Treadmill Speed Limit

Does anyone know...if there is a maximum speed limit on the Carnival Treadmills? And I'm talking about something reasonable...like I'm sure the absolute max's of the machines are somewhere between 12-15 mph...but I have been told that cruiselines tend to install a governer type device that will limit the treadmill to say 5-6 mph. This is supposedly do to the disorienting feeling that a novice treadmiller can experience when they first run on a treamill for a long period of time, then suddenly step off...and feel like the world is moving...not to mentioning...being on a ship...and actually HAVING the world moving. Does my question make sense. Normally at home I run around 8 mph...will the ship's treadmills go that high?!?!

Okay...I can't throw stones...because I have to admit...this is my first post in this "Fitness, Spa & Sports Cruises" area....but, I must say...."Wow, this area isn't visited that often!!!!"

At the rate I'm going...I'm going to end up answering my own question!!! We leave THIS Sunday...July 20th...we're down to 4-5 days!

You watch...I will answer myself!!! LOL!!!

I've got no answer for you. Sorry. But I *am* hoping you'll give us the answer when you get back. I'm heading off on my first cruise next February and will be facing the same issue.

Its nice at least that I got a response. Thanks...and yup...a few of more days...and I will answer the question myself! I'll let you know. I hope they are not severely restricted...running on the ship's track just isn't very practical...when you are at sea it is just too darned windy up there. If you've never cruised before...trust me...you'll find if the ship is moving...you can hardly walk against the wind on the track...muchless run. Now then...when the ship is in port...sure...it works then...anyhow...I'm not Joe-Marathon or anything...but I do run a lot...and I am 6'2"...so my walking speed on the tread is 4 mph!

• 2 weeks later...

Keith thanks for the reply...at least...finally, in the end...I didn't have to answer myself. And believe it or not...we are back...and have been back for a week now. We had a GREAT trip...maybe the best cruise ever...terrific ports of call. And...I NEVER ran once! Sorry!!! WE were just sooo busy, sooo much snorkling...hiking, running around...I never felt like I was in need of exercise...not to mention the Stairs on the Ship! WE never take the elevators. Lots of stairs!

• 2 months later...

i think alot of people are thinking about food..rather than

a good workout when the plan a cruise..

i would also like to know the max. speed limit on those

treadmill s..on my last cruise aboard the Star..i swear

a girl was galloping on one of those..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Maxax.

I go to a gym here in Memphis and usually set the Precor Treadmill at 5 m/h. When I set the Precor at that speed on the Triumph last year, it was just a medium walk. I don't know if the one at my gym is too fast or the one on the ship is too slow. I had to bump it up to 10 m/h on the Triumph to get the approx speed of the home one.

Archived