Airline in Barcelona

AF-1

Hi if the ship arrives in port at 5am, will a 10am flight work? Also how far is the taxi ride from port to airport? thanks.

Last time we were in Barcelona we were off around 7 am and we have already booked a 10am flight home for next May. Short answer, YES..

Last time we were in Barcelona we were off around 7 am and we have already booked a 10am flight home for next May. Short answer, YES..

I don't know how long ago you were in Barcelona, but I was there last October. I can almost guarantee that you wouldn't have made a 10AM flight, if you disembarked at 7am. The lines were horrific! :eek:

With that said, to the OP, if you can request early departure or do a walk off, you'll probably be OK. Our flight left at 12noon, and we had about an hour in the departure lounge. Good luck!!!!

PS: I hope you have some time to spend in Barcelona. I really loved it. Also, the trip out to Montserrat is incredible. ~ LL

We cruised from Barcelona this past June.

They don't start disembarking passengers until 6.30/6.45am

We kept out luggage with us in the cabin for Express Departure and just walked off the ship at 7am. No queues, not waiting for luggage (since we were pulling it), nothing. In a taxi by 7.20am on the way to the airport. We were in the terminal by 7.40am. We were on a 11:55am flight, that wouldn't start check-in until 10am, so we had to hang around (with our luggage) for some time!

So I would say that - unless you cruise got unexpectedly held-up - you should be fine to take a 10am flight (providing you keep your luggage and take Express Departure).

Apparently continental Europeans are not "early risers", so generally there is not a huge rush for early departure... (infact the crew are generally trying to throw them out of their cabins past 8am!)

Boo

I don't know how long ago you were in Barcelona, but I was there last October. I can almost guarantee that you wouldn't have made a 10AM flight, if you disembarked at 7am. The lines were horrific! :eek:

With that said, to the OP, if you can request early departure or do a walk off, you'll probably be OK. Our flight left at 12noon, and we had about an hour in the departure lounge. Good luck!!!!

We do get D+ priority departure and are in the very 1st group off. We use a taxi service in BCN and they are always there on time and to the airport before most on board have finished breakfast....

We did self assist and walked off the ship at 0645. There were dozens of taxis lined up ready. We got to the airport in about 25 minutes.WE had a 10.30 flight scheduled but we could have made the 0930 one if there had been space on it.

I agree.. you would definitely have to take your luggage off yourself. We didn't because we hired a taxi (large group).. and it was a complete madhouse..it took forever to get our luggage and not all of it came out on the same belt like it was supposed to.. and the people (foreigners and non) were very pushy and rude. Not a good experience!

Archived