Wine Flights

Wine flights, also sometimes referred to as tasting flights, are tastings of multiple wines, in order to get a feel for breadth or depth. Wine flights are usually intended for those new to the experience of tasting wine, or those who want to increase their understanding of a specific region, vintage, or varietal.

from

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-wine-flights.htm

We tried one while we were on the Mariner at Vintages, so I would guess that any ship that has that wine bar would offer the same menu with flights. I thought it was a neat way to do your own little tasting. There were quite a few to choose from, and they were offered with different categories like Merlots or California wines.

If you mean do they have wine tastings, then yes.

Sue.

Thanks for clarifying! I don't think that "derf5585" understood my original question. I knew what "wine flights" were, but I was curious as to if they are available on all RCCL ships. I've been on several cruises, but evidently not the right ones!

Darlene

We had a complimentary martini flight once at a hotel in Boston. It was either 4 or 5 mini size martinis in different flavors (chocolate, watermelon, apple, I forget the others). Of course we followed it up with a full-size in our favorite flavor. mmmm

One martini, Two martini, Three martini, floor.

Sue.

Thanks for clarifying! I don't think that "derf5585" understood my original question. I knew what "wine flights" were, but I was curious as to if they are available on all RCCL ships. I've been on several cruises, but evidently not the right ones!

Darlene

Wine flights are offered in Vintages, the wine bar that is on Navigator, Mariner, Freedom, Liberty and Independence. They had a very good selection of flights -- grouped obviously by type of wine and also I think by vineyard. Our Diamond coupon book had a coupon for 75% off the second flight. Don't know about the other coupon books. We have done flights a couple of times on Navigator and Mariner.

Sherri,

I appreciate knowing all of the extras. We've been on several cruises, but evidently none that have these wine-flights. We were on the Grandeur last August and have a repeat on it, but in the opposite direction, later this month. I'm hoping!

Darlene

Is it a set price, or is it priced by type of wine? Never done one and now I am curious, sounds like something I would like to try out when we are on the Mariner next month.

Also, are they only at select times, or anytime Vintages is open?

Is it a set price, or is it priced by type of wine? Never done one and now I am curious, sounds like something I would like to try out when we are on the Mariner next month.

The flights are a set price but I'm not sure if different prices are set for different flights. Vintages opens at 1 PM most days and stays open unitl 1 AM.

Sherri,

I appreciate knowing all of the extras. We've been on several cruises, but evidently none that have these wine-flights. We were on the Grandeur last August and have a repeat on it, but in the opposite direction, later this month. I'm hoping!

Darlene

You're welcome -- you should consider one of the ships I mentioned for a future cruise.

I remember that they were all priced differently according to the wine that was offered. If my memory is correct, there was one that was more of an upscale offering so it was more expensive than all of the rest. They are all just listed in the Vintages menu, so I'm sure you could just order them at any time (Vintages is located in the promonade). The bartender just poured the glasses of wines that were listed for that flight. It was kind of cool because for us, they poured the four glasses and they had this special tool that lifted all of them over onto the bar in front of you all at once.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I know I saw the Vintages menu posted online, but I can't seem to find it now. If I do, I will post that too.

I did not know what "Whine flights" were so I oogled it found out. I thought others might knot now so I posted it.

Aren't these the ones where you are seated on the plane in the middle of 2 families with 3 kids each that whine throughout the flight, kick the back of your seat and "pop up" over your seat back to "scare" you--if so, I have certainly experienced them:p :D :eek: ;)

Archived