Lobster

soam2005

That's a good question. I've never tried it, but like the idea. DW and I are on the Westerdam this December, and we promised each other that the uniform of the cruise would be shorts, campshirts and flip flops. I do, however, have a fondness for the bugs. :D

Room service will definitely be available. Lobsters are always served on formal night, and many people "eat in" that night. If you are asking whether you can get lobsters that way - I don't see why not. :)

DW and I are on the Westerdam this December, and we promised each other that the uniform of the cruise would be shorts, campshirts and flip flops.

OK, time to get a bucket of popcorn, a bucket of beer, sit back and wait.....

OK, time to get a bucket of popcorn, a bucket of beer, sit back and wait.....

:confused: :confused: :confused: . As we say in these parts....if you don't start any, there won't be any. :rolleyes:

Not only can you get lobster in you can get as many as you wish!!! You gotta Luv HAL!!!

THAT is wonderful news. That may be the only meal we eat in the cabin as I don't look good with melted butter covering the upper half of my body and anything near me. I used to order lobster dinners, bring it home and spread a picnic blanket on the floor for a romantic dinner. In the cabin I will not be doing that where strangers have lived and walked but no doubt the romance of an unlimited supply of lobster in an intimate setting is something to look forward to - all that butter flying and the shower is so close.

Can it get any better?

THAT is wonderful news. That may be the only meal we eat in the cabin as I don't look good with melted butter covering the upper half of my body and anything near me. I used to order lobster dinners, bring it home and spread a picnic blanket on the floor for a romantic dinner. In the cabin I will not be doing that where strangers have lived and walked but no doubt the romance of an unlimited supply of lobster in an intimate setting is something to look forward to - all that butter flying and the shower is so close.

Can it get any better?

On the last cruise (10 days, 3 formal nights) we had lobster for one and crab legs for another. I enjoy them both, went for the lobster but passed on the crab legs for the reason you mentioned. Having grown up on the coast, I can't for the life of me think of why either of these messy, scrumptious meals would be served without an appropriate clothing cover (e.g. bib), much less doing so on a formal night where dry cleaning is required to recover from a false move.

Might be time to consider an in room move for at least one of these experiences.

I can't for the life of me think of why either of these messy, scrumptious meals would be served without an appropriate clothing cover (e.g. bib),
Nah - they way split them open for you it's knife and fork food! :D

On the last cruise (10 days, 3 formal nights) we had lobster for one and crab legs for another. I enjoy them both, went for the lobster but passed on the crab legs for the reason you mentioned. Having grown up on the coast, I can't for the life of me think of why either of these messy, scrumptious meals would be served without an appropriate clothing cover (e.g. bib), much less doing so on a formal night where dry cleaning is required to recover from a false move.

Might be time to consider an in room move for at least one of these experiences.

I'm with you on this. I was raised in the San Francisco Bay Area and from Fisherman's Wharf to Morro Bay, shelled sea food just isn't as good unless it is messy with butter. Bibs are pretty much hit and miss unless we order the whole lobster even there but they are certainly available in more formal settings. It should be required attire. BTW I am a mess with crab legs too. I use the tools in public even as you described (that of being formal wear) and I am able to present some small amount of class but my heart is sobbing, "Sell out! Crack that shell like you mean it!"

Had it!! Loved It!! Will have it again!!

IMO that is a real plus for HAL having this option for lobster (and crab?). Very good. There is nothing like an intimate setting, lobster and champagne for elevating an alternative dining experience. I'm impressed.

And you miss some of the tastiest parts of the lobster!
You only get the tail -- not the WHOLE lobster.
Besides, they're not good New England lobsters anyway ... just the tail is enough for me. (CT native here!)

I Never use butter with my lobster. Never could understand why anyone wants to bury the taste of the wonderful lobster meat in all that fat and calories. :D

We're used to New England lobsters so almost never order them on the ship......but we sure do eat them ashore for lunch on our Canada/New England cruises. :) (Mine steamed, no butter. My DH does the butter thing. )

When I'm on a cruise, I always hope to get some tail.

*LOL*

Ahhhhh memories

I haven't had any tail in the dining room since my oldest son learned how to climb out of his crib. :)

Back on topic: Yea the lobsters tails on cruise ships are kind of small

I Never use butter with my lobster. Never could understand why anyone wants to bury the taste of the wonderful lobster meat in all that fat and calories. :D

Exactly what I always think when my husband drowns his lobster:p

If I'm making lobster salad, a little lemon aioli is nice, though ;-)

Archived