Wine Flights

Wine flights, also sometimes referred to as tasting flights, are tastings of multiple wines, in order to get a feel for breadth or depth. Wine flights are usually intended for those new to the experience of tasting wine, or those who want to increase their understanding of a specific region, vintage, or varietal.

Do they serve Boone's farm Strawberry hill on any of the ships.:D

Thank you so much for all of the information, and the links! Great info!

Kelli

Sherri,

We were on the Mariner a few years back, but I don't recall them having one of the Vintage bars...or the wine-flights...at that time. Hind-sight is wonderful!

Darlene

Vintages is on the Royal Promenade -- pretty close to the center. Have had flights there (used the Diamond coupon the last time).

Thank you so much for all of the information, and the links! Great info!

Kelli

Was hoping someone would post pictures of the Vintages Flight menu -- thannks!!! I will put them in my cruise favorite palces. Crazy names.

I think we've had "How Merlot can you Go?" and "Frances Ford Coppola Presents" If I remember, the first wine is the lightest and they get more full bodied as they go down the list.

I remember that they were all priced differently according to the wine that was offered. If my memory is correct, there was one that was more of an upscale offering so it was more expensive than all of the rest. They are all just listed in the Vintages menu, so I'm sure you could just order them at any time (Vintages is located in the promonade). The bartender just poured the glasses of wines that were listed for that flight. It was kind of cool because for us, they poured the four glasses and they had this special tool that lifted all of them over onto the bar in front of you all at once.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I know I saw the Vintages menu posted online, but I can't seem to find it now. If I do, I will post that too.

I also loved the way the bartender poured the 4 wines and the neat tool that the glasses are placed in.

Yes, they do have flights of wines for tasting on the Mariner in Vintages. You can also purchase small amounts of select wines to taste them as well. The cruise usually has a couple wine tastings in dining room and Vintages has a different selection on their "TASTING" which is open to the public to purchase.

One night they also had Martini class. You purchased a ticket to learn to make martinis and samle the ones we made.. whoaaaaaaaaa then we made up our own martini as well. It was Great! Be on 8/3 EC sailing next month. LRSkier

Archived