Eurodam is coming to America.......

sail7seas

If you can arrange it, do it. You will enjoy the ship and especially the meal.

Before we sailed on July 2, there was a marinerslunch on board in Rotterdam.

Very convenient for us, since we could do the lunch and sail right after that.

People attending that lunch enjoyed it very much and regretted to leave the ship.

We just received a lovely invitation to Mariners Brunch on Eurodam in New York for Monday, September 1. We disembark from two weeks on Maasdam August 30 so don't know if DH will travel to New York. It's a nice invitation and we appreciate it. Hope we can go.

If you can't go, I know a lovely couple in New York City that won't have to travel far to get to the ship. ;)

Thanks, Sue'sMom.... Yes. We are happily holding our cruise documents to return to 'my' :) Maasdam in August. Can't wait to cross that gangway. Thanks for the nice message.

DH and I still haven't discussed whether he'll be able to take more time out of his office to go to New York. We'll see.

If you can't go, I know a lovely couple in New York City that won't have to travel far to get to the ship. ;)

I know one too. In fact, they'll be just getting off, and wouldn't mind staying on a bit longer.:D

We also received the invitation today- at first I thought it was a thank you for a recent booking and was surprised. We talked it over and did send an RSVP, will wait until we get a confirmation before making any travel plans. We thought it was a very nice recognition from HAL.

We also received the invitation today- at first I thought it was a thank you for a recent booking and was surprised. We talked it over and did send an RSVP, will wait until we get a confirmation before making any travel plans. We thought it was a very nice recognition from HAL.

What time is the invitation for and after traveling to NY, how long can you stay on the ship, etc?

Is this directly from HAL, or does it have anything to do with the American Express invitations that have been mentioned on these boards?

What time is the invitation for and after traveling to NY, how long can you stay on the ship, etc?

Is this directly from HAL, or does it have anything to do with the American Express invitations that have been mentioned on these boards?

What American Express invitations?

We have the Platinum card.

Our invitation came directly from HAL, the boarding begins around 10 AM, brunch is at 11AM, they have some form of presentation and a ships tour. According to the invitation you have to be off the ship by 2:30 PM.

We've been fortunate to enjoy these Inaugural Parties in the past and thought them great fun. We were at a dinner aboard Maasdam in Boston when she first made the crossing from Fincantieri as brand new ship. We also were on Amsterdam and Noordam and I can't remember which others.

Joel Gray entertained on Maasdam's Inaugural Party on Maasdam in Boston. Outstanding.

I know one too. In fact, they'll be just getting off, and wouldn't mind staying on a bit longer.:D

Carol, I would send you ours but unfortunately it is marked non-transferable. Sorry.

Thank you, Helen. I could certainly stay on board till 11am anyway and don't really need a tour since I will have seen the ship. But it would be fun to be invited to the Mariner's Brunch. HAL, are you reading this?

i to received my invite this am and already called to confirm i can hardly wait, i also was on the niew amsterdam whern it first came to ny many years ago so this will be wonderful counting the days till sept 1 and i just got off the new amsterdam from an alaskan cruise thanks hal for not letting me come depressed after sailing happy sail days to everyone and blue skies.......

thanks for the info about the brunch. I emailed the Mariner's email address on HAL website requesting that I be invited. I received an invitation by email the next day, and accepted. I was told that a boarding pass will be forthcoming.

Thank you all for the insight. I was invited to a lunch on the Noordam a couple of years ago, but I was unable to attend.

Oh my, I wouldn't take Lucky bus if my life depended upon it either! Not with their record!

Do you have the link? What is the poor record? I took the bus a number of years ago and it was clean and smooth as a whistle, and this is from someone who flys the shuttle regularly and took enough Acelas to get two free tickets on Continental and Delta to BA next year.

• 2 weeks later...

We just received our invitation in the mail today to visit the Eurodam in NY on Sept. 1st. I just e-mailed HAL that we would love to attend. The invitation says that it is first-come, first-served, so I hope we do receive boarding passes. Will let you know.

My invitation was in the mail when I came home from sailing 20 days on the Eurodam. I am not that impressed with the Eurodam after 20 days and certainly won't make the trip to NY to the brunch. I went to the Noordam brunch in Ny and it was very nice. I have 610 days with Hal and got an invitation. Eurodam was far too crowded, poor service, IMO. They have crammed 200 more people on this ship and are understaffed. Ship has NUMEROUS problems IMO. I have already written a long, long letter to Hal stating that the service on this ship was NOT up to the usual Hal standards. Hal is NOT the premium line it used to be. Adele

Archived