Boston Hotels

travel1

There have been numerous discussions on this forum about Boston Hotel rooms before a cruise, so try a search to see all the suggestions. Just remember that Boston is a small city so none of the downtown hotels are that far from the Black Falcon terminal. Over the years I have stayed in many of these hotels and would not have a problem with any of them for a one night stay.

The dilemma for Boston is that the hotel rooms are expensive, which is why folks use Price Line to get a better rate. It also depends if you are driving or flying to Boston. If you are driving and sightseeing in Boston is not a priority, you can stay along the Route 128/95 beltway and have a quick drive (< 30 minutes) to the pier the next day.

Give us more details so we can offer better advice.

We're also departing out of Bos this september, and found a Best Western that we thought very reasonable (after pricing most of the hotels in the region :eek: ) Especially given the fact that they have complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and Black falcon pier, and free continental breakfast. It's the Best Wester Adams Inn on Hancock St in Quincy. They also say that they are just a short walk from a T-line stop.

Their website indicates that they do have a 'park n go' package that allows you to leave your vehicle with them for up to 14 days. Seems like a good deal, we're always happy with best western's and with the free airport / cruise terminal shuttle plus free continental breakfast.....works for us and saves us $$.

We're also departing out of Bos this september, and found a Best Western that we thought very reasonable (after pricing most of the hotels in the region :eek: ) Especially given the fact that they have complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and Black falcon pier, and free continental breakfast. It's the Best Wester Adams Inn on Hancock St in Quincy. They also say that they are just a short walk from a T-line stop.

Will you be staying more than one night at the BW Adams Inn?

The reason I ask is because its location is not in the best part of Quincy. It is located in an industrial/business area, beside and sort of under a BUSY overpass. The "waterfront" is the Neponset River, not Boston Harbor. While the subway stop is within walking distance, I wouldn't call the walk (beside a BUSY road) "short" - at least 15 minutes. The walk will take you to a few restaurants, such as the Cathay Pacific (Americanized Chinese). Tullios (good Italian), Applebee's, and Panera Bread.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from staying at the Adam Inn - I even debated with myself about posting this. But I felt I should give you a heads-up, at the very least.

On the plus side, the benefits of a good room rate (NOT easy to find in Boston), plus transportation from the airport and to the pier are undeniable.

Ellen

Thanks for the heads up Ellen, we are only staying the one nite before the cruise. I work for an airline, and would never ever try to arrive at the port the day of departure. I've had to help too many passengers that ended up missing the boat due to problems with their flights.

We picked the location mostly because of the free transportation and breakfast. One of the guys was born and raised in Bos and had given me the same info. He laughed and said my view would probably be of very large gas holding tanks, but they were painted very kewl.....lol.

I always appreciate any info I get from everyone here as well.

I just got this rate information about the 3 star Boston Park Plaza hotel, in the middle of the city, walking distance to lots of restaurants. You may be able to book online using this rate code also.

Call 800-225-2008 and ask for rate code TICKER1 for the nonrefundable rate and TICKER for the standard cancellation policy rate $10 more per night.

Here are the rates and dates:

• $109: July 13; August 10-12, 17-27, 31; September 1-2, 2008
  • $129: July 27-31; August 3-9; December 1-30, 2008; January 1-31, 2009
  • $139: July 18-19, 2008
  • $149: September 3-13; November 3-17, 23-30, 2008
  • $189: December 31, 2008
  • $229: September 25-30, 2008
  • $289: October 19, 2008

• 2 weeks later...

Like my fellow native Ellen, I always kinda cringe when I see that out-of-towners are going to spend their one night in my fabulous city in the Best Western Adams Inn. Nothing really against it, but we have an amazing world-class city and to spend your one night here in a budget motel in a corporate office park, overlooking a highway instead of in one of the best cities in the world....well, it's just not the impression I would like folks to take home!

If you can stay in the city at the Park Plaza at those kind of reasonable rates...go for it!

Lynne

I just got home from Boston last night. We stayed in the Park Plaza and it was great! It is one block from Newbury St. which is a great safe place to walk to at night for dinner. There are also several restaurants connected to the hotel and across the street. The room was small and the sound-proofing wasn't too great, but the location was awesome! The public gardens were right across the street and were so beautiful to stroll through to visit Cheers and Beacon Hill on the other side of the gardens. We spent our last night at the Seaport hotel, which is on the silver line of the T, so we took a T-bus straight to the airport for $2.

Archived