Benefits of Mini Suite- Island Princess

lgallagher14

1) Welcome glass of champagne

2) Separate seating area with sofa bed

3) Luxury mattress and pillows

4) Two TV's

5) Spacious closet

6) Bathroom tub with shower and massage shower head

This was what is listed in the Princess cruise book. Rooms are about 302 sq. ft., incl. balcony.

Are the mattresses actually different in the minis?

We have always had great mattresses in our mini-suites until our cruise last month on the Star. That was the worst bed I have ever had anywhere. After having spent the three nights before in Embassy Suites sleeping on their "Serta Hilton Suite Dreams Perfect Sleeper", it was a true disappointment. I sincerely hope the beds on the Island are better, since we will be on her for our Panama Canal cruise in the fall. If you have a problem, ask for an egg crate topper. It wasn't great, but an improvement. Our steward told us they had just changed the beds out. They must have missed D323.

We have never gotten slippers in a mini. Sometimes we get the champange, but that is a zero deal. Don't drink the stuff.

Island does have nice matresses. We got a pier upgrade on our three day cruise to a mini. Three days, any cabin is fine.

I do like the two televisions since my husband naps every day. I can sit on the couch with my own TV and also read. I do not think I am bothering him that way.

We do the morning activities but like to R&R in the afternoon. I kind of pick cabin due to how long the cruise is. Longer the cruise, the bigger the cabin.

Will say and this is just my feelings, Island in the regular balcony cabins has the most obnoxious showers. The safety handle is right in the middle so you can not find a good spot to stand. We are not large people.

Slippers are probably an Elite perk, the best Elite perk is the free laundry. Some day we will hit that.

We do enjoy the minis, I wish Princess had more of them with covered balconies. We love outside but do not enjoy direct sun.

Archived