new york port?

dolphin2

hi cruisors. has anyone done a cruise out of new york? where is the cruise terminal? i know there are a few airports in new york. any recommendations for hotels near cruise terminal? how are the cruises from new yok? i know we are on the atlantic ocean so it might be a little rocky. does anyone know for sure?

\thanks pattie:)

hi cruisors. has anyone done a cruise out of new york? where is the cruise terminal? i know there are a few airports in new york. any recommendations for hotels near cruise terminal? how are the cruises from new yok? i know we are on the atlantic ocean so it might be a little rocky. does anyone know for sure?

We've cruised from NYC to Bermuda several times and only had one rough day at sea. It's been a great port for us and we're going again next year!:D

Where and when are you going?

Have sailed out of Bayonne, and the seas were nice and calm (February 2008) going out of NYC. The views of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline were great, and going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge was awesome! The best part: no flying!

Lou-Ann

there are three cruise terminals in NY Harbor, as pointed out above.

The Bayonne Cruise terminal(in NJ) Port Liberty is used by RCCI and Celebrity.

The Red Hook Brooklyn Cruise terminal(in Brooklyn) is used by Princess and Cunard(although they occassionally use other terminals as well).at Iml;ay and Bowne Streets in Brooklyn 11231

The Manhattan Cruise terminal used by everyone one else. the Manhattan terminal is piers 88 90 and 92 in Manhattan at 12th avenue and 48, 50 and 52nd street.

Occassionally a stray ship uses another terminal but this is pretty much the rule.

We are leaving out of NY (the Manhattan dock) on the NCL Dawn, on Aug. 24th. There is Cape Liberty, like everyone said, that is in Bayonne, NJ....but that is a shorter cruise (5 days) on Royal Carribean.

Poster before me: Good to know that info. about the Manhattan port, as I didn't inquire about that yet. lol I guess I need to find out which pier it'll be. :)

If you decide on going after I depart on Aug. 24th, I 'll let you know if it was rocky.:D

Have sailed out of Bayonne, and the seas were nice and calm (February 2008) going out of NYC. The views of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline were great, and going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge was awesome! The best part: no flying!

Lou-Ann

Going under the bridge. Everybody duck.

lowbridge4.jpg.89aaefeb8cbe2ddf5311d23a83830ce7.jpg

hi everyone;

thank you so the link and all the information that you all shared with me. iwe usually fly to florida or california for our cruises. but i thought we would try something a little closer. if i fly to new york it is only 1 hour away. i have not booked anything yet, but seriously considering this.

pattie:(

Dolphin2

The entrance to all three Manhatten piers is the same. Once there they will direct you to the correct pier if more than one ship is in.

Also, many from Mass talk about taking a bus or train to Manhatten, or even driving.

We stayed at the 57th Street Holiday Inn and liked it. However, no hotel in NYC will be inexpensive.

has anyone done a cruise out of new york?

Yes - On the Crown and this coming August on the CB

where is the cruise terminal?

Manhattan Cruise Terminal and Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

i know there are a few airports in new york.

LGA or JFK

Newark and ISP are too far.

any recommendations for hotels near cruise terminal?

That depends on which terminal

Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge hotel is located in Brooklyn, N.Y.

how are the cruises from new yok?

Excellent!!! That is why I am doing it again. I wish there were more cruise ship sailing out of NY

i know we are on the atlantic ocean so it might be a little rocky. does anyone know for sure?

Yes, the waters are a little bit rough going and coming into NY, which lasts only for a day. Then it's smooth sailing after that. Ship sways back and forth. Kinda fun!

has anyone done a cruise out of new york?

Yes - On the Crown and this coming August on the CB

where is the cruise terminal?

Manhattan Cruise Terminal and Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

i know there are a few airports in new york.

LGA or JFK

Newark and ISP are too far.

any recommendations for hotels near cruise terminal?

That depends on which terminal

Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge hotel is located in Brooklyn, N.Y.

how are the cruises from new yok?

Excellent!!! That is why I am doing it again. I wish there were more cruise ship sailing out of NY

i know we are on the atlantic ocean so it might be a little rocky. does anyone know for sure?

Yes, the waters are a little bit rough going and coming into NY, which lasts only for a day. Then it's smooth sailing after that. Ship sways back and forth. Kinda fun!

You left out one very important point to tell people from Massachusetts. Red Sox fans are not allowed.

:)

Pattie,

If you are coming from Massachusetts you can consider driving. I live outside of Boston and it usually takes 4 hours. It is also much less time and hassle than dealing with Logan Airport.

If spending time in NY is not a priority, consider driving down to the Stamford area and spending the night in a less expensive motel. Then you will be about an hour from the pier and would have public transportation options in an emergency.

Driving into NY should not be an issue if you leave at 9 am and use the cars only roads. I would take the Merritt/Hutchinson River Parkway to the Cross County Parkway West to the Saw Mill River Parkway South. This becomes the Henry Hudson Parkway and then the West Side Highway, which ends in the west 50's near the cruise dock.

I cruised out of Bayonne for the first time this year and it was wonderful! No more horrible airports and luggage worries. Just throw it in the car and let the porters take it out at the other end.

There are actually three cruise terminals for NYC, although the third one is actually in Bayonne, NJ. RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara use it. EM

Bayonne is hardly New York City and the New Jersey Giants should not pretend to be New Yorkers.

has anyone done a cruise out of new york and where is the cruise terminal?

There might be three in the Tri-state area, however, the OP asked where in NY are the cruise terminals - not in NJ. ;)..:)

There are actually three cruise terminals for NYC, although the third one is actually in Bayonne, NJ.

there are three cruise terminals in NY Harbor, as pointed out above..

We are in Western Ma and have cruised from Manhattan and Brooklyn. The first time (Manhattan) we had a driver bring us to port. We are exactly three hours away. In May we drove to the Brooklyn port. If you are close to Boston there are cruises from there also...:)

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone help on how & cost approx of getting to Bayonne, NJ cruise terminal from central park area.

thnx Gary

I asked the same question and was told it would be $75 to $100. I don't know if that's true or not as we ended up staying at the Hilton Gateway in NJ and took the train into Manhattan. For hotels close to the pier, try http://www.hotelsbythepier.com and also http://www.tripadvisor.com

• 3 weeks later...

It all depends - what cruise line are you considering sailing?

Archived