BIG bump in port fees

Simru12

I just checked my Cruise Personalizer for my cruise next week and noticed another decrease in On-Board credit. The first one ($1.38 on May 22nd) was an increase in port charges for Copenhagen.

There was no note saying what this one was so I called Princess to ask. I was told that Amsterdam just increased their port fee as well to the tune of $12.85 per person. I don't know what they charged Princess originally, but I don't see the need for an additional $26,000 ($13 x 2000 pax)

I've heard that Amsterdam is the worst for getting off the ship due to only having one customs line and wanting to see everyone's passport, so hopefully this increase is to hire another customs agent or three.

I just checked my Cruise Personalizer for my cruise next week and noticed another decrease in On-Board credit. The first one ($1.38 on May 22nd) was an increase in port charges for Copenhagen.

There was no note saying what this one was so I called Princess to ask. I was told that Amsterdam just increased their port fee as well to the tune of $12.85 per person. I don't know what they charged Princess originally, but I don't see the need for an additional $26,000 ($13 x 2000 pax)

I've heard that Amsterdam is the worst for getting off the ship due to only having one customs line and wanting to see everyone's passport, so hopefully this increase is to hire another customs agent or three.

Its all good.

Everythings going up remember? ;)

we were on the Royal princess in May. In Amsterdam,dutch customs came on the ship. Whole ship had to report to lounge at an assigned time. Everyone had to report even those not exiting ship. We went through very quickly. the ship however had docked at a remote port, far from town. Even the tour bus operators got lost looking for the ship in the morning.

People that wanted just a shuttle bus to town, waiting about an hour and then were told there was a transportation strike and no buses would come (Shuttles). We were glad we were on a tour. Anyone not on a tour then had to take a cab and since very remote area one way was about 40 euros.

Sue

I suspect the increase might not be much of one at all, in Euros, but just reflects the continuing devaluation of the US$.

Archived