, cinnamon, and splenda and

baked it until it was puffy, felt like I was cheating and having dessert! Great meal....I plan to repeat it for lunch tomorrow it was sooooo good:D

The only thing I didn't get in today was my walk....just didn't get it done. I wanted to go right after dinner but it started thundering and I figured I should wait it out, it never did rain but by the time I realized I could go I had the gang here and got busy doing the Mom thing.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow after work.

Jan

How's everyone else doing?

Jan

i'm here now having a fun OP (PWOM) breakfast,

whipped up some egg whites and put in a 1/4 each of yellow, green and red peppers and 1/2 a small tomato (no onion, otherwise would have thrown some of those in too).

cooked it all up and basically it's like grilled veggies held together by a bit of eggwhite. LOL

then a full grapefruit for my full cup fruit, and a full banana for my full cup carb (pwom)

I actually walk before I eat my first meal... working out after eating makes me a bit sick.

so I get up at about 5:30 and walk for an hour... then come home and down a liter of water (1/3 of the water for the day) and eat my meal.

Then, if the kids still aren't up, I'll sneak down and do my 20 mins body sculpting.

I bought one of those "BEAN" things for my abs, and I do have to say that I like it quite a bit. I am going to bring it upstairs and rock on it while watching my one TV show each night (can't give up CSI or Bones! LOL). But rocking my abs will make it seem not so guilty.

Where is everyone going for thier "reward" cruise...

Im off to Spain, Morocco and the Canary Islands for a "Christmas Cruise" - - we leave December 11th for Barcelona and sail on the 12th - 21st.

CAN'T WAIT!

I'm starting to buy clothes in my goal size of 8/10 now .... gonna HAVE to make it otherwise I won't have anything to wear! LOL :D

....cooked it all up and basically it's like grilled veggies held together by a bit of eggwhite. LOL

How do you "cook it all up"?? I really have trouble with egg white omeletes, no matter how hard I try (and I have a really good non stick pan) they dont ever come out like the pictures look:( Any suggestions??

Where is everyone going for thier "reward" cruise...

I

This next cruise I have is just a weekend with my Mom, she has never cruised before and is doing a weekend in the Bahamas to see "if she likes cruising or not" Can you imagine not liking cruising :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Anyway I am still trying to finalize my Jan 2009 cruise plans, narrowed down to three but am waiting to see how dh business "makes out" this fiscal year before I book....the economy does really stink here in Michigan!

Jan

Wow Some of the foods that you cook up sound great!!! I am not very imaginative when it comes to cooking. What can i do to jazz up my food with flavor and make it enjoyable to eat. Big problem with me when it comes to eating the food if it doesn't look like its diet food then I will eat it. If its just plain eggs forget it!!:(

Hi everyone, I've had a really bad cold. It has been hard to shake it. It was too difficult to eat every 2 hours or so and cook. and get the rest I needed to shake it. I'm doing better. so I'm getting back to it today. Still have not decided what cruise to take. But I am pretty sure it will be out of Tampa. Then I won't have to worry about airfare.Paride55

Hi everyone, I've had a really bad cold. It has been hard to shake it. It was too difficult to eat every 2 hours or so and cook. and get the rest I needed to shake it. I'm doing better. so I'm getting back to it today. Still have not decided what cruise to take. But I am pretty sure it will be out of Tampa. Then I won't have to worry about airfare.Paride55

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but happy you are starting to feel better now. You know what, no matter how sick I am, I NEVER have trouble eating, isn't that a shame, sometimes I wish I would have that problem.

Jan

• 1 month later...

I just got my order & trying to read all the info & watch the videos. I'm planning on getting started Monday or Tuesday next week at the latest. Seems like from the posts, it really works. Just not too crazy about some of the food choices, but will pick out what I really like. The next hardest is no dairy, I drink quite a bit of milk, or eat cheese. Maybe, I'll stick to the menu cards or pre-planned meals, that seems easier.

Archived