favorite quiet nook??

HI All,

We just booked the Dream to NE/Canada the end of september.

Anybody have any favorite corners or nooks they'd like to enlighten me to? You know, those quiet spots where you can settle in and watch the world go by (other than your balcony).

Just curious, and thanks for sharing.

TuTu

Hi TuTu -

I think you can interpret the overwhelming response (0 out of 53) as your answer. There is no quiet spot on the ship. Well, maybe the library and the bridge. I have tried to enjoy my iPod in different spots on different ships, but there is always that darned piped-in music to intrude. That's one of the reasons we always take a balcony. Ah, peace and quiet.

The library is wonderful! Actually, so are certain areas of the spas. The window seating can be wonderful on port days. I've seen many a cruiser curled up with a good novel. The upper decks, above the pool have been quiet as well. I have also found peace and quiet in the cigar bar, if you don't mind the smell of a good cigar...or a cigarette, I don't.

If you are looking for an outside venue, try deck 10, fwd. When we took the Dream last fall from Dover to Barcelona, we had the corner suite on deck 10, and the fwd facing balconcy was always a quiet spot with great views entering and leaving the harbors.

Family was recently on the Dream to Bermuda and said they, too, enjoyed this quiet area.

Darcy

I wouldn't worry about this quiet area being overrun with passengers seeking solitude. When we were in Europe, there weren't any chairs on this deck area, so we dragged a few from an upper deck so we could enjoy the views. Family had to do the same when they went to Bermuda in early June. Besides, there's no bar deck service for this spot, so it will always be a quiet place! ;)

Darcy

Thanks ya'll.

We have a forward facing cabin on deck 8 (Norway I think) but I tend to get cabin fever very easily, unless the weather is bad. I'll check out deck 10 and see if I can snag a chair or two. I also saw some pics of the ship on web-shots and it looked like there might be the same sort of area all the way at the aft......... I'm putting on my 'sneakers' and finding me a spot! lol.

Try the library, and always get a room with a balcony!

I've sailed on the Gem before as a wedding suprise from my husband, Me, mu husband, My parents and my mother and father-in-law went and he got a garden villa, I locked myself in me and my husband's bedroom and I went into my personal balcony for peace and quiet, ofcourse I was with my hus.

Archived