Recommedation of hotel in galveston with free cruise parking

adamscot

Hi, will be sailing from Galveston in November, was wondering if anyone had a hotel they recommend that offers free cruise parking. Price range is pretty open as long as its a clean bed and no bugs:eek:.. would like to keep it under $125 tho. Thanks for any help.

Hi, will be sailing from Galveston in November, was wondering if anyone had a hotel they recommend that offers free cruise parking. Price range is pretty open as long as its a clean bed and no bugs:eek:.. would like to keep it under $125 tho. Thanks for any help.

Holiday Inn on the Beach has free parking and a free shuttle service to and from the terminal. Price runs around $100 a night during off season and around $175 during peak.

The Harbour House is right next to the terminal. I've seen good reviews on it, but haven't been there personally. You might check it.

We stay at the Howard Johnson.. As you come in to Galveston, it is on your left.. On the same road as the ship terminal. It is within your price range and you park free.. I like that short cab ride down the street to the ship.. And when you leave you miss a lot of town traffic..

I just returned from Galveston. I would highly reccommend

The Harbour House .. We stayed there and LOVED it.. 20 dollars

to park for the week. You can see the harbor, you can see the Conquest

come in to port and you can walk to the terminal. They have free

cont breakfast very nice and clean.. ;)

I just returned from Galveston. I would highly reccommend

The Harbour House .. We stayed there and LOVED it.. 20 dollars

to park for the week. You can see the harbor, you can see the Conquest

come in to port and you can walk to the terminal. They have free

cont breakfast very nice and clean.. ;)

How safe is the parking at Harbour House? Covered? Secure? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

How safe is the parking at Harbour House? Covered? Secure? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I did not park a car there. I would have though :rolleyes: I know its not covererd.

You can call and ask about security. I know I saw alot of people getting off the ship and picking there car up at the Harbor House.

We've left our car there several times and have never had a problem. It is a well lit parking lot. They say they have a security guard, but I've never seen anyone. No one (other than HH patrons) is allowed to park there as they have a gate that you have to access with a code.

We love the HH!

All this information on the HH is great! We are staying there for our upcoming cruise and we really look forward to it:)

I'm totally jealous! ;) Enjoy your stay at the HH....it really is a wonderful place!

BTW: I'm a Okie gal, but transplanted to Kansas about 17 years ago. All our family is either in Altus, Cyril, or OKC! It will always be home!

Go Sooners! :D

Just called to book pre-cruise stay (one night) at HH - March of next year. The girl was rude when she answered the telephone, put me on hold for an

extensive period of time, and was rude when she finally gave me a price of $255.00 for the night. Maybe she's having a bad day. I'm not difficult to please but am reluctant to book given the price.

Susan

Just called to book pre-cruise stay (one night) at HH - March of next year. The girl was rude when she answered the telephone, put me on hold for an

extensive period of time, and was rude when she finally gave me a price of $255.00 for the night. Maybe she's having a bad day. I'm not difficult to please but am reluctant to book given the price.

Susan

WOW Sorry about the bad experience!! Always very pleasent

when ive talked to them. Except for first time call alittle

cold then warmed up :cool: ..

The price seems alittle high. I wonder if something going on that time??

I booked mine through a on line co. I paid 75 less.. Check online co

if you want to know who I used let me know I am not sure I am suppose

to give names out on CC. E-mail lvrobert@aol.com

Sheri ;)

I called the Hotel Galvez. Everyone I spoke with was very polite and willing to answer my multitude of questions. I booked with them as they were $149.00 - included covered parking for the entire length of my cruise and shuttle to and from port. Reviews on the board were a bit mixed but I believe we'll give it a try.

Thanks anyway!

Susan

Susan

Is that spring break in Texas?

we had a very good experience with the Hotel Galvez last year

my mom got married on a cruise, had the rehearsal dinner at Galvez and a lot of us stayed there and parked there during the cruise

other than not having enough shuttles to pick us all up so that it took FOREVER to get back to the hotel after the cruise and most of my relatives had left by then so I didn't get to say "goodbye", the experience was wonderful

Anyone know if Hilton has free cruise parking?

Yes, they do. Actually, they will have you park behind the San Luis (right next door). They also provide free shuttle service to and from the terminal. If you want to take the shuttle be sure and put your name on the list when you check in.

Yes, they do. Actually, they will have you park behind the San Luis (right next door). They also provide free shuttle service to and from the terminal. If you want to take the shuttle be sure and put your name on the list when you check in.

Great! You just saved me time and money (I was about to reserve some parking here in the next couple days and figured I'd check first). Thanks!

Susan

This happened to me too.....a couple of times, I tried again and finally got a great person, did not put me on hold and quoted $155 a night whereas the others quoted me $215/night. I am determined to stay there because of all the good reviews. They need some help with the reservations desk, IMO.

• 1 month later...

Susan

Susan...I tried to book there (going on Voyager of Seas 12/14/08)...was told it was a 2-nite stay only..got a price of $125/nite but it's nice for the convenience of being right there at the port.

Dottie

My DH & I love the Tremont. We have stayed there twice now. Location is good and you can park for free at the Galvez during your cruise..and they provide a shuttle to the cruise terminal and back! The Tremont is down near the cruise terminal and you can easily walk to the strand or the harbor. There is a great little restaurant for breakfast right across the street. I suggest booking it through Wyndham for better prices... Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Susan...I tried to book there (going on Voyager of Seas 12/14/08)...was told it was a 2-nite stay only..got a price of $125/nite but it's nice for the convenience of being right there at the port.

Dottie

Hi Cedar Check out the new meeting place for the 12/14 cruise hope you are still coming with us, pleeease come post on our Roll Call.

We had reservations for Dec 27th prior to our Voyager cruise at Harbor House. In checking online there was a message stating that Harbor House would be closed until early 2009.

http://www.harborhousepier21.com/

The phone numbers listed do not work and if you send a message to the email address it is not deliverable.

What I did was to call Wyndam Hotels at 1-800-996-3426 and they informed my that my reservation was cancelled. They mentioned that Hotel Galvez is available for December but that Tremont is not yet taking reservations.

Archived