Who Are The Loyal Royals ???

we are thinking about trying " X " since they do some different intin's. Other than that, all of our cruises have been with Royal and we have future cruises booked as well. We get treated well and have no complaints. Ive read some of the stories on here but Im not sure I believe them 100%.

Anyways your money will end up in the same place

I AM A LOYAL TO ROYAL FAN!!

1st Started on the Song of Norway and have since been on at leasts three ships in every class of ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet.

Plan on continuing that tradition with Oasis.

I must say that Solstice got my attention and I think we will be trying her next year some time. But as someone pointed out, at least =X= is owned by Royal Caribbean.

Nordic Prince in October 1973. We "played the field" a little, did land vacations when the kids were too little, tried (and love) Celebrity, but always come back to RCCL. They have the ship's design we love, and DH loves Deck 5, "the porch".:D :D

Got 6 more booked, too!!

I like this thread to find out what Royal ships people like. We have done 2 cruises on Enchantment and really enjoyed them. We are headed out on Liberty of the seas in a couple of weeks. We are looking at a short cruise on Sovern next spring and Adventurer next summer. Has anyone got and feedback on those two?

My first cruise was on Liberty August 07. ABSOLUTELY LOVED!!!!! IT!!!!!

such and awesome time. We loved it so much we didi the next cruise credit and decidecd on Adventure fo 9/6/9 and can't hardly wait for the time to drraaaaaaaaaaag on! After that first cruise last year, We are completely loyal to royal. They are amazing you ca;t go wrong with either shio so let price be your deciding factor, WE had lost of fun and aer now booked again on the Adventure of the seas again on 9/6/9 and we can't harldey wait!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

I also think the staff and crew are like 'close friends' - a lot of them truly stay in touch with passengers they have met and liked - also passengers stay in touch with them - Corkey Carol

We are loyal to Royal!! We did try Princess once. It was okay, but nothing like our RCI cruises! We will stick with them as long as they treat us right. No complaints at all so far! We had suites on our first two cruises, so we are working towards Diamond now. AOS will be credit #7. Thinking about booking the Voyager for next spring and a first for us...we want to do the itinerary we did in January again. We never repeat, so that is unusual for us to do the same one. We loved it and had such a good time on the Voyager.

My favorite ship...usually the last one I was on! I thought the Serenade was the perfect size until we sailed on the Explorer. We love the Royal Promenade. I really think the Voyager class is my favorite, but I would go on any of them!

You are very much a Loyal Royal-- wait til you sail on the Mariner!! and the Radiance will be in San Diego so you will have lots of chances to be on this popular RCCL ships!! Carol

YAY...I am a "Loyal Royal"...and I can hardly wait for Radiance to come to the West Coast...I have been watching her itineraries...and now we have both Mariner and Radiance...I am so excited. Carol you are the best....=)

Love,

Char

YAY...I am a "Loyal Royal"...and I can hardly wait for Radiance to come to the West Coast...I have been watching her itineraries...and now we have both Mariner and Radiance...I am so excited. Carol you are the best....=)

Love,

Char

--and I always tell Narce - "Char is the Best" -- I am so excited about our cruise together - I know we have groups of friends we will be with, but We will also be together and see each other all the time so Wow Wowee -- it'll be so Cool!! Hugs, Carol

We are loyal to Royal!! We did try Princess once. It was okay, but nothing like our RCI cruises! We will stick with them as long as they treat us right. No complaints at all so far! We had suites on our first two cruises, so we are working towards Diamond now. AOS will be credit #7. Thinking about booking the Voyager for next spring and a first for us...we want to do the itinerary we did in January again. We never repeat, so that is unusual for us to do the same one. We loved it and had such a good time on the Voyager.

My favorite ship...usually the last one I was on! I thought the Serenade was the perfect size until we sailed on the Explorer. We love the Royal Promenade. I really think the Voyager class is my favorite, but I would go on any of them!

I think all the RCCL ships are beautiful - from the small Monarch/Majesty to their Explorer - I have not been on the Freedom class yet and I look forward to the Oasis too - however, the Brilliance has been my favorite - Somehow all that glass is great! So I love it when I am there and when on the Explorer, I love the promenade - altho' I wish I could see the water while sitting on the promenade -- oh heck! I love them all -- Corkey

I've sailed on RCI close to 40 times, but we have an open marriage.:) We like Princess, too, and are going to try Azamara next, then Celebrity in 2010.

Just a little FYI for ya......My TA just got back a couple of months ago from an 18 day Azamara cruise and LOVED it! Loved the smaller ship (under 800 passengers) attention to details, food, service etc...second time on that line, first cruise being a 12 dayer. She has been on many many cruises and cruise lines, but finds Azamara to be her new found favorite! Have a great time :D

Hi Carol! Well, I'm not a loyal royal yet since I won't be sailing with RCCL until April, but I'm willing to give them a chance. After my two Celebrity sailings, I've gotten pretty spoiled though. Like I told you before, those Aft CC rooms with their balconies are hard to beat. Not to mention the Thalassotherapy Pool! Now I'm getting excited about my Westbound Panama Canal on Infinity in my Aft CC again! :D But, first, the Mariner! All in the family though......lol!

Just a little FYI for ya......My TA just got back a couple of months ago from an 18 day Azamara cruise and LOVED it! Loved the smaller ship (under 800 passengers) attention to details, food, service etc...second time on that line, first cruise being a 12 dayer. She has been on many many cruises and cruise lines, but finds Azamara to be her new found favorite! Have a great time :D

Oh, thank you for that! I toured an Oceania ship (Regatta) and fell in love with her, so when we saw the AZ Journey's Panama Canal cruise for the holidays I just jumped on it. I'm really looking forward to the experience!:D

We are pretty loyal to Royal. We are getting ready for our 17th RCL cruise. We have cruised with Disney and Carnival. We compare all others to Royal. Each cruise has been unique and different. We have had less than acceptable food/service to the most amazing food and service on board RCL. That is to be expected. We have never had a "bad" cruise. We are not sure how that could even happen on RCL!!

My children prefer RCL over the others as well. Cruising is our favorite and most relaxing vacation. I feel that RCL gives us incentive to continue cruising with them. Our favorite would probably be Freedom. We have never been on Radiance Class ships (is that the name of the class?) Not sure why, just never worked out! We will continue to cruise RCL pretty much exclusively. We have converted 1 family, and made cruisers out of our best friends!

Happy Cruising to All!!

Jodi

Nordic Prince in October 1973. We "played the field" a little, did land vacations when the kids were too little, tried (and love) Celebrity, but always come back to RCCL. They have the ship's design we love, and DH loves Deck 5, "the porch".:D :D

Got 6 more booked, too!!

Nordic Prince Remember when they had 8 days for the price of 7? We spent 2 full days, I think it was in St. Thomas. I'd love to have 2 days in one port again.

My favorite ship is the one yet traveled on!!! Just like my favorite cruise is the one that is being planned. Planning and looking forward to the next cruise is always the best part of the trip!!!

I've been on the 3 ships you listed and Yes, I love all 3 of them!!

Cruising just NEVER leaves my mind= Corkey

DW and I have done four (4) cruises on Royal and two (2) on Celebrity.

However, my question is this, we sailed on RCCL 7/1/84 - Song of America, 8/20/86 - Sun Viking, and 8/7/88 - Song of America, but according to RCCL we have to prove or provide documentation from those sailings to receive credit for prior cruises. Thankfully, we still have information from '86 and '88, but nothing from '84 except a piece of paper with washed out ink.

Has anyone else encountered the situation of RCCL claiming lost records and forcing the passenger to prove the sailing???

Is there anything else we could possibly do in terms of verifying '84? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Sailing on the IOS on 9/6/08 and will carry all the documentation we currently still have.

DW and I have done four (4) cruises on Royal and two (2) on Celebrity.

However, my question is this, we sailed on RCCL 7/1/84 - Song of America, 8/20/86 - Sun Viking, and 8/7/88 - Song of America, but according to RCCL we have to prove or provide documentation from those sailings to receive credit for prior cruises. Thankfully, we still have information from '86 and '88, but nothing from '84 except a piece of paper with washed out ink.

Has anyone else encountered the situation of RCCL claiming lost records and forcing the passenger to prove the sailing???

Is there anything else we could possibly do in terms of verifying '84? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Sailing on the IOS on 9/6/08 and will carry all the documentation we currently still have.

It seems to happen a lot - RCI doesn't seem to keep records more than 7 years or so. Do you have any photos that you purchased onboard or that have a date stamp and evidence that you were onboard? I've heard that they'll take that, too. And if you can photocopy the paper on a dark setting, the print may be a little more legible. Good luck!

We were one of the Royal Loyal, 32 cruises. There were only 2 RCCL ships we had not been on. Then RCCL wanted to try Anytime Dinning. We decided to also try Princess. We spent our three weeks of cruising this year on Princess. Thank you RCCL for opening up our eyes.

In thirteen years, I have 66 cruise credits...rarely sail with any other company now. I find some things strange and I am sad they are removing the Monarch from the CA cruise market and leaving us without a 3-4 ship in that market. I started on her out of San Juan, as my first RCI ship and love her and that crew. The Radiance class ships are my favorites - I enjoyed the Navigator transatlantic to Barcelona this past April and am doing the Voyager transatlantic in November....but just prefer my ships a bit smaller.

Can't figure how upgrades are done, either. Sometimes people who have done only forty cruises, in the same category cabin are upgraded and folks with a hundred cruises are not. Doesn't make sense to me.

Carmen

It seems to happen a lot - RCI doesn't seem to keep records more than 7 years or so. Do you have any photos that you purchased onboard or that have a date stamp and evidence that you were onboard? I've heard that they'll take that, too. And if you can photocopy the paper on a dark setting, the print may be a little more legible. Good luck!

Jean, thanks very much for your response and suggestions. I'll look around to see if I find anything else to bolster my case. It's just the point of not receiving credit for those cruises that annoys me. I realize we haven't done 42 cruises like some folks, but would like credit for those we've sailed.

Archived