Solstice Preview Tomorrow (July 8th) in Miami

Host Anne

Anne, did you get the impression that the dinner menu in Blu will be fixed, like the specialty restaurants, or rotating, like the menu in the main dining room? It seems to me it's more likely to be a rotating menu, as it is where some passengers will be eating for all seven nights of their cruise.

Hey there:) nice to see you! Hope you are doing well:)

How was your cruise to Alaska?

Hi, Lois:). Everything here is great, but hectic. It's hard to believe we moved over a year ago. Time flies.

Alaska was gorgeous and we had great weather. I worked too much to enjoy much else actually:(.

Anne, did you get the impression that the dinner menu in Blu will be fixed, like the specialty restaurants, or rotating, like the menu in the main dining room? It seems to me it's more likely to be a rotating menu, as it is where some passengers will be eating for all seven nights of their cruise.

I think Anne may have already clarified this in another thread, but since this will be AQ pax's primary dining room, the menu would, I believe, need to change daily. See this thread specificially about Blu for more details: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=806692

I had posted a question regarding the relaxation room a little while back on this thread and under a separate thread. I was wondering whether you had had an opportunity to ask Celebrity about it. There's really no information on the Celebrity website, so it would be nice to know what, exactly, it is. Thanks!:D

I was hoping for a concierge lounge too on Celebrity. They really should make one. I've been on nothing but Royal Caribbean lately, but I'm looking foward to my first cruise on Celebrity. I've been on 19 cruises, but first cruise on Celebrity. I'm sure I'll love it in March. :D

I had posted a question regarding the relaxation room a little while back on this thread and under a separate thread. I was wondering whether you had had an opportunity to ask Celebrity about it. There's really no information on the Celebrity website, so it would be nice to know what, exactly, it is. Thanks!:D

Yes, any info on the Relaxation Lounge yet? Thanks

Hello !

I will be sure to ask about it. If/When I hear anything, I will be glad to post it here.

[quote name='alcman']In the current issue of Conde Nast Traveler, there is a pullout section designed to help people pick the cruise that is right for them. One of the sections recommends ships for people who are interested in spa features. Solstice is one of the ships highlighted. Among other things in describing the wonders of aquaclass cabins is the statement that it includes passengers, "receive two complimentary spa treatments. Is the reference to the Persian Gardens and Relaxation area or is there something additional that no one has yet mentioned. I suspect the former, but thought I might as well ask the experts.
thanks
Jerry[/QUOTE]

I read that pullot section and there was lots of bad info in those articles. I believe there was one reference that included radiance of the seas in the Voyager class ships.

[quote name='Giorgi-one']I read that pullot section and there was lots of bad info in those articles. I believe there was one reference that included radiance of the seas in the Voyager class ships.[/quote]

There was also lots of bad info on Yahoo recently about Solstice - just plain incorrect stuff like the Blu restaurant being open seating, always casual, etc. It's bad enough for =X= to be inconsistent with its communications (because things due change when a new ship is introduced) but it's totally another for some anonymous blogger to put up a web site as if it were gospel truth when it in fact is just the figment of someone's vivid imagination. This misinformation gets spread around on forums like this and then it suddenly starts to sound true! :(

[quote name='richkinkade']Anne, did you get the impression that the dinner menu in Blu will be fixed, like the specialty restaurants, or rotating, like the menu in the main dining room? It seems to me it's more likely to be a rotating menu, as it is where some passengers will be eating for all seven nights of their cruise.[/QUOTE]

Hi Rich !

I just recieved a response to this question. The BLU Menu will be different each night of the Cruise.

[quote name='BethV114'][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]I had posted a question regarding the relaxation room a little while back on this thread and under a separate thread. I was wondering whether you had had an opportunity to ask Celebrity about it. There's really no information on the Celebrity website, so it would be nice to know what, exactly, it is. Thanks!:D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Muushka']Yes, any info on the Relaxation Lounge yet? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi Muushka & BethV !

Here is the response I recieved :

The Relaxation Lounge, is a Lounge area providing comfortable chairs/lounges, flavored waters & teas, snacks and reading materials.

That's all I have for now. I am fairly certain we will hear more about this area in the near future. I hope this is of some help.

Mushka,

Yes indeed I have actually known quite a few women with this name. A very famous Rabbi's wife had it as a second name, Chaiya Mushka, and many now have this name. Its Eastern European, perhaps I think Polish.

I agree, if it was ont he internet..It must be true...VERY FUNNY!

Thanks Andy for always helping us out with additional questions. Cant wait to meet you on board.

Daph

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Muushka & BethV !

Here is the response I recieved :

The Relaxation Lounge, is a Lounge area providing comfortable chairs/lounges, flavored waters & teas, snacks and reading materials.

That's all I have for now. I am fairly certain we will hear more about this area in the near future. I hope this is of some help.[/quote]

Ahhhhhh. Thank you. We don't have the appropriate smiley that I got when I read your post. That is awesome. :)

Tell me, does anyone know if this is indoor or outdoor? Not that it matters, it just helps me conjure up more awesome mental images.....:p

[quote name='Daphna101']Mushka,

Yes indeed I have actually known quite a few women with this name. A very famous Rabbi's wife had it as a second name, Chaiya Mushka, and many now have this name. Its Eastern European, perhaps I think Polish.

I agree, if it was ont he internet..It must be true...VERY FUNNY!

Thanks Andy for always helping us out with additional questions. Cant wait to meet you on board.

Daph[/quote]

I heard about the Eastern Europe decent also, perhaps even as far as Russia. Mine has 2 'U's (only because my husband made up the spelling to go with my word):rolleyes:;)

[quote name='Muushka']Tell me, does anyone know if this is indoor or outdoor? Not that it matters, it just helps me conjure up more awesome mental images.....[/quote]

From the deck plans it is inside across the front of the ship on the AQ class (Penthouse) deck - Looks like a fabulous view with lots of area to relax and enjoy the vistas while sipping a tea...can't wait! :p

[quote name='rolfecms']From the deck plans it is inside across the front of the ship on the AQ class (Penthouse) deck - Looks like a fabulous view with lots of area to relax and enjoy the vistas while sipping a tea...can't wait! :p[/quote]
That is what my husband (the deck plan studier) said too.
So, is only for Aqua Class pax? Not that I am a snob or anything, but just worry about kid-infiltration.;) I will be doing DCL in 2 months and will have had my fill of kiddos for the time period!;)

[quote name='Muushka']That is what my husband (the deck plan studier) said too.
So, is only for Aqua Class pax? Not that I am a snob or anything, but just worry about kid-infiltration.;) I will be doing DCL in 2 months and will have had my fill of kiddos for the time period!;)[/quote]

Yes, it's only for AQ pax. :)

[quote name='Host Andy']I just recieved a response to this question. The BLU Menu will be different each night of the Cruise.[/quote]

Host Andy or Anne: Were either of you able to determine when Blu will be open - is it just for dinner or other meals? :confused:

[quote name='rolfecms']Host Andy or Anne: Were either of you able to determine when Blu will be open - is it just for dinner or other meals? :confused:[/quote]

Hi,:) I am not Anne or Andy but I remember the answer to this
one......unless it has changed in the past 3 weeks.
Breakfast and Dinner were what I recall. Again, I could be wrong
so maybe someone else who attended can confirm it.

Archived